RELEASED Farm Expansion 3.3

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Advize, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Y values in general, huh? The expansion plot has more x values on it, though... it's horizontal. Well anyway, if it's not a bug, i'm cool with it. :3

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Pretty much, its actually why fixed seeds shouldnt really be used for things like this... because a large bias builds up over time.

Edit: Advize, the code that handles giant crops is the following:
      new Random((int) Game1.uniqueIDForThisGame + (int) Game1.stats.DaysPlayed + xTile * 2000 + yTile).NextDouble() < 0.01

Edit 2: it is technically a bug, just not one in Advize's code, and not one we modders can get fixed.

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

A bug in the game code, then. Nothing we can do about that though, as you said. Guess I'll just enjoy these giant melons. :3

• dinusocol

dinusocol Intergalactic Tourist

hello, i think there is a bug where my game does not save the changes to the new place. it saves normally but when i exit the game and enter again , there is nothing changed ! any help?

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

did you install the serilizer mod too? its needed for the expansion mod

• farmertony

farmertony Void-Bound Voyager

Am excited about this mod, but after building 2 coops & 2 barns on original farmland, then upgrading those, I went to buy animals.
              Game always crashes when asking Marnie to purchase animals :(

The error I get is:

[ERROR] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void StardewValley.Menus.IClickableMenu.drawMouse(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch)'.
              at FarmExpansionSMAPI.PurchaseAnimalsMenu.draw(SpriteBatch b)
              at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
              [10:53:39.606 PM] [ERROR] An error occured in the overridden draw loop: System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
              at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
              at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState)
              at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

Is there any way around this cause I have to have animals?

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Method not found? The method is inherited from IClickableMenu, and with the exception of a few minor changes, FarmExpansionSMAPI.PurchaseAnimalsMenu is identical to StardewValley.Menus.PurchaseAnimalsMenu. Are you perhaps not using the latest version of SMAPI, 0.40.0? The only thing I could think of is that your StardewValley is outdated, your version of SMAPI is outdated, or you're using a pirated version of Stardew Valley.

• 999cranberries

999cranberries Big Damn Hero

I've had this mod installed with no problems for a while. Now it's no longer saving changes to the farm expansion. The buildings are still there but anything placed outside reverts after I save.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

It just suddenly stopped working one day? That's very odd, I don't even know how to begin troubleshooting that. I may need you to send me your save file and your mods as well if I have any hope of diagnosing it.

• 999cranberries

I guess so... I've been using the same versions of the same mods the entire time I've had it installed (Access Chest Anywhere, Loved Labels, NPC Map Locations, Chest Label System, and the other non-SMAPI additional farm plot). I'm going to fool around with it a bit more, but it definitely used to work at one point and doesn't work now.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

What version of the FarmExpansion mod are you using, and what date is it in game (month, day, year).

• 999cranberries

It's the most recent update I believe. The file says it was last modified April 22, so I believe that's consistent with v. 2.05.The save I'm having trouble with is at Spring 19, Y4. I haven't checked if it's saving items on my other save. Sorry for my slow replies, it was just finals week, so I didn't have any time to play.

• farmertony

farmertony Void-Bound Voyager

Check the config file (generated after first load with this mod).

I believe backwardsCompatible=false should be the setting... NOT backwardsCompatible=true. I had a similar problem if not the same.

• 999cranberries

Alright. It was set to "true," and I changed it to false. I'll check sometime tonight, hopefully, if I have time.

• cera12sim

cera12sim Subatomic Cosmonaut

It seems this expansion resets itself whenever i restart my game

Im in winter and all the trees are respawning in the same area

• asteriaex

asteriaex Void-Bound Voyager

So I'm reading the source code, and I can't figure out where it allows for a new area added, I'm trying to make a mod that adds in a new area for a new greenhouse, so a new area once you warp through the door// uhh coding is melting my brain

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The greenhouse being what it is, is done through a hardcoded check that cannot be modified through SMAPI, so unless you are willing to do some massive C# voodoo sacrifices, you aint going to get more greenhouse maps in the game.

• asteriaex

So I could
                                      So I couldn't add in a new area for a greenhouse, like even if it's just a room with tillable tiles?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You could add a new area, but it wouldnt be a greenhouse, crops would still decay as the seasons require.

• asteriaex

Hmmmm, well at least it would be a start. Then if I really wanted to I could try to see if I could find code to make it work with the seasons, so lots of learning heh

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016