RELEASED Farm Expansion 3.3

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Advize, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Not going to have time to do a proper release tonight with updated information, screenshots, videos, and things of that nature. However, I'll make the file available for anyone who wants to try it out. This will be the full release version unless somebody finds some horrible bug that I (somehow) missed in my hours of testing.

See spoiler in this post for an updated README. Installation instructions have changed, and the information contained within is VERY important. Note that dependencies have changed, you'll need SMAPI 0.40.0 or later and the Serializer Replacing Utility mod. Download links for both are included within the README found in the spoiler below.

=======================
    System Requirements:
    =======================

StardewValley 1.07
    Stardew Modding API (SMAPI) v0.40.0 or above (download here http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/stardew-modding-api-0-40-0.108375/)
    SMAPI Serializer Utility (download here http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/serializer-replacing-utility-standalone-mod.113632/)

=======================
    Installation:
    =======================

!!!WARNING!!!
    The serializer utility will break saves once a mod depending on them is uninstalled. Back up your save files before using.

1. ***BACKUP SAVE FILES*** Seriously, this is something you should do by default even without using mods.

2. Ensure all dependies have been installed (see requirements section).

3. If you have used previous versions of the mod, delete any of the files that you had previously installed (Any instances of FarmExpansionSMAPI.dll or FarmExtension.xnb, etc.).

4. Copy the "FarmExpansionSMAPI" folder to your %appdata%\StardewValley\Mods directory, or copy it to your Game\Mods directory (default C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Mods).

=======================
    How to Use:
    =======================

A path has appeared in the south western part of your farm that leads to your new farm extension. Robin and Marnie will allow you to construct buildings and add animals (respectively) to this new area. A config file will be generated in the mod folder after first run; inside you'll find options for "addCrows" which if set to true will allow crows to spawn on your farm expansion and eat crops, and "addHouse" which modifies the expansion to add a cottage on the north eastern hill. Please note that the interior of the cottage has not yet been added.

=======================
    Version History:
    =======================

v1.0: Initial Release.
    v1.01: Corrected tons of mismatched tile issues on the Farm Extension.
    v1.1: A path has been added to the south western side of your farm. Rain now waters crops. Trees/Grass grow properly. Tilled soil without crops disappears over time. Debris generation corrected.
    v1.2: You can now plant trees on the farm extension.
    v1.3: Warp points adjusted slightly so you can enter the farm extension with your horse again (oops). Massive rewrite on the dynamic tile modifying code to further increase compatibility with other mods.
    v2.0: The farm expansion finally supports buildings and animals! Robin and Marnie's menus now allow you to choose which farm to construct/demolish buildings or add animals to. Graphical improvements have been made to the default animal shop menu as CA really dropped the ball on this one. Robin now constructs all buildings in a single day, allows you to construct as many as you'd like in a single day, and also will continue to sell you goods provided she isn't currently upgrading your house. Upgrading the Farm House still takes 3 days. Config file added which allows for enabling/disabling crows on the expansion, and also allows you to modify the expansion slightly to add a cottage on the north eastern hill (cottage interior will be added at a later date).

Mod Download
    Edit: Download link removed. Was unable to load content from saves that previously used version 1.3. I've developed a fix that will be included in tomorrow's release. Previous save data will be patched into the new location, and the old data will then be discarded.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    • lambee

lambee Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can I ask you some questions?

1. ver 2.0 need SMAPI 0.40.0. When i update SMAPI 0.40.0, will some old mods become invalidated?

2. If I update ver 2.0, will the crops or tools(like kegs) in the new area disappeared?

Thx for answer me!

• Norfuer

Norfuer Orbital Explorer

Updated to SMAPI 0.4 recently. All of my mods are running fine. Not getting any error messages.

lambee likes this.
        • lambee

NICE! Thanks for your reply! 感谢老司机:up::up:

Norfuer likes this.
          • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

2.0 is officially out!

lambee and taintedwheat like this.
            • lambee

How can I choose (enabled/disabled) for the crows or cottage? Can I ?

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

After running the game once, a config file will be generated in the mod folder. Open config.ini (should open with notepad by default) and you'll see lines like:

addHouse=false

Change false to true then reload the game.

Teleute likes this.
                • ErusPrime

ErusPrime Void-Bound Voyager

This doesn't seem to be compatible with tegos.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

I just took a look at his mod. Against my recommendations, he entirely replaces the farm location rather than patching it. He has his code structured in a way that his replacement takes place after I patch the previous map, so that's the reason for the incompatibility. I'll release a fix later to ensure my content gets patched into farm even if replaced.

• lambee

BUG? 1. When I go out of the henhouse(in the new area), I appeared in the normal farm area.
                      2. Cant save after update the new version.

I dont know it only happens to me or not.

And I found the two bugs disappered if I remove ur new version mod.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
                      • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

If the game isn't saving correctly you've either:

1) Not intalled the Serializer Replacement Utility (see dependencies / requirements in OP and Readme.txt)
                        2) You're using another mod that replaces the serializer rather than using the utility.

Also, you shouldn't be appearing in the normal farm when you exit a coop on the farm extension. I have code in place to repair the warps on each new day (to ensure it is fixed immediately after constructing a building) and also when the save game is loaded (to repair warps in existing buildings). As for your third problem, I can't imagine why you're suddenly unable to enter the coop. Please provide a list of mods you're using.

• lambee

THX for answer me!:3:3

After placed the Serializer Replacement Utility into mod document,the game can save normally.

I have said that I cant go into the house in the new area. Solved now.Because the house I mentioned is the cottage, I know it‘s not developed yet

Sorry for my poor English...:cry:

• lambee

Hello, find a strange thing here.

When the reason changed, the grass or stone will grow in the farmextension. That's nomal.

But after day 1 I clean it up, the Farmextension grows large stones and stubs on day 3(or2) morning. Curiously, it grows above the floor or path. That‘s strange.

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

It's quite possible that weeds and stones generation is happening twice. In fact, thinking back to how I coded it I'm almost certain that it is. A fix would only take a few minutes. Currently writing a paper, but I'll release a fix when I'm done with that.

lambee likes this.
                              • lambee

Great! By the way, what's the farm extension's name? One mod needs its location name…

FarmExtension?or FarmExpansion

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

i once asked if your mod was compatible with [No API required] Bigger Farm (Carpenter compatible). but i didnt use your mod back then because it wasnt carpenter compatible.

i deleted [No API required] Bigger Farm (Carpenter compatible) and tried to use your mod now. well.. but my whole second farm disappeared. so ive got a question:
                                  so.. your mod doesnt replace [No API required] Bigger Farm (Carpenter compatible)? it adds a whole new farm to the map, so i can use your mod AND [No API required] Bigger Farm (Carpenter compatible)? that means.. i can have 3 farms at once (original one, your mod, and bugger farm mod) ? o.o

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
                                  • Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Unless things have changed with Bigger Farm in recent days, they are compatible. I've personally tested it.

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Before this one was carpenter compatible, I was using this and [No API Required] Bigger Farm (Carpenter compatible) together. After updating, they are still compatible with one another. (I personally use one for my animals, one for my crops, and one for an orchard)

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

nice, just tested it. woah 3 farms at once :D
                                        say... is it possible to add an option to robins shop that allows to move her buildings?

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, but I've already taken some flak for allowing buildings to be constructed in a single day. Some people want their game to be harder, some want it easier. When I have time I'll work on an option for the config that allows you to enable moving buildings.