RELEASED Farm Expansion 3.3

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Advize, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I wasn't giving you flak lol.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I dont think anyone is going to complain about being able to move buildings as long as it takes just as long to move it as it takes to build one :)
      All moving will do is taking the annoying step of building a new one, transferring all animals and only then destroying the old one away.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

uhm... didnt mean to make the game easier/harder with my idea. i was just thinking "maybe my farm looks better if i move my barn a bit to the left". thats all lol

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

I noticed the stumps, boulders, and logs respawned. Managed to snag a total of 74 hardwood in one afternoon. Might this be a bug? Or a configable feature? some people might find it cheaty, but I find it a lot more convenient than forest grinding. :rofl:

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I'll have to test it to find out, but it may be that it regenerates each time the game is reloaded because of the way that the map is added. Also, it currently gets treated like any other location when the save is loaded so I may have to specify that it needs to load resourceClumps from the save file and applies it to the farm expansion location. Should be a simple fix, when I get home later this afternoon I'll find the cause and patch it.

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

It's likely the result of that. I reboot my game everyday, because Igorious' New Machine mod always stops working for me whenever I go to bed for some reason. As a result, I've gotten 82 (found another log hiding in the grass) additional hardwood everyday for the past three days now.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Did his mod stop working for you before, or after you installed this mod? If it started after, you may need to suggest to the author of that mod that they should use the SMAPI serializer replacing utility. He likely modifies the serializer to allow his mod to work.

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

I installed the older versions of this mod before. The machine mod was basically the last thing I added. That said, I also installed the machine mod before updating to the serializer version of this one. The machine mod has been stopping ever since I installed it though, before I updated to the serializer version.

That said, I noticed that my dinos have stopped laying eggs, and my pig hasn't found truffles for several days in a row now... Not sure if it might be a related issue.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

If that is happening on the default farm, it is in no way being caused by my mod. If pigs aren't finding truffles and dinos aren't laying eggs on the expansion plot, that would be something I need to look into.

Also, I double checked into the resource clumps. The list of resource clumps for the default farm location does have a specific line of code for it that loads it from the save file. I can add a single line of code to fix it for the expansion as well. Update will be out in a few minutes.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
                      Superior_s likes this.
                    • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

v2.01 is up on Nexus.

v2.01: Resource clumps (giant rocks and stumps on the farm) are now correctly loaded from the save file.

Superior_s likes this.
                      • Oranisagu

Oranisagu Subatomic Cosmonaut

BUG: if you place a machine into an animal building on the expansion map, you can feed the machine but it will never output anything (permanent processing).
                        FIX: in the TimeEvents.TimeOfDayChanged event run
                        Code:
                        ((Farm)expansionLocation).timeUpdate(10);

where expansionLocation is your newly added game location. (cast obviously only necessary if you're iterating over Game1.locations or something - if you have it typed it will work without)

that should fix it - though obviously you have to test it, I just found the problem and analyzed the code ;-)

Background:
                        Code:
                             foreach (GameLocation current in Game1.locations)
                        {
                        current.performTenMinuteUpdate(Game1.timeOfDay);
                        if (current.GetType() == typeof(Farm))
                        {
                        ((Farm)current).timeUpdate(10);
                        }
                        }
                        as you can see, instead of using 'current is Farm' CA used GetType(), which does fail in comparisons with derived classes. for obvious reasons one should always use the is comparison unless there's a good reason not to, but oh well.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
                        • ErusPrime

ErusPrime Void-Bound Voyager

"Cottage interior not implemented" -.-

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Still brainstorming up ideas on what I'd like to have in the interior. Whatever I design, it will fully support wallpaper and flooring as well as allow the player to place furniture. I have some grandiose ideas of maybe letting the player design the entire cottage (actually be able to place tiles and expand the walls). If you have any ideas on what should be inside, feel free to let me know.

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                            • Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Kitchen and bed too?

Jinxiewinxie likes this.
                              • lambee

lambee Subatomic Cosmonaut

BUG?

The silo in the expansion dont work! Can you check it?

Thanks!

• Aristarch

Aristarch Void-Bound Voyager

Can confirm that. I built a silo in the expansion and it shows 0/0 hay.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Silo in the farm expansion does not work because of how CA handles hay collection, there is simply no way to fix that.

• Aristarch

Aristarch Void-Bound Voyager

Do barn and coop work then ?
                                      Can anyone confirm ?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

They do work, it is just the silo that doesnt because of how hay is implemented.

• ErusPrime

ErusPrime Void-Bound Voyager

Well, for the time being, I would suggest a simple construct just so we can have storage over there. Just a little 8x8 for seed chests and stuff. And then once you figure out how to get all fancy, I would suggest making this whole area unlocked in the cc or bought from Robin. it's a little overpowered