Farm change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by desmondmiles, Jan 21, 2019.

1. desmondmiles

desmondmiles Space Hobo

I know that there are some who invest in time for a farm and it turns out that is not the type of farm they want. Like a player could invest hours on the Riverland farm and it turns out they really didn't like it and want it to be a Hill-Top farm.

It could be an quest with Robin after a certain amount of hearts and then from then on, to change to a type of farm, certain materials need to be gathered in order to change it.

ex: Wilderness Farm: xxx wood, xxx stone, xxx monster part, xxx monster part, xxx gold

Good idea or bad?

nekoCrimson likes this.
    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

i'd be game, though there is no way to make it not be odd to change the full topography of your farm :rofl:

• Gandalor 75

Gandalor 75 Star Wrangler

Maybe if it was something that could only happen if you allied yourself with Joja. Make it cost an obscene amount of gold and have it be part of the "community redevelopment program". Joja has the money and the lack of care for nature to be able to do things like that without batting an eye but in order to have some kind of downside for this it lowers everyone's heart levels by four or five because you basically just dissed the entire town. There could even be snarky remarks from people like Mayor Lewis, Pierre, and maybe George. They would call you sellout for a while or complain about you changing the valley to suit your needs instead of adapting to your environment. Linus could even get in on this if you wanted to be really through and lecture the player on the importance of nature and he would never have his heart level go up again until you erase his memory.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
        • Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

maybe some kind of editor where you can change it
          ... although i'd rather see that with some sort of farm editor, where one can create their own farm map, making it possible to create it, with the limits the regular ones have
          so if you make a riverland one, you cannot change the greenhouse and farmhouse and such, but can make own rivers and such
          and of course with ones like hill top and forest farm maps, you can only put a limited amount of tiles of quarry area and 8 big stumps that reappear every day

and if you change it, you can only use the original map's features
          riverland has a few more fish, if i recall correctly, forest has stumps, and on the grass there'll be mushrooms sometimes, hill top has a "mini quarry"

it'd be nice if we could do that with existing farms, but i'm not sure if that'll be doable, and then not only change the kind of farm, but also the shapes
          so IF it'd ever come, you'd get your suggestion
          i think it COULD somehow be possible if we'd be able to cahnge to another farm, and then with some editor place our existing stuff to the other
          and if you have too much, you can save the game before doing so, and put some stuff (like beehouses) back into the chest, and even delete stuff through that editor
          that editor would probably look somewhat like robin's "move building" system

however, due to the game probably not having enough space or such, i'm sure you'd have to do it all in 1 go, so NOT half the farm now, then play, and then the other half of the farm later
          not sure if possible, but would be nice
          no NPC would need to be involved, no money would be needed, so that we can focus on that feature by itself, taking less time and bug fixes for the devs

so yeah, i'd love to see it, so we'd be able to change our places as we wish, and can try all farm maps as we play
          it'd take a lot of work, and wouldn't be done in 1 try, as the devs would need to figure everything out, and make some sort of errors, telling you you are forgetting stuff, and if you are doing impossible stuff and such
          so IF they'd ever think about this, i'm sure it would be after 2020, cuz it's a huge change, i'm sure
          1 good point, though: the game is created in 2D and somewhat limited source/engine
          lets say "in a somewhat easier way", making bigger changes not as hard as many games which use more from an engine (look at 3D games)

here's at least some info about it:
          https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Stardew_Valley

• WilliamZ

WilliamZ Phantasmal Quasar

There are mods or your can manually edit your save file, but the last option won't will bring certain features to other maps (ex: if you have a regular farm and edit to a forest farm you won't will have the bushes).

For game purposes I think that we should be able to change our farm layout, since magic is a thing on this game, you could have a quest with the Wizard/Witch, but probably the most suitable ones for this are the Junimos.

Gandalor 75 likes this.