RELEASED Farm Expansion 3.3

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Advize, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I tried but didn't find anything particularly out of the ordinary in your save file.

If I were you I would first try it with no mods installed and see if it happens. If it doesn't, start adding mods one at a time until you find the culprit.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

i did. i turned off all mods and only installed serilizer and farmexpansion. still happened

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

could youreproduce that bugg with my save file? ive got the feeling that i got the bug because of an old mod. you know.. there is a mod giving you new crops for example. a new version of that mod comes out and some crops change, so the old ones shouldnt exists anymore. but somewhere in your chests they still exist. and i was thinking.. maybe your farmexpansion mod is the trigger for that bugg because i have some bugged, old items somewhere, which sholdnt be there. and the combination of these items and your expansion mod causes that bug.

you think i should try to destroy all my new crops/trees/machines given by mods and try again?

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

its getting even stranger... lol. i did some more tests. and that bug occurs only at 07:00 pm - 11:00 pm. between 11:10 pm and 02:00 am there is no bug at night.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Put your save game (folder + 2 files inside) as well as all of your mods (from your appdata mods directory and game's mods directory) into a zip file. I need to reproduce your environment exactly if I have any hope of recreating this.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

it took me a while but here we go. the zip contains everything i use (savefile, content, mods). you just need a clean not-modified game and you can overwrite that clean version with my files. (of course back up your own data before you do anything. i think i dont really need to tell you that info. but.. just wanted to be sure :))
              thanks again for your efforts!

(edit: i already sent you a list of all the mods and contents i use. so if you wonder, why, how, where, you can check the screens)

(edit 2: i dont want to take too much of your time. so.. just look at my bugg/problem when you have time.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
              • dsrules

dsrules Subatomic Cosmonaut

Have you tried replicating this on a NEW save?

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

yes i did. and it worked. no bugg. so there is something with already built new items/machines/trees/crops (with mod help) idk what exactly. maybe its an old mod.. like... new crop mod. they changed old crops in nthe newer versions so the old beef seed for example isnt the same as the new one.
                  so i can say, there is something with my save file and farmexpansion mod is unluckily the trigger for the horse insvisility between 7 pm and 11 pm (because something is already wrong with the save file).
                  i used some other mods too but i deleted them for example... gender bender. it makes every bachelor to a girl. the events changed too of these bachelors to fit into the girly thing. im not sure but maybe its a written non existing event that occurs at night but cant start because there is no mod for that? i also used a friendship mod so i get 8 or 10 stars for every person instantly. that means all the events will come at once. i was sure that i saw all events before i uninstalled it. but maybe i have overseen a night event.
                  as i said, the horse invisibility occurs only in town and mountain map

( i even made a clean stardew version and only activated serilizer and farmexpansion mods with my safe. no files overwritten, no other mods and contents, only these two. and it still occurs. so it must be my save file)

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Cause was found, see spoiler for details. In short, the problem is not caused by my mod, or any mod for that matter. You simply have 2 bugged events that for some reason or another crash upon triggering. I suspect using mods to increase your relationship with them (or possibly just a bug in the game itself) is what's causing them to fail.

So I used your save and list of mods. Problem began in the town at 7PM, and in the mountain location at 9PM. I then removed my mod and serializer utility from the mods folder and removed the relevant data from the save file so the game could load without the mod present.

The problem was still there.

It seems there are events that for some reason or another are bugged. Most events de-horse you, but since these events fail, the code that is supposed to execute doesn't fully complete. It results in an invisible horse and possible other weird lighting issues.

The likely town event that is causing this is Marnie and Lewis' 6 hearts event.

"After 7PM, enter Pelican Town to find Lewis and Marnie by Lewis' house.

NOTE: Only occurs if both Marnie and Lewis are at 6 hearts."

I don't know what the mountain event is, but it definitely starts at 9 PM. I'm going to remove other mods and see if the problem is still present. It is either a mod causing it, or cheating to increase your relationship status and / or a strange sequence of events has messed up the event for you.

Edit 1: Yep, I reduced your relationship with marnie and lewis to below 6 stars and the problem went away. Left the area, increased it again, and then the problem happened every time I re-entered the town. Going to use trial and error to find out which character is causing the issue in the mountains.

Edit 2: The mountains event that is failing is Maru's 6 heart event.

"Triggered by entering the area of the map where her house is located in the evening (Appears to be around 9PM - 11:40PM on a sunny day). Maru is looking through the telescope and is surprised to see you walking past. She offers you to look through the telescope and asks what you see."

Edit 3: Removed all mods, problem was still present.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

you know what, i love you. thanks for pointing out the causes for these bugs. so it means... this 6 hearts bug is a general bug in the game? or still only for my save file?

edit: btw.. are there tools for things like that? poiting out buggs, looking for the mistake etc. if yes, are these tools for free and available on this board? and easy to use for.. noobs like me? :D

• dsrules

dsrules Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd assume a previously used mod causing it, I've run into this with other mods before. Personally if I was you, I would check what happens when I manually edit in the 6 heart events, bypassing the entire scene itself. It's all a mystery 8)

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

well okay, there is something with my save file. i just made a new character and the events worked. the cause must be an old mod maybe. or an item which was created with an old mod. - is there a ways to change my save file so the game thinks all events already occured?

edit: i used this mod back then, to increase my friendship(i didnt know bout cjb cheat menue back then): http://community.playstarbound.com/...th-npc-locations-thanks-to-hitachihex.108633/
                          it was a bit buggy, scrolled down and up when clicking on someone to increase friendship. could that be the cause?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
                          • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I referenced the Stardew Valley wiki for events that might be causing it, then I just used CJB cheats menu to adjust time of day and relationship sliders to test things and narrow it down. Found out under what conditions it would happen, and under what conditions it wouldn't happen.

I also looked into the event code itself. The scripts for what happens during an event are in Data\Events\LocationName.xnb This is fine though, there's nothing wrong with those files.

The code for setting up events is found in StardewValley.Event (this is within StardewValley.exe itself). There's nothing wrong with the code here. However, it does assume certain conditions will be true and attempts to execute code that is causing your null reference exception.

I didn't completely narrow it down, but my guess is that one or more of the characters involved in the event is not present in the location when the event begins. The reference to the missing character(s) is null. It's possible that because you skipped so far ahead in relationship status that you triggered later events that causes these characters to skip their instructions to be present in these locations.

I've edited your save file and added the following lines between your <eventsSeen></eventsSeen> tags so that it thinks you've completed these events. You shouldn't have any more problems with your save. (Although you may have other bugged events).

<int>639373</int><int>8</int>

If you're wondering how I knew to input those numbers, it's because I knew the game must keep track of what events you've seen. I checked the Farmer class using ILSpy as this was the most likely candidate. Sure enough, it had a list of integers:

public List<int> eventsSeen = new List<int>();

I then checked your save file and searched for <eventsSeen> and found the integer values that were stored in it. The numbers themselves were pretty random so I figured events must have some kind of unique ID. The scripts for events found in Data\Events\Mountain.xnb and Town.xnb all started with some kind of integer. I input the values found at the start of the scripts for the offending events into the save file. Then I loaded up the game and tested it, and there were no more problems.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
                            • krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

thank you it works!
                              ive got another idea yesterday. what if i reset all friendships (and delete all eventsSeen) and use the divorce mod to erase child and wife and begin to build up friendship normally. you think it would work then, too?

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Start a new save.

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

You know what would be cool? Is that if your map expansion show up in the game map. Maybe you can edit the map file without messing it up too much. Why not give it a try if it is too much work then maybe it wasn't meant to be lol. :)

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Not sure if this is a bug or if the RNG just hates me, but it's already happened on two harvest days. I've got two huge melon plots of identical size (15x30 and 30x15). One's on the expansion. Both are on deluxe speed-gro. Yet for some reason, only the expansion plot has spawned giant melons. Five instances on both occasions. Last I checked, there was a certain chance that a giant crop would spawn so long as there was a 3x3 area of a giant-growing crop, and obviously, more 3x3 plots = more chances of spawning giant crops. I find it hard to believe that after two batches, only one of two 15x30 plots spawns giant crops, especially since where the giant crops spawned, there are FIVE. You'd think there would be at least one giant melon on the farm or something.

Is the RNG really that bad, or is it bugged?

Oh, I'm also using the configurable sprinklers mod, so those two 15x30 plots only have 2 iridium sprinkers each.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

There is technically a 1% chance for any last-stage crop in the middle of a 3x3 same-crop last-stage crops to trigger the giant crop growth, but the RNG uses the x,y of the crop as part of the seed, so certain x,y will simply be more likely to spawn giant crops. (Note, the x,y with higher chances differ per save, as each save has a unique ID that is also used for the RNG)

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

So basically, based on my seed, my plot in the expansion is more or less a lucky set of coordinates. That right? :3

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Do you mean having the farmer appear on the map while in the expansion, or do you mean modifying the map image itself to show the farm expansion?

If what Entoarox says is true, then it's quite possible that your particular save produces higher likelihood of giant crops on the farm expansion as it's larger than the original farm and you're planting in higher y values on average.