Fanfiction: Experiencing Freedom CHAPTER 47 is a go! (February 7th)

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by ApertureGaming011, Jun 16, 2016.

?

What type of calendar should I use for this fanfiction?

Poll closed Jul 12, 2016.
  1. Gregorian (January to December)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Stardew Standard (Spring-Winter)

10 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. ApertureGaming011

ApertureGaming011 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm... I mean when I'm done with one of my fanfics, I will make shorts about James's or Jane's adventures, a prequel about Krobus and the Dwarf in one of these pages.

• ApertureGaming011

Here's a sample of Chapter 35! I hope it's okay until I finish it up...

“The Five Legends of the Gem Sea? Well, this sounds interesting already. Thanks again, Willy.”

“Anytime, sailor! Good luck and fair seas!” Willy said, walking to Pelican Town. When James could comfirm that Willy was nowhere to be found, he opened the book. He saw the information of the fish he had caught before and many other fish that he had yet to catch, but knew about them before. As he flipped through the pages and was nearing the end of the book, he stumbled upon the final but unusual chapter: Chapter 12: The Five Legends of the Gem Sea

‘Huh? Is this what Willy was talking about?’ James asked himself as he flipped the page.

Page 256: The Stardew Crimsonfish
      Biological Name: Armorum Sanguinis
      The Crimsonfish used to be a common fauna that was caught for its delicacy approximately 2000 years ago until their numbers started to dwindle. They were thought to be extinct by biologists at 1843 until fishermen and tourists told rumors about a blood-red fish with extreme durability swimming around Stardew Valley. The Ferngill Marine Biology Society, of FMBS, confirmed its existence and is now placing bounties on the fish as they need more samples for research. According to the Society with their samples, they claim that they swim close to beaches at summer to search for mates and lay eggs. Their red scales act as a very durable armor; proven to be stronger than steel. These fish has been used by the Ancient Greeks and Spartans to make chestplates. The Ferngill Defense Order is also thinking about whether they can use their scales to build an alternative to Kevlar.

Page 258: The Freshwater Angler
      Biological name: Monstruosis Lucem
      Unlike its deep ocean dwelling bretheren, the Freshwater Angler have evolved throughout the years to swim to rivers to lay eggs at Autumn. It is not fully known why, although some members of the FMBS claim that it is so that Eels won’t eat up their eggs. However, one particular species of the Freshwater Angler is known to climb up mountain rivers to lay its eggs in Stardew Valley. Its extreme rarity makes them a fisherman’s dream of catching. However, fishermen or FMBS alike, their unusual defense mechanism makes catching difficult as their bulb as capable of generating extremely bright flashes to blind their prey or predators so that they can escape. It is still unknown how this Freshwater Angler can generate infinite numbers of a military-grade flashbang effect.

Page 260: The Glacierfish
      Biological name: Congelatum Habitas
      The Glacierfish is thought to be a mutation of a species of salmon that was unable to return to the sea. They might have evolved during the cold winters to adapt to its surroundings. They live inside deep, cold river caverns during Spring, Summer and Autumn and come out at Winter to feast on any small fish they can find and show their infants the outside world. The FMBS claim that these fish have some kind of rudimentary society like ravens. Their rarity has drawn the attention of local fishermen of Stardew Valley, especially William Drake, the leader of the Stardew Fishing Community. However, fishermen must be wary of the Glacierfish’s defense mechanism as its teeth along with its beard was known to puncture holes in metal plated fishing boats.

Page 262: Mutant Carp
      Biological name: Viridi Atrocitatem
      The carp around Gotoro Empire were showing signs of unusual mutations around the 1950s. The United Nations Environmental Programme have confirmed the correlations of the quantity of the mutated carp with the number of nuclear reactors active at the land and ordered the Empire to shut down all the reactors near the coast. However, the act was too late as the Mutant Carp has spread around the entire Gem Sea. The UNEP has decided to eradicate them by catching all of them so that they can’t disrupt the ecosystem of the area. It seemed to have succeeded in the eradication but a few of these unusual fish were sighted in the southern coasts of Ferngill Republic in 2004. Getting rid of these pests were proven difficult as there are so little. The FMBS claims that this fish has remarkable adaptability to any kind of environment and has survived disease and parasites thanks to its near to flawless immune systems. The society thinks that this carp might be useful in medical purposes. They seem to mostly live in inhospitable areas such as sewers.

Page 264: The Legend
      Biological name: Rex Invictissime
      Legends say that it has never been caught before, even today. Living in a lake in a mountain in Stardew Valley, they come out of their nests at rainy days of Spring to feast on eggs of frogs and even the Freshwater Anglers. As their sight is so rare, no photos of this fish exists even today. According to the artists’ expressions and witnesses, they have a green body with a golden crown-shaped fin on its head. Biologists hypothesize that this fin is responsible for the Legend’s unmatched agility and speed despite its mass. Although it seems passive, the fish becomes extremely aggressive once caught with a line. One fisherman in the name of Gordy Drake claims that the Legend shredded his fishing boat and his rod into pieces when attempted to catch it. The FMBS is now rewarding 5,000,000 Galleons to whoever can catch this illusive fish.

• ApertureGaming011

CHAPTER 35 FINALLY MAKES ITS PRESENCE! BE AWARE!

‘Come on, just one more fish…’ James thought as he impatiently waited for a bite of a fish. He was currently competing against Elliott Cromsworth, Pam Anderson and Willy Drake in the annual Ice Festival Fishing Competition. ‘Gotcha!’ He shouted in his mind as he pulled a fish from his fishing hole and threw it in his basket. Just then, a whistle was blown.

“Alright, contestants, Lower your rods! Time’s up!” Lewis shouted.

“Hey, Seb! ‘Lower you rods’. That’s what she said, get it?” Sam said, howling with laughter. Lewis glared at the blonde teenager with fire in his eyes. Sam’s laughter dissipated almost immediately. “Anyway, let’s count the fish! Contestants, bring your baskets!” he continued. The contestants complied and brought their baskets full of fish to the mayor. “Boy, that’s a lot of fish! Although it smells horrible…” James couldn’t listen due to how anxious he was. He was very competitive in events like these, even during pool sessions in the Stardrop Saloon.

The crowd bustles with voices as Lewis and Shane begrudgingly pulled out smelly fish to count them in each basket. James was talking to Willy and Elliott when Lewis commanded the crowd for silence. “It’s time to show the results! For the 4th place, it’s Elliott with 5 fish.” Elliott gave a sigh but Leah hugged him from the back, comforting him. “The third place is…. Pam with 7 fish!” Pam punched the air below her as she gritted her teeth. James gave a shrug, but his nervousness returned as he and Willy were the last remaining contestants. “..and the winner of the Ice Festival Fishing contest of 2019 goes to…” Lewis paused to add the intensity. “…Willy, with 12 fish!” Willy nodded with satisfaction as James cursed in his thoughts. “James, you have come close with 11 fish! It’s not bad!” Lewis assured. “Anyway, here’s your prize, Willy!” He said as Willy walked to the mayor to retrieve his prize. James gave a shrug to accept his defeat. “Anyway, thank you all for participating this year’s Ice Festival!” Lewis said. The crowd became loud again as people started moving around. James gave a sigh and walked to Lewis and Shane.

“Hello, Mr. Lewis. What’s up, Shane?” James greeted the two working on handling the fish.

“Why hello, James! Congratulations on second place! Is there anything you need?” Lewis asked.

“Nah, it’s nothing. No, really. I’m not jealous of my defeat or anything….” James paused to comprehend what he was saying. “Actually, nevermind. Should I help you on cleaning this place up?”

“Well, you don’t have to, but there is one thing that you can do so that we can kill two birds with one stone.” Lewis replied as he handed the young farmer with a basket with 11 fish inside. “It’s your catch. I want you to have it. Cheer up, farmer.” James accepted the basket and gave a smile of thanks. As he walked away from the two, Willy grabbed him by the shoulder.

“Ahoy there, son! I would like to congratulate you on second place! Nobody was able to defeat Pam in that position!”

“Yeah? Well, thanks. I’d better be going now, so…” James tried to walk away, but Willy gave him something: a book. “What’s this?”

“Here, I want you to have it!” Willy said with a smile. James took a look at the cover. ‘The Encyclopedia of the Aquatic Fauna of The Gem Sea’

“Well, I guess I can make use of this. Thanks, Willy.” James thanked him.

“Of course yer will, son! This book contains the stuff about all kinds’o fish in the Sea! Including the Five Legends of the Gem Sea!” Willy said.

“The Five Legends of the Gem Sea? Well, this sounds interesting already. Thanks again, Willy.”

“Anytime, sailor! Good luck and fair seas!” Willy said, walking to Pelican Town. When James could comfirm that Willy was nowhere to be found, he opened the book. He saw the information of the fish he had caught before and many other fish that he had yet to catch, but knew about them before. As he flipped through the pages and was nearing the end of the book, he stumbled upon the final but unusual chapter: Chapter 12: The Five Legends of the Gem Sea

‘Huh? Is this what Willy was talking about?’ James asked himself as he flipped the page.

Page 256: The Stardew Crimsonfish
        Biological Name: Armorum Sanguinis
        The Crimsonfish used to be a common fauna that was caught for its delicacy approximately 2000 years ago until their numbers started to dwindle. They were thought to be extinct by biologists at 1843 until fishermen and tourists told rumors about a blood-red fish with extreme durability swimming around Stardew Valley. The Ferngill Marine Biology Society, of FMBS, confirmed its existence and is now placing bounties on the fish as they need more samples for research. According to the Society with their samples, they claim that they swim close to beaches at summer to search for mates and lay eggs. Their red scales act as a very durable armor; proven to be stronger than steel. These fish has been used by the Ancient Greeks and Spartans to make chestplates. The Ferngill Defense Order is also thinking about whether they can use their scales to build an alternative to Kevlar.

Page 258: The Freshwater Angler
        Biological name: Monstruosis Lucem
        Unlike its deep ocean dwelling bretheren, the Freshwater Angler have evolved throughout the years to swim to rivers to lay eggs at Autumn. It is not fully known why, although some members of the FMBS claim that it is so that Eels won’t eat up their eggs. However, one particular species of the Freshwater Angler is known to climb up mountain rivers to lay its eggs in Stardew Valley. Its extreme rarity makes them a fisherman’s dream of catching. However, fishermen or FMBS alike, their unusual defense mechanism makes catching difficult as their bulb as capable of generating extremely bright flashes to blind their prey or predators so that they can escape. It is still unknown how this Freshwater Angler can generate infinite numbers of a military-grade flashbang effect.

Page 260: The Glacierfish
        Biological name: Congelatum Habitas
        The Glacierfish is thought to be a mutation of a species of salmon that was unable to return to the sea. They might have evolved during the cold winters to adapt to its surroundings. They live inside deep, cold river caverns during Spring, Summer and Autumn and come out at Winter to feast on any small fish they can find and show their infants the outside world. The FMBS claim that these fish have some kind of rudimentary society like ravens. Their rarity has drawn the attention of local fishermen of Stardew Valley, especially William Drake, the leader of the Stardew Fishing Community. However, fishermen must be wary of the Glacierfish’s defense mechanism as its teeth along with its beard was known to puncture holes in metal plated fishing boats.

Page 262: Mutant Carp
        Biological name: Viridi Atrocitatem
        The carp around Gotoro Empire were showing signs of unusual mutations around the 1950s. The United Nations Environmental Programme have confirmed the correlations of the quantity of the mutated carp with the number of nuclear reactors active at the land and ordered the Empire to shut down all the reactors near the coast. However, the act was too late as the Mutant Carp has spread around the entire Gem Sea. The UNEP has decided to eradicate them by catching all of them so that they can’t disrupt the ecosystem of the area. It seemed to have succeeded in the eradication but a few of these unusual fish were sighted in the southern coasts of Ferngill Republic in 2004. Getting rid of these pests were proven difficult as there are so little. The FMBS claims that this fish has remarkable adaptability to any kind of environment and has survived disease and parasites thanks to its near to flawless immune systems. The society thinks that this carp might be useful in medical purposes. They seem to mostly live in inhospitable areas such as sewers.

Page 264: The Legend
        Biological name: Rex Invictissime
        Legends say that it has never been caught before, even today. Living in a lake in a mountain in Stardew Valley, they come out of their nests at rainy days of Spring to feast on eggs of frogs and even the Freshwater Anglers. As their sight is so rare, no photos of this fish exists even today. According to the artists’ expressions and witnesses, they have a green body with a golden crown-shaped fin on its head. Biologists hypothesize that this fin is responsible for the Legend’s unmatched agility and speed despite its mass. Although it seems passive, the fish becomes extremely aggressive once caught with a line. One fisherman in the name of Gordy Drake claims that the Legend shredded his fishing boat and his rod into pieces when attempted to catch it. The FMBS is now rewarding 5,000,000 Galleons to whoever can catch this illusive fish.

‘Okay, now I’m REALLY interested.’ James said as he closed the book. He walked to where his friends were. Surprisingly, Alex was with the Teenager Trio. “Hey guys!” James called.

“Yo, what’s up bro?” Sam called out, giving him a high five.

“Nothing much. Just got a book from Willy from no reason.” James replied. Sam and Sebastian nodded in response.

“Congratulations for 2nd place!” Abigail said, embracing James. James chuckled as she released him. “Say, it’s strange that Alex is here trying to talk with us.” She whispered in his ear. James shrugged as he too didn’t know the reason. The five talked through the afternoon as people started to depart from Cindersap Forest. The conversation was briefly interrupted when Sam heard bolted from the gang to help Vincent who was crying on the icy floor. He had tripped and bruised his knee. Just as the gang started to disperse, Alex signaled James for a quiet conversation.

“What’ up, Alex?” James whispered.

“It’s nothing. I… uh…” Alex hesitated. James waited for an answer, turning his head very slightly to the left. “…I thought of seeing how things would change if I would hang out with you guys.”

“There you go. And what’s wrong with that?”

“We have nothing in common, except the fact that we two are into sports.”

“I see. Well, nothing to worry about. I’ll act as your ambassador. Just treat us the way you want to be treated and we’ll have an equivalent exchange. Anyway, how are you holding up with Haley?”

“Well, I’ve been trying to flirt with her. I don’t think she gets the point… yet.” Alex replied, scratching his head.

“I see. I think you’re doing a good job so far. Just be yourself, excluding your ego. Good luck out there.” James said patting his athletic friend’s back. He walked back to Cerulean Farm to check on his animals. Jade had already walked with Sebastian. Who knows what she is up to with him?

“…Camping?” James asked through the phone.

“Well, yeah. It’s what my one true love does during his birthday.” Sam replied through the speaker.

“Oh my god, Sam. Not this ‘one true love’ trash. Anyway, I think it’s a bit too ambitious. Where is it going to be?” James chuckled.

“Well, I have absolutely no idea.” Sam said. His voice became muffled as he called out Sebastian for the phone.

“It’s Sebastian. You need help in something?” Sebastian voice asked.

“Yeah. What time are you going to pick me and Jade up?” James asked, petting Fenrir as she walked to his lap.

“Well, it’s as usual. I’ll bring the tents. I need you for the food and the skewers. I have the pots so don’t worry. Oh, I’ll pick you guys up at six. Also, uh… Is it okay if Jade comes along?” Sebastian asked with nervousness clearly in his words.

“Seb, what’s wrong? Who’s going to tend the animals, then?” James asked.

“Well, it’s nothing. I want to uh… how do I explain this… Actually, I’ll text you the reason. For now, can you ask Marnie about this? Anyway, sorry for making you lag from your work. See you at 6 o’clock!” Sebastian said, ending the call. James gave a smirk. He knew the reason of why Sebastian was acting like this: He started to grow feelings for Jade. Just then, the Facebook Messenger rang. James’s hypothesis was right when Sebastian texted ‘I have feelings for Jade’. He unlocked his phone and started typing.

James Suh: Hah! I thought this day would come.

Sebastian Callahan: I didn’t expect someone who wanted to kill me be my crush.

James Suh: I get it. What do you need?

Sebastian Callahan: Just bring her to this camp. I don’t want my birthday to be a flop like what happened 2 years ago.

James Suh: I’ll not ask about that. Besides, I don’t think nagging Jade to your birthday party would be hard. She thinks you’re cute in the way you think. I think.

Sebastian Callahan: Well, better be going. I need to find where the hell I put my tents.

James Suh: k. See you in two hours.

James locked his phone. Fenrir was rolling around on his lap. “Uh, Fenrir? I need you to get off of me.”

But I like your lap! Where’s my daily dosage of belly-rubs? Fenrir protested.

“Ugh, fine. I need to get prepared for my friend’s birthday, though.” James surrendered, scratching the puppy’s belly.

What are you going to do? Is it Sebastian?

“You really like to read my mind, don’t you? Well, we’re going to the woods and stay there for about two days. I think you and Garfield would be happy with your midnight hunts!” James replied. Fenrir bolted up and hopped around in glee. Just then, Garfield climbed up the couch and glared at James with suspicion.

What’s with this commotion? Garfield signaled with a deep masculine voice.

“A camping party invitation by Jade’s… lover.” James reply.

Lover? Most interesting. Garfield scoffed as he twirled around to lie down. James gave a shrug as he stood up and get to work on this camp.

‘…All bags for the clothes and skewers are a go. Now to see if Jade’s ready for the meat.’ James thought as he confirmed his flawless packing. He walked out of his room in anticipations of Jade’s diligence. He could imagine Jade taking out meat from the freezer and placing it in the icebox… but was instead snoring loudly on the couch. James gave a sigh and called in Garfield and Fenrir. Fenrir bolted from her master’s bed but Garfield slugged his way to him. “Okay guys. Why don’t we wake her up? I’ll give you guys these!” James asked, holding two pieces of smoked duck breasts in his right hand. Garfield and Fenrir’s eyes widened by the delicacy.

What a bribe. Very well, I shall do that. Garfield complied, climbing on the couch. Fenrir jumped over the backrest and pounded on Jade’s stomach while Garfield scratched her face.

“Ow! OW! Fenrir? What the hell are you doing? Garfield, get her off of me… OW! ET TU, BRUTUS… I mean, GARFIELD?! Okay, fine! I’ll get up!” Jade screamed, getting up while shaking her cat off of her face. The two Feral Deceivers ran back to James awaiting their treat. Laughing, James threw the two pieces of meat and they were instantly consumed. “James, was that necessary?” Jade annoyingly asked.

“They’re going to come pick us up in ten minutes, Jade. You have 600 seconds to pack all the meat and vegetables.” James said, tapping his foot. Jade, hearing this, she bolted from the couch and started to rummage through the refrigerator. Just as she was stocking the icebox, the doorbell rang. James opened the door to find the Sebastian wearing a motorcycle helmet leaning on the doorframe. “What’s up, Seb?” James greeted him. Sebastian, however, was just peeking over him at to Jade. “She’s packing the meat, if you’re wondering.”

“Oh, yeah. Thanks for telling me.” Sebastian replied. His face turned ruddy as he continuously stared at the brown haired green eyed girl. James had never seen his raven-haired friend act like this. He would normally give a grunt and grudgingly comply, but this was different. Seeing that it was extremely cold outside, James decided to alter Sebastian’s attention.

“Hey, Seb. It’s freezing inside. Wanna come in?” James asked.

“Sure.” Sebastian complied as he entered the house. James fought the gust as he closed the door. He escorted Sebastian to his couch as Jade was still packing the food. “You’re here pretty early.” James said.

“Well, the path seemed to have been in my favor today.” Sebastian replied. James nodded as his friend rummaged through his pocket for his phone.

“What are you looking at?”

“Ah, it’s nothing.” Sebastian lied.

“Don’t lie in front of my face, Seb. Whose pictures are you looking at?” James asked with a jokingly threatening voice.

“I’m not looking at pictures! It’s my Snapchat!” Sebastian argued. James knew this fabrication. He knew that Sebastian doesn’t have the application. Grinning, James attempted to grab the phone from Sebastian. Despite his efforts, Sebastian’s strength was no match for the machinery of his farmer friend. Blushing, Sebastian awaited the demise and embarrassment that would follow. James gave a chuckle.

“So, you really do like her.” James said as quietly as possible so only Sebastian could listen. Sebastian, now in a fetal position, nodded. “Hey, there’s nothing to worry about. Keep your chin up.” He said as he patted his back.

“What do you mean? You’re gonna tell me dating advices?” Sebastian asked with a muffled voice.

“You do remember that I, a defected supersoldier who was stolen from social life, have absolutely no idea how to speak to people, right? To be honest, Abigail’s confession was all luck. I had to lie to you guys until Jade’s arrival.” James replied. He gave a sigh and continued. “Anyway, If I find this correct, Jade was continuously talking about you for the past week. I’ve seen you two going places alone during our Saloon nights, making my skirmishes against Sam VERY boring. What does that mean, you ask? She likes you. You like her. The pieces match like a space station’s docking ports! It’s your chance, Seb! Do you have anything to give her? Like… a bouquet?”

“Here…” Sebastian replied, pointing at his green bag. James could clearly see flowers poking out from the zipper. James gave a nod.

“You’re all set. Jade seems to have finished with the packing. We’re ready. Fenrir?” James called out. Fenrir immediately showed her presence out of nowhere. “We’re ready to go.” He said to Sebastian.

“Alright, then.” Sebastian replied as he walked out of the house. James and Jade followed with their bags with Fenrir and Garfield on their masters’ shoulders. The two saw the raven-haired boy’s blue motorcycle. It was a Harley Davidson that was probably twenty years in age. “It was my real dad’s most valued treasure.” Sebastian explained as he turned the engine on.

“Oh yeah, we’re three people and that bike looks like it can only hold two…” Jade pointed out. Sebastian, realizing this, slapped his helmet visor.

“I’m so stupid…” He said to himself. Just then, James thought of an idea.

“Seb, you and Jade take the bike. I don’t need it.”

“What?! How are you going to get to the place?” Sebastian asked in disbelief.

“Hey, you know me. I always find a way.” James replied, turning his eyes to Fenrir. “Just tell me where it is, and I’ll be there in a jiffy.”

“Ugh, you’re so mysterious, farmer.” Sebastian grunted. “Anyway, it’s near a cliff where we can see Zuzu and Prometheus. Take the tunnel that leads to Zuzu and go northeast. It will take about an hour with this bike. If you’re planning on going there on foot, you’re the craziest bastard that I know.” He explained.

“I can handle that. In fact, I’m the one who ran 103 kilometers from my base to Comberth.”

“..And how long did it take you?” James hesitated by the question.

“…four hours.” James said, blushing with defeat.

“See? Anyway, as you’re nagging that you can do it, I’m counting on you. I’ll give you 300 Galleons if you come earlier than us.” Sebastian said as he escorted Jade to the back of his bike. He revved his engine as he drove for the road tunnel, waving to James. Seeing that the two were gone from sight, Fenrir jumped to the snowy soil.

“Did you hear where you have to go?” James asked.

Oh, I know the land like nobody else. I know exactly where they’re going. Fenrir signaled. Do you plan to ride on my back? James nodded in response. I havent’ had anything heavier than a fellow Feral Deceiver for at least 2000 years. Well, I’ll see what I can do. Fenrir signaled as she transformed into her monstrous form. James gave a smile as he mounted Fenrir. Hold tight. It’s going to be windy. She said as she bolted for the woods. Everything was blurry due to how fast James’s dog was. He felt fear as he heard loud swoops of trees that Fenrir ran past. The wind slapped James’s face, partially blinding him. The full moon was rising from the east from the mountain as if it was the sunlight that shone whenever a missile hatched slid open. The shrubby mountains of the background moved slowly to the back of the two as if they were looking at a wallpaper on a escalator. As Fenrir swiveled left and right avoiding trees, boulders and pits that James could not see, the farmer started to see light glimmering from the horizon like candles from afar. It was Zuzu City. James looked to the east to find a smaller glimmer of light. Prometheus City. As Fenrir ran towards their destination, The lights of Zuzu started to separate and the lights of Prometheus started to glimmer more largely. Fenrir slowed down. She was almost at the destination as she slowed from a leaping sprint to a fast walk. James could clearly see the tall buildings of Zuzu. He hadn’t seen such view for four months, with the last time seeing it at Comberth. Prometheus was dimmer than its counterpart, but its buildings seemed taller than the ones in Zuzu. In fact, Prometheus was a large commercial city and the second largest in Ferngill Republic. Zuzu was just a manufacturing city filled with vehicle construction offices.

‘They’re probably producing military vehicles now…’ James thought with dread. It was so painful to see the black smoke emitting from the funnels taller than most skyscrapers. Just as James was finished with mesmerizing the view, he focused on his surroundings to find two tents with a fire glowing in the center of a circle of rocks. “Okay, Fenrir. It’s here. Turn back to your adorable form.” He said as he dismounted his Feral Deciever. Fenrir twitched as she shrank back into her adorable state. She jumped into his jacket pocket as her master walked toward the tents to find Sam and Abigail unzipping their tents.

“James?” Sam asked.

“Yup, that’s me.” James replied as he checked his watch. He had departed at 6:03 PM and it was now 6:42PM. It took Fenrir 38 hours and 24 seconds to reach from Cerulean Farm to the cliff of Zuzu and Prometheus. Abigail gave a smile as she tackled her boyfriend. Laughing, James embraced her back. It felt like about ten minutes had passed when the couple heard some kind of muffled motor.

“Where’s Sebastian and Jade?” Abigail asked as she released James. Looking at where the path lead, James saw a single glimmering light becoming larger. He knew what it was.

“I think that’s them over there.” James said , pointing at the light. As seconds passed, the blue paint of the motorcycle became more visible. The gang could see the purple helmet of Sebastian and the brown hair of Jade as the motorcycle approached more closer. The bike stopped in front of James as Sebastian stepped on the brakes. Sebastian helped Jade dismount the bike as she blushed by his hand. Sebastian took off his helmet to reveal his flabbergasted face.

“How the hell…? James? How did you get here so fast?” Sebastian asked the farmer, who was smirking.

“I told you, Seb. I have my own ways.” James replied, scratching his left arm with his cybernetics.

“You’re really strange. Like really.” Sebastian said as he reached for his wallet. He took out 300 Galleons and handed it to James, only to be refused.

“I only do this for sport, not for money.” James said coolly. “Alright, now tell me how your birthday is celebrated.“Sebastian nodded as he started to work on the party. Jade was awfully close to him.

As time passed like a flowing river, the food consumed, the birthday song sang with Sam playing the guitar, the moon was now higher in the night sky. James checked his watch as Abigail snuggled on his shoulder to share the warmth in the cold night. Sam was texting someone through his phone, occasionally wiping some snow off of it. ‘Probably Penny.’ James thought. He took a look at Sebastian. He seemed to be staring at the fire, but something was wrong. After a closer and thorough inspection, James found out that he was actually staring at Jade at the other side of the fire, who was actually staring at the warm fire. The raven-haired boy turned his glare at the farmer as it he was trying to ask a question. James thought of something. He remembered that he was training how to touch the minds of other people from Linus and Rasmodius. It was a painful experience as he had to concentrate his entire energy to his mind and reach out to the target’s mind. If he could do it with Fenrir and Garfield, why not to humans? No, they were Feral Deceivers. Their means of communication with foreign species was to touch their minds. If James could successfully touch the mind of Sebastian, he speculated that a telepathic communication may be possible. Concluding with his answer, James concentrated with all his strength. ‘Sebastian?’ He signaled. No response. James tried again, with more power through his mind. Still no response. Giving a sigh, he gave tension to his mind to the point of utter pain. Suddenly, Sebastian’s eyes widened.

“Y…yeah?” he said. James was surprised. It worked. Focusing, he returned to tap his friend’s mind.

You seem very interested in her. Just think what you’re going to say.

Are you doing what I’m thinking what you’re doing? Sebastian asked.

You bet. You knew I was training with the wizard. James replied. He was sweating drastically at this point. Now’s the time to confess. I think she’s waiting for you to do it. Suddenly, Sebastian approached him and leaned to his ear.

“Help me!” Sebastian whispered. James, however, shook his head.

“I’m not going to be some kind of third wheel. Now get back so that Jade won’t be suspicious and I can practice this mind-tapping.” James hissed back. Grunting, Sebastian sat back on his log.

Why not if I take her to a ride to a more secluded place? Sebastian asked.

Good idea. Good luck. James replied. He released his magic from Sebastian’s mind. He gave a loud gasp as sweat flooded from his body. Abigail bolted up to check if her boyfriend was okay.

“Robo-baby! Are you okay?” Abigail asked worriedly. James gave a few painful coughs until he held out his hand, signaling that he was okay. He focused and took a look at Sebastian. He had stood up and nervously approached Jade.

“Uh… Jade, I… want to show you something…” Sebastian said, taking a glance at his motorcycle.

“Sure!” Jade replied. Sebastian blushed at her response as he took her hand and escorted her to his vehicle. He took his helmet and surprisingly, gave it to her. Abigail and Sam got startled by the engine rev as the bike lurched towards the woods.

“Where the hell is Sebastian going?!” Sam exclaimed. James and Abigail gave a shrug. He took a glance at Fenrir.

Want me to go what they’re up to? Fenrir asked.

“Sure. Let me ride you.” James replied quietly, walking into the thick forest where his raven-haired friend drove to. When the campfire was invisible, Fenrir leapt from James’s pocket and transformed into her monstrous self. James mounted her as she bolted forward, following the trail that the bike left behind.

James and puppy Fenrir slowly and silently crept to where the bike was parked. They saw Sebastian and Jade walking to the edge of a cliff. The skyscrapers and the lights of Zuzu was the first thing that captivated his eyes. He looked towards the east to find the glimmering lights of Prometheus City. The moon was high on the east. It was 9 o’clock at night. Just then, James witnessed Sebastian and Jade stopping from their tracks. The farmer crept a bit closer to a large log. He peeked as he heard a conversation commence between the two.

“That’s Zuzu and Prometheus City over there.” Sebastian said, pointing at the two cities. Although not visible, James could clearly see through instinct that Jade was mesmerized by the view. He was sure that it was the first time in a decade. “So, what do you think?” The raven-haired boy asked.

“It’s… so beautiful…” Jade replied. Sebastian turned around and pulled out a packet of cigarettes. James frowned by the sight of the drug, but decided not to interfere with the drama taking place. Just as Sebastian was about to pull out a cigarette, he paused and took a glance at Jade, who too was looking at him. Sebastian gave a nod as he threw the packet to the void where the cliff ended. James gave a approving nod.

“…They were right. These things do nothing more than harm. I… should stop smoking.” Sebastian said to himself.

“I know you can do it, Seb.” Jade assured, patting his back. Sebastian blushed by her words and contact. In return, Jade’s face also turned ruddy.

“The cities used to call me to them. I was consumed by the opportunities that I could have, but… I… uh…” Jade patiently waited. “…feel better in my home. You know, the Valley.” Sebastian concluded. James once again tapped his mind, but didn’t say anything. He saw through Sebastian’s hazy mind that he felt ready for the moment of truth. Outside of his mind, James saw something colorful hidden behind his hooded jacket; the bouquet. “…Jade?” Sebastian asked.

“Yeah?” Jade asked.

“…You know, we’ve been friends ever since you first came here at summer. You thought I was cute despite…. Trying to kill us, remember?”

“Yeah, why?”

“I uh… never expected to have something grow on me. Really, this is the first time.” James left Sebastian’s mind and tapped into the mind of Jade.

Oh my god, does he like me? Is this some sort of date? Jade’s mind asked herself. James tried his best to not interfere.

“I don’t usually bring girls to this place. In fact, you’re the only one.” Sebastian said, slowly approaching the brown-haired girl. “You know what I’m trying to get to, right?” He concluded as he was just three centimeters away from Jade. He took her chin and touched her lips with his index finger, and slowly replaced it with his own, arms around her waist. Jade, screaming with joy in her mind, wrapped her arms around his neck as she pushed her own lips to his. James gave a big smile. He had finally helped Jade experience what Freedom could do: Love. A forever seemed to have passed as the two released their lips and rested their foreheads onto each other.

“I’m so happy, Sebby.” Jade whimpered. Sebastian, knowing that it was now time, pulled the bouquet out of his jacket.

“Does that mean it’s day 1 from today?” Sebastian asked. Jade, with her jaws dropped, accepted the bouquet and kissed him deeply once again with the moon shining for them. James gave a sigh of satisfaction as he walked away from the cliff and back to where Abigail and Sam were wondering of the three’s whereabouts.

I'm not good at making romance things. I'm sorry if this is too sugary for some of you guys. Anyway, school started week ago and I'm doing my best to catch up with the other guys. I've started later because of the plane ticket complications. Luckily, I will put my best efforts in my two fanfics and my illustration page.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
          Gabaw likes this.
        • ApertureGaming011

CHAPTER 36 IS FINALLY OUT! I'M SORRY, HQ. THEY'VE OVERRUN US!

“So, are you ready for today’s chores?” James asked as he gulped down his hash browns. Jade nodded in response. “By that I didn’t mean your daily date with Seb.” James jokingly added.

“Go away, James. You’re not the only one here who’s taken.” Jade replied, flipping him off. James laughed in response as he turned on the TV.

“…The US-Ferngill joint naval fleet has failed to search for the Deathly Fleet for the past few weeks. Despite splitting the massive fleet into three divisions to patrol around the Gem Sea, the coalition still couldn’t find a trace of the illusive fleet. However, the 12th US European Fleet has reportedly lost contact four hours ago, only to find smoldering and sinking ships of the said ships when search parties arrived at the location. The USS Gerald R Ford Supercarrier was one of the victims of the Deathly Fleet’s assault.” The news reporter said. James gave a sigh as he threw a bottle of salt at the TV’s power button to turn it off, but spilled the white powder all across the room.

“I’ll clean that up later.” James said as he cut a slice of his egg. Things weren’t looking good for this war. The Gotoro Empire was doing an excellent job in driving back the Ferngill-UN Coalition. After finishing his breakfast, he and Jade put their plates in the sink and went outside to tend the animals.

“Did we receive any mail?” James asked as he hauled a wheelbarrow full of logs to the porch.

“I think so.” Jade replied, pointing at the mailbox. James placed down his wheelbarrow as he walked to the said mailbox to see what was inside. Inside were two envelopes. James checked the whitest one, which was from Lewis.

Dear James:

Tomorrow is the day that everyone loves: The Feast of the Winter Star! It is the day where everyone forgets their woes and dreads to be happy about their accomplishments throughout the year and enjoy sharing gifts with their loved ones while feasting on the delicious food that will be prepared! Speaking of gifts, we add a little twist. We give a gift to our secret friend that the community randomly chooses. In your case, you are to be the Secret Santa of: Sebastian Callahan! I hope you get him something that he dearly loves. It’s kind of like Christmas back at the other countries, don’t you think?

Anyway, the festival will start tomorrow at 9AM and will probably end at 9:00PM! Both lunch and dinner will be served! I hope to see you soon!

-Lewis McLengst, 24th of Winter, 2019

James took a quick look on his phone to find that the letter was sent yesterday. Thus, the Feast of the Winter Star along with Christmas is today. ‘OH SNAP!’ James thought as he took the second letter from the mailbox and rushed into his house. “Jade?! Get dressed! It’s the Feast of the Winter Star today!” James called out as he waved the envelope. Jade walked out from her room. She was still in her winter work clothes of a thick green jacket.

“Really?” Jade asked. James nodded as he handed her the envelope. Jade opened it and gave a nod. “Okay, I’ll call you when I’m ready.”

“Normally, whenever women say that, they take centuries. That’s what I learned at the internet!” James jokingly claimed.

“Shut up.” Jade flipped him off as she entered her room once again. James could hear movements of wrapping papers and ribbons.

‘I should get that done, too.’ James thought as he walked into his own room and got to work on wrapping his present for Sebastian. About 12 minutes has passed when James and Jade exited their rooms with wrapped presents on their hands. “I suppose you’re ready.” James said. Jade nodded in response. “Great, then. Let’s go. It’s already 8:42 AM.” He added as he escorted Jade out of the house and eventually out of Cerulean Farm for the 10 minute trek toward Pelican Town.

The town had already been decorated by the townspeople. There were candy canes that seemed to replace the streetlamps and all the houses were decorated with green and red ribbons. Every door had mistletoes attached to them. The square was clean of snow and there was a single large decorated pine tree on the center. Long tables surrounded the tree with about ten chairs in each of them. The weather was clear as crystal, by the way. Fresh aroma whiffed from the Stardrop Saloon, signaling that Gus and Emily were working full time to prepare the meals for the Feast. The aroma seemed to disarm James as he loved the smell. He could finally focus to reality thanks to Jade’s slap on his head. Despite the preparations made, not many people seemed to have arrived here. James took Jade to a table and made her sit on one of the chairs. After that, he decided to talk to Lewis about this festival that sounds and feel so much like Christmas. “Hello, Mr. Lewis. The place already looks friendly!” James started the conversation.

“Yes it is, James! I’m glad you’ve received my letter about this year’s feast!” Lewis replied.

“I see. I understand that this would be a massive feast, but…” James paused to take a look around the place. “…Where’s the food?”

“Oh, Gus and Emily are working in the Saloon at full swing! Looks like the townspeople are coming in at full swing.” Lewis replied, taking a look at the tables. Two of them were filled with people. The families of Sebastian and Sam were already taking their seats with presents on the tables.

“Well, I should be going. Are these tables usually reserved for families only?” James asked, seeing that there were a few small tables with four seats each. He realized that him, Elliott, Leah and Willy were the only ones without families. He gave a heavy sigh. Oh, how me missed his family who were now looking down from the heavens.

“James, are you okay? Is there something wrong?” Lewis asked, noticing James’s sadness.

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“Oh, well, the tables are for everybody, family or not. Don’t be so sad about it. Say, where does your family live?”

“My family? Don’t you remember what I’ve told all of you at the end of summer? They’re all dead. I’m the last of my family.” James said, wiping a tear from his eye.

“Oh, dear. I… I’m sorry to hear that. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this festival. It’s time to celebrate what we’ve accomplished over this year.” Lewis assured, patting the farmer’s shoulder. James gave an assuring smile before taking a seat on one of the long tables. It was empty, making it perfect for James to fall into deep thought. He decided to leave that aside for another day as he saw Jade sit on a chair at the other side. That was the apparent purpose of the Feast of the Winter Star, after all. Let the worries move aside and let joy flow in our hearts. Just as he looked around his surroundings once again, three groups of familiar figures sat close to him. They were the Callahan, Berneau and the Arvidel families.

“Hello, James! It’s nice to see you here!” Jodi remarked.

“Yeah? Well, this festival already looks good. Thank you, Mrs. Arvidel.” James replied. Jodi gave a chuckle as she sat at a seat not far from Jade. His left seat was occupied by Sam and his right by Abigail.

“Hi, James!” Abigail cheerfully said.

“Oh, hey, Abby. How’ve you been?” James asked.

“Not much, just missed you and wrapped my present for my person.” Abigail replied, placing her present box down on the table. James nodded at the sight. “Who’s yours?”

“Are we supposed to NOT say about who it is?” James asked.

“Come on, Robo-baby! I’m you one and only! Tell me!” Abigail begged with disarming eyes. James felt his heart melt, but he hardened it and refused. “Fine!” Abigail pouted as she acted like she was crying. James gave a laugh and turned back to Jade who was flirting with Sebastian who was sitting next to her. He checked the time to find out that it was 10:00 AM. The aroma of the incoming lunch made the two farmers regret eating breakfast. James pulled out his phone and started texting Jade.

James Suh: Jade, I thing the complete breakfast was a baaaaad idea.

Jade Verdenwood: Why?

James Suh: The smell is too good for reality, that’s what.

Jade Verdenwood: It was your idea.

James Suh: Well, I would have not prepared breakfast if YOU stopped whining about your hunger!

Jade Verdenwood: It’s YOU who forgot that today was Christmas!

James Suh: It’s the Feast of the Winter Star.

Jade Verdenwood: It’s the same damn day!

The fight was interrupted by Abigail peeking at her boyfriend’s phone. “What’cha doing?” She cheerfully asked.

“Regretting eating breakfast with Jade.” James replied. Abigail giggled in response.

A few hours has passed followed with massive amounts of chatter with the families. Gus and Emily placed down plates and bowls of the most delicious food of planet Earth on the tables. The food mostly consisted of roasted turkey, jugs of eggnog, seafood paellas, fish soup, candy canes, cookies, potato salad and mounds of T-bone steak. All the food was too much for James to handle in the sense of quantity, deliciousness and aroma. He mostly took the T-bone steak and the seafood paella as they were the things that he couldn’t properly eat. In fact, this was the first time he celebrated something like Christmas, so he wanted to make the best of it. Abigail sometimes begged him to share the plate, only to make him jokingly add just one spoon of paella. He gave a chuckle as he gave her more after she gave him a disarming pout. When lunch seemed to have ended, everybody gathered around the tree at the Town Square by Lewis’s calling. “Now, friends! It’s time we share our gifts as somebody’s Secret Santas! I hope you all wrapped gifts for each other!” Lewis shouted. Everybody including James held out their wrapped present boxes with large smiles. Vincent and Jas were hopping about with glee, unable to wait their gifts. “Alright! Let us place them down on the tree!” Lewis added. The crowd complied as they placed boxes of numerous sizes and shapes below the tree. James’s one seemed to be the largest in length and weight.

“What now?” James asked Sebastian.

“We now find out Secret Santa along with the guy you’re supposed to give your gift to.” Sebastian replied.

“Interesting. Who’s your receiver?”

“Ugh, you don’t want to know. But since you seem like you’re whining about it…”

“When did I whine?” James asked.

“Nah, I’m just kidding. I have to give Marnie something, so I decided that Amaranth from your farm was a good choice.” Sebastian concluded.

“Wait, since when did I give you amaranth?” James asked. He had no memory of giving any of his farm products to his raven-haired friend other than cauliflower. Suddenly, something clicked in his mind. He remembered that Sebastian was ordered by Robin to retrieve some Cerulean Farm produces where amaranth was included. “Oh, I think I remember that.” James added.

“Exactly. Who’s yours, anyway?” Sebastian asked. Grinning, James reached for his wrapped box and offered it to Sebastian. “…Really?!”

“You’re damn right I am your Secret Santa. Open it up.” James replied as he saw that everyone else was opening their gifts. Sebastian complied as he took the box. He nearly fell due to the sheer weight of it.

“God damnit, James! What did you put in there? A rocket launcher?”

“Something close.” James replied. “You can unwrap it on the ground. No one’s stopping you.” Sebastian nodded as he tore the wrapping paper along with the ribbon. His jaw dropped when he opened the box to reveal a double-bladed sword with the familiar orchid luster. This was the sword that James and Clint forged just before Jade’s attack at the end of Summer. “I entrust you with this. It was a good sword, you know.” James added as Sebastian held up the sword as he stood up. He planted it on the ground and embraced his farmer friend as tightly as possible.

“I can’t believe it, bro. I just… I can’t.” Sebastian said. He released James and held the sword once again. “…But how are you going to fight in the mines when we go with the gang again? Are you just going to use your firearms?” He asked. James gave a smirk. He knew that Sebastian would ask this. He removed the empty hilt of his Galaxy Sword from his belt and showed it to the raven-haired boy. “What’s that supposed to be? A dagger?” Sebastian asked in disbelief. Just then, James pressed the button, igniting the sword. Dark purple plasma burned through the electromagnetic fields that shaped the blade. “Holy cow, man. I don’t understand the way you live.”

“You don’t have to. I wonder who my Secret Santa is…” James wondered as he looked around. He then saw Abigail with her eyes fixed onto the Galaxy Sword, holding a wrapped box. Her Secret Santa was Shane and he apparently gave her a box of microwavable pizza. Her jaw was dropped, which James found obvious. He deactivated the Galaxy Sword and placed it back on his belt. “…Hey, Abby.” James greeted his girlfriend.

“...Was that a lightsaber?” Abigail asked, approaching him.

“Well, technically.” James replied. “Are you my Secret Santa?” he asked. Abigail nodded in response as she handed his the wrapped box. James carefully unwrapped the box to reveal something that was blurry in his memories. ‘Wait, I remember this… What was it…?’ He thought as he rummaged through the box filled with small boxes full of spices. Suddenly, it clicked on him. It was the curry spices for the majority of the Indian food. He loved such food before he was taken away by the Gotoro Army. He took the box and placed it down on a nearby table and embraced his girlfriend with shaky arms. Tears rolled down from his fleshy eye. “…Thank you so much. They used to be my favorite…” James whimpered, sobbing. He was so happy to finally remember what he loved as a child.

“Aw, don’t you be crying now.” Abigail replied, patting James’s back.

“No, it’s just that… my mom used to make mutton biryani every weekend when I was a child. Thank you so much.” James said, tears rolling down his eyes. Just seeing his gift made him miss his family even more. He leaned down to Abigail to give her a deep and long kiss.

It was 7: 00 PM when dinner was served to the Feast of the Winter Star. The meal prepared consisted of roasted turkey with marinated pork, salmon meals, baked potatoes, eggnog, all kinds of buttered bread, mutton curry (which James adored), chocolate cake and many more delicious entrées. James was feasting happily as he heard Willy tell him about the lore of this festival. “…they say that the brightest star radiates this Valley once every year on the same day, sonny! People from everywhere come to this place to see it! Some whippersnappers say that a stardrop comes down from that star if luck is in their side. Heh, I would eat my socks when I see that for myself! Anyway, thanks for listening to me rant about this, son!” Willy concluded his story.

“Hey, it was actually pretty interesting, Mr. Drake!” James assured genuinely. Willy gave a pat on his back and walked back to where he was. Just as James finished his second plate, he noticed a short stout man wearing a black tuxedo standing next to one of the tables at the eastern edge of the town square. The man seemed to be staring at the farmer and signaling him to come to him. James immediately knew who it was: Morris Padelaski.

“Hold on a second, Abby. I’ll be back.” James said as he left his seat. “Sam, don’t think about eating everything. I’ll eat you instead!” He jokingly added as he walked to the table where the man was sitting.

“Ah, James Suh. Take a seat. I have some things I wish to share with you.” Morris said, pointing at the chair in front of him. So many threats revolved around James’s head, but he pushed the negativity away and begrudgingly took the seat. “So, I’ve been looking forward to see you…”

“I don’t talk to corporate slaves.” James interrupted.

“Now now, there is no need to be rude.” Morris calmly added. “I’ve seen your contributions to this tiny valley. I find it… satisfactory.” James gave a glare of hatred. “Well, look at me. I’m just ranting about how much you’re doing to this petty community. Now, I know a way to make it even better.”

“Better? Sounds interesting and not interesting at all.”

“Oh, it is as if Yoba blessed you, 24… I mean, James. Listen. Do you know what this is?” Morris asked as he placed a plastic sky blue card. There was a orange streak on the middle along with the words ‘50% off!’ written on it.

“…’Joja Membership Card’?”James read out from the card.

“Indeed, James.” Morris said with an evil grin. “Now, that old hag Lewis is planning to sell that old and useless Community Center to the glorious Joja Corporation if one more of your community has this membership card.”

“Hrmph. Who else has this?” James asked. His hatred seemed to bubble up once again.

“Well, everyone has it except for Lewis and you. Stupid Pierre, saying that he hates the glorious Corporation, yet he still has it.” Morris replied, and then talked to himself. James knew that this was a fabrication. He remembered seeing a letter at the Berneaus’ dining table from Morris with the same blue plastic card taped on it.

“Nice memes, Morris. What now?”

“Well, take it! It’s yours… for a cost.”

“How much?”

“5000 Galleons. A reasonable price!” Morris said. James thought for a while. If he gave away the efforts he made for helping the Junimos in the Community Center, the entities would lose a place to dwell and the magic of this place would be lost forever. Also, he had four out of six stars filled up at the main hall of the building. As he thought for a longer period of time, James started to realize that something was wrong with Morris. Does he know something more than the other townspeople? With this question in mind, James made his decision. He placed his right hand and flicked the card back to Morris.

“Morris, I don’t even go to JojaMart. I find this card as useless as your social life.” James mocked as he stood up and walked back to his table to continue his meal. Morris’s face turned to disbelief.

“Well, 24, it’s always the good thing to think before you act.” Morris called out. The word 24 gave him tons of worries and disturbances to James as he ate the rest of the supper with his friends.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
            Gabaw likes this.
          • ApertureGaming011

I would like to say Happy Eid Mubarak to all of the members of this beautiful community! I'll try posting my very first bonus short about Eid! I can't wait to get my mutton biryani!

Gabaw likes this.
            • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

Morris can take that card and put it somewhere not to be mentioned on this forum lmao :rofl: James did the right thing. If Morris does know his past tho then he wouldn't mess with an armed cyborg unless he had other plans. We'll see how this turns out...

ApertureGaming011 likes this.
              • ApertureGaming011

THIS IS IT! ALL HANDS PREPARE FOR THE PROPOSED CHAPTER 37!

Dear James,

I am more than happy to see you and Abigail together with a bond that seems indestructible! However, I think I may have something that can strengthen that even more! That’s right: Marriage! As you have no idea how marriage works, let me explain.

Unlike most countries where two people engage into a marriage with a ring, we have something called the Mermaid’s Pendant. This is a necklace-like jewel shaped like a seashell. It’s blue in color and is made out of what I believe is a portion of a prismatic shard. Although expensive, everybody in the country knows what it means and lovers will surely accept it! The way it can be purchased Is mysterious to us in Stardew Valley, but I’ve heard that a merchant comes in a rainy and snowy day to sell the pendant.

This ancient ritual is special by letting lovers modify it themselves! I’m sure that you can find a interesting way to propose to your girlfriend.

Good luck!

-Lewis McLengst

James gave a sigh as he folded the letter and placed it on his desk. It was the 28th of Winter, the New Years Eve. In 15 hours, 2019 would be over. Thus, it will signal that an entire year has passed since he first arrived in the Valley coincidentally. He sat down on his bench to think about everything that happened to him throughout the year. First, Elliott rescued him from the beach after the Graceful Mercy was sunk by a submarine. Then, he was introduced to Cerulean Farm where he met Abigail for the first time. He became good friends with the Teenager Trio but tried to hide his true form. He tried to commit suicide after he was blackmailed by someone in the Gotoro Empire. He spent his spring being a coward until the end of summer, where he rescued his friends from Jade and revealed his true identity. Everybody accepted and loved who he was, fortunately. He started to feel freer and started to expose more of his body afterwards. He confessed to Abigail at her birthday and dated ever since. Although she nearly killed him at the 1st of Winter, James forgave her and she ended up taking his virginity away. The night was magical to him. After that, James helped Sebastian confess to Jade despite having no experience on their wheeling. Now, after giving to Sebastian his old iridium sword as his Secret Santa, mayor Lewis is now suggesting James to marry Abigail. He fell into deep thought until someone shook his shoulder. “James? Are you okay?” a feminine voice asked. James looked up to find that it was Abigail.

“Oh, yeah I’m fine.” James replied, looking around his surroundings. He found out that he was outside and sitting on the porch, not on his desk. He also found out that he wandered out of his house while thinking.

“The snow is so nice, don’t you think?” Abigail asked, sitting next to her boyfriend. James nodded in warmed his heart response as she rested her head on his robotic shoulder. “Wow, it’s so cold!” She squealed as she removed her head from it.

“You know you can sit on the other side.” James suggested. Abigail did as he said and rested her head on his left shoulder. Much better. James gave a kiss on her forehead and watched the background. The snow was starting to melt into droplets of water. The white powder that covered the trees were now starting to drip down onto the ground, signaling that the year is about to end. ‘The New Years Eve…’ James thought to himself as he took a glance at his girlfriend. Abigail’s purple hair was so silky to touch. Her emerald eyes melted his heart whenever they locked onto his eyes. Her heart was probably made of pure gold. Her loyalty to her lover was as strong as steel. Despite her being somewhat clingy to James, he didn’t mind, but rather liked it. Such properties made James make his decision.

‘I will propose to her tonight.’ James thought as he saw snow starting to fall from the skies. While Abigail hummed a tune that sounded familiar to him, he devised a plan. He would ask his girlfriend if she can spend the New Year’s night with him. After sending her away, he would rush to the beach where the Wizard told him that there was an old mariner that stood in between the woods to purchase the Mermaid’s Pendant. After that… ‘Damnit, what now? I don’t want this to be mundane!’ he scolded himself. Think. He had to think. Suddenly, something snapped in his head. Yes, that’s it! He would go to Leah to ask her to make a duplicate of the pendant with one of the two remaining prismatic shards he currently owns. One for Abigail and one for him… that’s a good idea. He’ll send Fenrir to scout around the Valley for the perfect place for the proposal. The plan seemed perfect. He would have fourteen hours to perfect this until the clock strikes 12 AM. ‘Enough dilly-dallying. Time to act.’ He thought as he took a deep breath. “Abby?” He asked.

“Yes, robo-baby?” Abigail asked, staring at him.

“You know that it’s the New Years Eve today, right?” Abigail nodded in response. “I… I don’t want to spend it alone. Do… uh… do you mind if you want to spend tonight with me? We can do whatever we want to celebrate!” James asked with nervousness in his heart.

“Really? I was about to ask that, too! My parents are now like… uh… in love with you or something ever since that incident! I’ll pack my clothes and see you here!” Abigail responded immediately. “What time should I come here?”

“Uh… I have some work to do, so… what about eight o’clock at night?”

“Sure!” Abigail replied as she sat up straight. She have James a tender kiss before she stood up and walked out of the farm.

‘Okay, it now time for action!’ James thought as he bolted up from the porch and into the house. Jade was still at the barn milking the cows. He looked around to find his puppy. Just as he called her name, Fenrir was already in front of him, waiting for his words. “Fenrir, do me favor and see if you can find a tall hill with a great view! I’ll pay you somehow!”

Sure! Fenrir replied as she dashed out of the house and ran westwards into the woods. Nodding, James made his next move. He ran out of the farm from the southern exit and made sure Abigail didn’t see him running towards the beach. He ran to where Rasmodius told him where the old mariner would be. When James arrived at the spot, he saw an old man wearing a straw hat and a blue ragged cardigan.

“Excuse me, are you the merchant that everybody talks about?” James asked.

“Arr, ye I am!” The man replied. James gave a nod, and opened his mouth, only to be interrupted. “I can see it in yer eyes, young man! You have someone deeply in yer heart! I happen to sell this ornament to help ye get to the next level, know what this old boy mean? Har har!” The man said.

“Yes, that’s why I’m here. Uh… May I ask how much it is?” James asked, opening his wallet.

“It’ll be 5000 Galleons, young man!” The man replied, holding out a shiny blue shell hanging from a necklace. Without hesitation, James pulled out the required money and handed it to the mariner. “It’s yours, young man. Good luck with it. No need to thank me, understood?” He said, handing the pendant to the farmer. James received it with his both hands.

“Yes, sir! Thank you!” James said as he bolted out of the beach. The Old Mariner gave a grin as he placed the money in his pocket.

“I know you will succeed, young man. The Prophecy is taking shape.” The mariner said to himself as he walked back into the woods while being encumbered with goods on his back.

Knock knock! James knocked on Leah’s cabin. No reponse. He could hear muffled feminine voices talking to something that didn’t seem to respond, and it sounded angry. He knocked again, but a little bit harder than before. Still no response. ‘Please don’t tell me that she’s gone…’ James thought to himself. Just as he prepared to knock again, the door swung open with Leah wearing an orange coat.

“Oh, hello James!” Leah said, face red due to the sheer cold. “Come in! You’re going to freeze out here!” She said as she dragged James into the cabin and shut the door tight. James looked around the cabin. The place smelled like spruce wood just like the last time he came here, but instead, there were numerous sculptures beside her bed. There use to be just one, but now there were twelve. As he looked around, a question sparked at James’s mind.

“Leah, uh… I heard something while I was knocking you door. May I ask wha…”

“Well, my dear. Who is it?” The voice of Elliott asked. Leah turned to her boyfriend.

“Oh, it’s James!” Leah responded.

“James? Oh, if it isn’t our great farmer! We welcome you in here!” Elliott said as he stood up from his chair and walked to James to shake his hand. James gladly accepted it.

“Good to see you two in a good pace.” James replied. He turned to Leah. “About your thing before I came in, may I ask what it was?” Leah’s smile dissipated as soon as she heard the question. James started to get worried. “Oh, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have asked a personal question…”

“No, it’s okay, James. It was my ex-boyfriend.” Leah interrupted, giving a sigh. “His name was Kel Padelaski.”

‘Padelaski?! Wait, could it…’ James thought to himself, but paused it when Leah continued talking.

“We lived in a small apartment together at Zuzu years ago. We worked in separate jobs and made just enough to scrape by. Kel tried to push me back to school to finish my university education.”

“What do you mean?”

“You know, he wanted me to become an ordinary woman. Things like PTMs, sticking around in the house all day… It’s so incomprehensible for someone who adores nature. Thus, we took different paths and I moved here at 2017. I remember him moving around, being in places like Arcadia, Gracefield and Prometheus.” Leah concluded. James took his time to comprehend the situation. “…What do you think? Was I selfish?” Leah asked. Thinking for a while, James opened his mouth.

“Leah, I may not be a relationship advisor, but you weren’t selfish. Your ex was being a complete idiot.” James replied.

“Whoa, that was harsh. But yeah, as I said before, we had different thoughts.” Just as Leah finished speaking, Elliott decided to butt in.

“James, my great apologies of interrupting such conversation, but would you kindly grant me the permission to question your presence here?” Elliott asked. James’s mind clicked.

“Oh, right!” James exclaimed, rummaging through his pockets. “Leah, I’m pretty sure you know what this is, right?” he asked as he pulled out the Mermaid’s Pendant from his pocket. Leah and Elliott both gave a gasp of utter surprise.

“James? You… you… Oh my god!” Leah stuttered her words.

“That’s right. I think it’s the right time to propose to Abigail. I want to make her New Year start with a bang. You know what I mean?” James asked.

“Of course, my friend!” Elliott remarked as he embraced James tightly. “We’re more than happy to know this upcoming news!”

“Yeah, we are!” Leah added. “Say, but what do we have to do with this?” James turned to her as her boyfriend released him. He pulled out something else from his other pocket: A prismatic shard. Leah gave a loud gasp. “Is… IS THAT THE PRISMATIC SHARD?!” Leah asked. James nodded in response.

“A Mermaid’s Pendant is made with this. This is the biggest one I’ve ever mined from the mountains.” James replied, holding the crystal to the sculptor. The shard was the size of a tablet. “I want you to make a replica of the Pendant, but with the orange part. Can you do it within eight o’clock at night?” James asked, looking at the clock hanging on the kitchen wall. It was 11:23 AM. “I’ll pay you however you wish. In fact, I’ll give you this shard. I’m sure you can make something else with the remains.” Leah, shaking due to shock, took the prismatic shard from the farmer and stared at his eyes. She could see determination flowing through the veins of his left eye, although all she could see in his right eye was cold alloy with a green iris.

“…Y… yes I can! I think I can do it! Give me… seven hours! Oh my god, I never knew these even existed!” Leah exclaimed as she ran for her hammer and chisel. She opened a drawer next to the fireplace and pulled out a magnifying glass. “I’ll get to work right away. Do you need anything else?”

“…Looks like you’ve been making a lot of sculptures over there. I’m sure that that one is made of copper?” James asked, pointing at the twelve sculptures next to Leah’s bed.

“Yes, I’ve been taking your advice to start an art exhibition at the town square at next year’s fourth of Spring. I’m already getting nervous despite Elliott’s moral support.” Leah replied.

“Well, I know that it will go well, Leah. Well, look at that! I need to go to Pierre for permission. It’s been an honor being with you guys. See you soon!” James said, heading for the door.

“Why, hello James! Are you going to prepare for next year’s seed… Whoa! What are you doing?!” Pierre exclaimed as James yanked the middle-aged man from the store counter.

“Pierre, is Abigail here?” James asked, sweat pouring from every orifice of his body except his cybernetics.

“Wh… why?”

“Just answer my question.”

“N… no. She’s gone to see Sebastian and Jade. Why?”

“Good. Is your wife here?” Just as James asked this question, Caroline came from the residential section.

“Pierre, we need more eggs… Oh my Yoba! James, what on earth are you doing?!” Caroline exclaimed.

“Ma’am, I have a question to ask you two, and it will determine our future. Are you with me?” James asked. Abigail’s parents, confused, nodded anyway. “Good. Can you take me inside, like… somewhere secluded?”

“…Follow me.” Pierre replied as he escorted the farmer into the master bedroom where the parents slept. Caroline followed inside. When the door was shut tightly, Pierre opened his mouth. “So, what is it that’s so important? This had better be worth my time.”

“Mr. Berneau, I want you to be the most honest man in the history of humanity. How has Abigail changed ever since we were together?” James asked.

“Well, her life made a significant change since you two confessed to each other. I’ve never seen her so happy and active ever since.” Caroline replied.

“Well, taking out the fact that she’s in the house less than before and became slightly more rebellious, I agree with her wife. We used to even take Abigail to Harvey for therapy before your arrival to the Valley.” Pierre added. James gave a nod. “…But what did that question have to do with you dragging us in here?” Suddenly, James fell to his knees, his hands on them and his head hanging low. Pierre and Caroline rushed to him to check if he was okay, but he opened his mouth just before they reached him.

“…I wish to make her more happy.” James simply said.

“Wh… what do you mean?” Caroline asked, confusion surrounding her.

“I wish to marry your daughter.” James replied.

“Wh… what did you say?” Pierre asked.

“I wish to marry your daughter!” James repeated, raising his voice. There was a long pause between the three. James didn’t move an inch while Pierre and Caroline stared at each other in shock.

“J… James?” Pierre asked. James still didn’t move a muscle. All he wished was the answer for his question. He didn’t bother tapping into either of their minds to see what the hell was going on.

“I wish to make her the happiest person in this very planet and cannot live a second without her! Please permit this marriage!” James said, ignoring Pierre’s calling. The two adults were flabbergasted. An hour has passed and James had still not moved an inch. Abigail’s parents bombarded him with question only to have them answered. With the final question answered, Caroline have a deep sigh and opened her mouth.

“James, I am amazed of how determined you are.” Caroline said. James raised his head to face her. “Very well. I shall accept. I was so thankful for you when you made Abigail a happy girl that we wished her to be.” Pierre, hearing this, gave a nod while rubbing his chin.

“I concur, Caroline. Should we tell Abigail about this?” Pierre asked. James shook his head.

“I wish for this to be a secret until midnight.” James replied.

“Alright, then. I’ll permit you to marry our daughter. Therefore, I permit her to take your last name.” Pierre concluded. James, hearing this, bolted up from his knees-down position.

“Thank you so much. I will not fail you. I will do whatever I can to make her happy.” James said as he gave a deep bow and left the room and eventually the General Store.

Knock knock! It was James’s door. Pausing his Playstation, James stood up from his couch and opened the door. It was Leah. “Hey, Leah. Is the pendant ready?” James asked.

“Yes, James. Here it is.” Leah replied, handing out a shiny orange pendant. James pulled out the blue one that he had bought and took the orange replica to compare. It looked exactly the same. There was the exact same radiance and lusture, along with the size.

“This is perfect. Thank you so much, Leah.” James said, embracing the young artist.

“You’re welcome. Wish you luck!” Leah said after he released her. She waved the farmer goodbye and ran towards the southern exit. Just as he saw Leah out of sight, James turned to the east entrance to find a purple figure wearing a backpack. He instantly knew who it was: Abigail Berneau. She had come earlier than anticipated.

‘Oh no, this wasn’t planned…’ James thought as he quickly hid the two pendants in his pocket as his girlfriend approached.

“Hi, James!” Abigail greeted him, waving her hand while giving a disarming smile.

“Hey, baby!” James replied, kneeling down to give a deep kiss. “Are you ready for the night? Thinking about it, you’ll be staying her for a year.” Abigail, getting the joke, giggled.

“I know! I’m already loving it! What’s for dinner?” Abigail asked as she walked into the house. Fenrir bolted up from the couch and ran to her master’s girlfriend. “Aw, thank you Fenrir!” she cooed as she rubbed the puppy’s belly. “Where’ Jade?”

“Jade’s going to spend the New Years with Seb’s family. Thus, we have the entire house for us.” James replied, blushing and giving a funny face. Abigail’s face started to heat up.

“Y… yeah. I think I know.” Abigail replied.

“In a meantime, go unpack your stuff in my room. I’ll plate our dinner and call you when I’m ready.” James said, pointing at his room. Abigail nodded as she walked into his room. Seeing that she was out of sight, James turned to Fenrir.

What now? Fenrir asked.

“Go wait outside and transform… actually, how long will it take to get there?” James asked.

It took me twenty minutes.

“Well, that’s good. At 11: 35, go outside and transform. We’ll initiate the plan then, okay?”

Alright. Fenrir replied as she sat beneath the dining table. James followed her to finalize the dinner of medium rare steak with buttered steam vegetables.

The clock struck 11: 30 when Fenrir bolted up and scratched the door. “Baby, can you protect me while I open the door for the dog?” James asked.

“Sure! I’ll go to that building as soon as possible!” Abigail replied, concentrating on the videogame. Her character rode a helicopter and landed on the building where her boyfriend’s character was. James stood up and opened the door for Fenrir to exit. When he took a glance at the window at the kitchen to find large fur appearing, James gave a nod. It was time to act.

“Abby, there is something I want to show you. Can you leave the server? And turn off the console?” James asked. Abigail, confused, obeyed as she switched off the Playstation and the TV.

“What is it?” Abigail asked as she stood up. However, James was already gone. “James?” Abigail called out as she exited the house. Just as she walked to the left of the firewood storage, she gave a shriek. She saw a colossal wolf-like monster with her boyfriend beside it. “JAMES WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!” Abigail screamed.

“It’s Fenrir. Don’t worry, she won’t bite.” James replied, giving a pat on Fenrir’s back.

“So, that’s Fenrir?” Abigail asked to confirm what she was seeing. Her boyfriend gave a nod of approval.

“Hop on, baby. There’s something I want to show you.” James said as he mounted the Feral Deceiver. “Come on!” He added. Abigail took a deep breath and followed him on the monster. “Alright, Fenrir! Let’s go!” he called out as Fenrir lurched forward and bolted westwards towards Cindersap Forest.

The journey was magical for Abigail as everything swooped past her with great speed. Fearing that she might fall off or hit a tree, she embraced her boyfriend’s waist as tightly as possible. James, sensing this, gave a smile of nervousness. The fear of rejection plagued his mind. ‘No, she will accept. I want to make her happy. I know I can do it.’ James reminded himself just as Fenrir slowed down to a walk.

We’re here. Fenrir said. James gave a pat on her neck as he helped Abigail dismount and followed her.

“Thanks, Fenrir. You may go hunt some beasts here. Come back her after midnight, okay?” James commanded. Fenrir gave a grunt of approval before bolting into the woods.

“James, this is so beautiful! I can see the entire Pelican Town from here!” Abigail remarked as she gazed at the view. The moon was almost at the middle of the night sky as mountains of various heights surrounded the area with dark green and white colors. The lights of Pelican Town glimmered at the bottom of the background along with the blackness of the beach visible right beside it. James escaped from the view when Abigail opened her mouth.

“…So why did you bring me here?”

“Abby, we need to talk about something… important.” Abigail frowned. “You know, our relationship has gone really far ever since your birthday. I’ve been thinking about this for quite some time since that incident, you know?”

“…What do you mean?” Abigail asked.

“Well, times have passed and our bonds grew stronger ever since.” James replied, giving a sigh. “Well, I think it’s time to reconstitute our relationship. I don’t think our current state is working out so well.”

“D… do you mean it’s over?” Abigail asked.

“I don’t know, but I don’t think it’s…” Abigail gave a slap on James’s face.

“YOU BASTARD!” Abigail screamed, tears welling up on her eyes. “I TRUSTED YOU! I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE ONE!”

“Wait, Abby!” James tried to explain, but she turned away from him. Suddenly, something unorthodox sparked in James’s mind. ‘Now might be the chance!’ he said as he pulled out the blue Mermaid’s Pendant and swiftly hung it on her neck as she tried to walk away from him. When she felt something, Abigail looked down. She froze on the spot. James, with his heart beating with the speed of a hypersonic bomber, swung her around and knelt down on one knee. He could see amazement on his girlfriend’s face. “Abby, by reconstitute, I mean make it even better. With the permission of your parents… Will you marry me?” James asked, blushing heavily. Suddenly, Abigail started to sob. She fell to her knees as she crashed into James. She broke down into tears.

“YES!” Abigail screamed.

“I can’t stand a second without your presence.” James replied, embracing his girlfriend tightly.

“Neither can I…” Abigail whimpered. James helped her stand to her feet.

“I love you, Abigail.” James said as he released her. He pulled out the orange pendant and handed it to Abigail. “Now, will you do me the honor to hang this on my neck?” Abigail nodded vigorously as she took the pendant and hung it onto her boyfriend’s neck with shaky hands. Suddenly, as she wiped her tears, her wobbly grin turned into a big smile. She started laughing, an eventually screamed in delight. “Whoa, what’s wrong?” James asked. However, Abigail’s mind seemed to be at the edge of this Universe.

“HEY!” Abigail shouted to the town below. “HEY! EVERYBODY OF STARDEW VALLEY! I WANT TO SAY… I WANT TO SAY THAT THIS HANDSOME MAN WITH CYBERNETICS IS MY KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR!!!”

“Whoa, steady there, horsey!” James said, laughing.

“How can I? You’ve made the happiest girl in the world the happiest in the universe!” Abigail squealed as she tacked her boyfriend to the grassy ground. “I’ll set everything up! Let’s have the wedding in three days, okay?”

“Whoa, THREE days?!” James exclaimed. Abigail nodded in reply, but James pressed his index finger on her lips. “Abby, you’re not going to prepare this. WE’RE going to prepare it.” Sound fair?”

“YES! WE’LL HAVE THE BEST WEDDING IN THE WORLD! OH MY GOD, I’M SO EXCITED!” Abigail screamed. Despite the ear-stinging volume, James gave a chuckle of happiness as tears started to roll from his eyes. “Aw, don’t be a crybaby!”

“I love you, Abigail. Happy New Year.” James said, massaging his girlfriend’s hair. It was midnight as he heard joyful screams of people screaming 'HAPPY NEW YEAR!' through their windows of Pelican Town below.

“I love you so much.” Abigail replied as she lowered herself to a tender kiss as moonlight and the stars shone just for them.

Whew, this chapter was the hardest I've ever written! I thought confession was hard to write until the proposal part! Thank you so much for you daily readers for staying with my characters! There will be a hell of the adventure during the three days of preparations!

PS- Special thanks to @Miss Alkane for giving me a suggestion about Leah's Pendant sculpting idea!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
                • ApertureGaming011

HALF A TEN THOUSAND?! Oh my god, this fanfic has gone REALLY far since June! Despite receiving almost no feedback, I wish to thank you ALL for reading my first test of my literature!

• ApertureGaming011

Hey, guys!

Some (or nobody, because of how unpopular my fanfic is compared to the others') might be wondering why this and The Signal is not being published. Basically, I have an SAT exam tomorrow and I have been preparing for it ever since. Once it is all done, I will devote my life to the two. To whoever is still kind to read these two, thank you so much for giving me the determination to go on.

• ApertureGaming011

CHAPTER 38? WHAT TOOK IT SO LONG, YOU MAY ASK, ADMIRAL?!

The dawn of 2020 has risen. The riding sun's radiance hit the naked bodies if James and Abigail, signaling the farmer that it is time to wake up. The room was now a lot warmer than yesterday as it was now Spring. As James tried to sit up to start his day, Abigail's hand grasped his cybernetic arm, locking him into place. "Stay here with me." Abigail said with a muffled voice.

"Abby, the cows are going to revolt! Didn't I tell you how Ganymede nearly stampeded me?" James replied with a chuckle.

"Let them riot. I want to smell your hair."

"Are you sure?" James asked as he took a strand of hair and gave it a sniff. "It smells like dirt!"

"I like it!" Abigial replied, fumbling with het Mermaid's Pendant. "Yoba, this pendant is so beautiful!"

"I know, right?" James responded as he took a glance at his orange pendant. Just then, Fenrir started scratching on the door.

James! I want out or Garfield and I will urinate on your rug! Fenrir's voice resonated in his mind.

"Abby, let's make a deal. I'll finish my chores and I'll come back here for cuddles. Is it a deal?" James asked. Abigail gave a pout of defeat as she gave a sigh.

"Deal." She said. "...but you better come quickly or you'll make this naughty girl bored!" She seductively added as she released her now fiancé to let him get dressed for work.

"Happy new year, Abby." James softly said as he kissed his fiancée's forehead and opened the room door and eventually, the house door.

James was clearing out the now dry farmland of scattered wood and grass when he saw a group of people walking towards his house. Curious, James stopped what he was doing to walk over yo the figures to reveal that they were his greatest friends: Alex, Sam, Sebastian, Leah and Elliott. "Uh... Hey, guys?" James quietly called. Their responses were immediate. "CONGRATULATIONS!" His friends shouted as Leah embraced him.

"I'm so glad that it worked!" Leah said as she let him go.

"We all are, my good friend! I, especially, am glad that you were able to take your relationship to the next step!" Elliott added.

"Heh, well... Thanks, guys." James laughed as he scratched his head. "Anyway, how did you guys know that we got engaged?" He asked as Fenrir dashed towards him.

"The entire town practically heard Abby's scream. Jesus, she was loud!" Sebastian answered. "Where did you guys even propose?"

"Oh, on top of a hill above Pelican Town?"

"Aww, that's so romantic!" Leah cooed as she embraced her boyfriend.

"Fear not, dear! We'll have it even better!" Elliott assured.

"We'll see about that!" Alex and James responded at the same time. Just as the conversation between the six intensified, Alex spotted a relatively big figure with blonde hair similar to that of Sam approaching Cerulean Farm.

"Hey, who's that?" Alex asked, looking at the approaching figure. Sam, seeing what the athletic friend saw, dropped his jaw.

"No.. No... It can't be..." Sam gasped, slowly walking to the figure. "Dad?"

"Sam?" The figure called. Hearing this, Sam started running. He crashed into the tall man, hugging him tightly.

"I thought you wouldn't come back." Sam said, burying his face in the figure's uniform."

"Here I am, Sam." The figure replied. The rest of Sam's friends approached he two with questions in their minds. As soon as the man saw James, he raised his head. "So, you're the new farmer that my wife talked about, right?" He asked.

"Wife? So that means..."

"That's right. I'm Kent Arvidel, Sam's father. Hmm, I've heard that you've been very good friends with him, correct?"

"Dad, he got engaged last night!" Sam remarked.

"What? You mean you left Penelope for him?" Kent asked, chuckling.

"Jesus christ, dad..." Everybody howled with laughter.

"Just kidding. Anyway, farmer..." Kent paused to scan the farmer. "Uh... Sam, may I see you for a minute? I think your mother wishes to see you." He said to his son, frowning.

"Uh... Sure? Alright, see you guys!" Said Sam as he waved the gang goodbye. Kent seemed to keep his frown as the father and son walked back to Pelican Town.

"Well, that was an unexpected reunion." Leah remarked.

"I'm glad that Sam's father's back, but why would he pull his son out of this?" James replied with a question. Everybody else gave a shrug.

"Where's Abby?" Sebastian asked.

"She's in my room. I'm pretty sure she's sleeping." Hearing this, the raven-haired boy and Alex gave him a funny look. "Knock it off, you two!" James scoffed, blushing.

"Well, I need to see if Jade's awake. See you soon, bro!" Sebastian remarked, walking away. Everybody else followed him, waving goodbyes to the farmer. When they were out if sight, James gave a sigh if happiness as he walked back into the house. He entered the room to find Abigail awake, but still naked and lying on the bed.

"What took you so long?" Abigail pouted.

"Sorry, boss." James replied. "I'll get to work now." He added as he dropped his clothes on the ground and joined his fiancée. He needed to work her.

After a hasty breakfast, Abigail and James walked towards Pelican Town. During their trip, they encountered the Sebastian-Jade couple, who congratulated both of them. The coupled engaged in a 'if you know what I mean' faces until they parted ways. When the James-Abigail couple arrived at Lewis's manor, the couple was instantaneously greeted by the mayor with a warm embrace. "My, I can't find more words to congratulate you, James!" Lewis exclaimed.

"Heh, thank you sir!" James replied.

"Abigail, I have never seen you so happy ever since your nineteenth birthday."

"Thank you, mayor!" Abigail chirped.

"So, now that you two are going to be married, what and how are you going to do it?" "That's what I'm here to ask for, sir." James replied.

"Hmm... I see, James. What do you need?"

"What do you have?"

"Well, we have the arch that we use for weddings, but it hasn't left the Carpenter's Shop ever since Robin and Demetrius's wedding."

"We can use that. If there's rust, we can simply paint over it clean!"

"Good thinking. I'll ask Emily to prepare the carpet along with Abigail's dress." Lewis remarked. The talk lasted an hour until Lewis asked his last question. "...where are you going to do it?"

"Where do you normally?" James asked.

"We last did it at the town square. If you have other plans in mind, now is the time to day it." A long pause followed. Suddenly, Abigail broke the silence.

"We can do it in the mines!" She suggested.

"Abby, you gotta be kidding me!" James sighed, chuckling.

"Why not? Don't you think it's romantic to get married at where we confessed our feelings?"

"Abby, I have a plan. We haven't determined our supremacy yet!" Confused, Abigail gave her fiancé a funny look.

"What do you mean?" By this question, James swung his wrist around. Something clicked in Abigail's mind.

"See? We'll do it in our farm, then." James said to Lewis.

"Very well! I'll keep note on that! In a meantime, Abigail, you should prepare to move in!" Lewis replied. Abigail nodded with a big smile.

After sending Abigail to Emily to get her size for the dress, James proceeded to return to his farm to check on some things. He saw that the area which he and Jade cleared of trees seemed perfect and large for the ceremony. He also remembered that he uncovered some kind of old metallic object that resembled a pyramid. 'Looks good for a donation!' James thought as he walked out of his farm and back to Pelican Town. He opened the library door to have Vincent and Jas drop their books and bounce around the cybernetic farmer.

"Mr. James! I heard you're gonna get married?" Vincent asked.

"Yeah, I am!" James replied, kneeling down.

"Did you kiss Miss Abigail?" Jas asked. Hearing this, James turned his head to Penny, who was sitting on the table next to shelves of books to silently ask if it is okay to answer. With a disarming smile, Penny nodded.

"...yes." James replied with a blush.

"EEEEEWWWW!!!" The two children pouted as they faced each other snd stuck their tongues out.

"No shouting in the library, you dumkopfs!" Gunther exclaimed as he adjusted his hat. "Anyway, congratulations, Herr James, for your successful engagement! Das ist gut!"

"Thank you, Professor Von Esling!" James replied.

"Anyway, have you an artifact to donate?" Smiling, James rummaged through his bag and pulled out the metallic pyramid and placed it on the counter. “I found this in the farm” James said.

“What could this be…?” Gunther thought to himself as he moved closer to the pyramid. “This doesn’t look like anything I have seen…” He said. “…Nor ancient.” He tapped on it, making a metallic ting.

“Don’t you think it could be Dwarfish technology? I remember reading a book that was about their origins.”

“Really? Interesting.” Gunther replied. Just then, James noticed a pattern that resembled the letter ‘Z’ carven on one side of the pyramid.

“May I touch it, professor?” James asked.

“Go ahead, Herr James.” By Gunther’s reply, James nodded as he touched the pattern with his finger and ran through it. Suddenly, the pyramid gave out a bright blue and orange light as the upper half started to levitate. It split in half as they moved apart from each other. When they stopped, a bright square appeared between the three parts of the pyramid. “Mein Gott… Jasper was right all along!” Gunther gasped.

“What do you mean?” James asked.

“The Dwarves… they ARE extraterrestrial! The hologram has dwarfish written on it! This is groundbreaking discovery, Herr James! Thus, Exhibit Artifact Number 60 is… Dwarfish Technology! I must study this further! I know that you are busy as of now, Herr James!” Confused, James gave a nod as he walked out of the library.

James spent the rest of the day preparing for the ceremony that would take place two days later with Robin and helped Abigail pack her belongings. When the sun was down, he received a text from Sam saying that his mother had invited him and his fiancée for dinner. Thus, the couple kept their promise and arrived at Sam’s house at 7:05 PM. As soon as James rang the doorbell, Jodi opened the door and greeted the couple. “Oh, welcome you two! Come in!” She said as she moved aside to let the couple in. The house was the same as the last time James entered here except for the steam and aroma that was coming out from the kitchen. “I want to congratulate you two for the successful engagement!”

“Heh, thank you Ma’am. Anyway, Mrs. Arvidel, I’ve heard that Mr. Arvidel came back from the military?” Abigail asked.

“Yes, he did. If you’re curious, he should be coming back from his walk around the Valley by now. In a meantime, why not hang around with Sam? He’s in his room!” Jodi suggested.

“Yes, Ma’am!” replied James. The couple entered their blonde haired friend’s room to find Sam playing on his guitar while following through ‘When we were Young’ by ‘The Killers’. When he noticed James and Abigail enter, he paused what he was doing and greeted the couple.

“Yo, what’s up?” said Sam.

“Not much. What were you doing?” James asked back.

“Composing some songs. What’s up with it?”

“Are you sure? Is following a song considered as composing?” Abigail jokingly asked as she hopped onto the drum set. Sam gave a shrug as he handed James his bass guitar. Checking if the guitar was tuned, he and Sam both gave each other thumbs up.

“Hey, Sam? I have a question.” James said.

“What’s up?” Sam asked.

“May I know why your father pulled you out from my farm? What did he say to you?” Lowering his electric guitar, Sam gave a sigh.

“I knew you would ask me that. No hard feelings, though.” Sam replied. “Dad pulled me into my room and… scolded me.”

“What?! Why?” Abigail exclaimed.

“Well, I don’t know if you’ll like what I’m going to say…” Sam said to James. The farmer simply gave a nod, signaling him to continue. “…he scolded me about hanging around with a mass murderer. I tried to persuade him that you’re not like those Gotoro supersoldiers, but he just wouldn’t listen. He warned me not to stay close to you. To be honest, I’m scared about hat dad would do if he enters my room right now…” Hearing this, James gave a sigh. He approached his blonde friend and gave a pat on his shoulder.

“Sam, it’s fine. I’ll try to persuade your father when we all gather up at the table, okay? We’ll take care of…” Just as James was about to finish, the room door burst open, revealing Kent holding an assault rifle on both of his hands.

“SAM! TAKE COVER!!” Kent shouted. Just as he pulled the trigger, James used his magic to shoot a bubble barrier around his fiancée and generate another to shield himself and Sam. The bullets from the rifle shattered when they hit the barriers, but every time they hit James and Sam’s barrier, the farmer felt weaker. Finally, when the two boys’ barrier shattered and dissipated into dust, James ran out of the room. It was the only way his friend won’t get hurt. “WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING, YOU USELESS WAIF?!” Kent shouted as he pointed his rifle at the farmer and pulled the trigger. To evade, James climbed the wall away from Jodi, who was clutching Vincent tightly who was crying. When he was at the ceiling, however, James felt a bullet tear through his left hip, sending him crashing down to the floor, gritting his teeth in pain. He saw Kent walk toward him, barrel pointed at the farmer’s head. James closed his eyes. It’s over. He couldn’t muster the strength to bid farewell to his fiancée who was screaming in tears. He awaited his demise…

“DAD, NO!!” Sam yelled as he rushed to the incapacitated farmer. Abigail followed, too.

“Back off, you kids! You have no idea what this monster tried to do to you!” Kent replied.

“He… he’s my fiancé!” Abigail yelled back, positioning herself in front of the barrel.

“Y… you are engaged with that bastard?” Kent asked quietly, but with rage. Abigail nodded. “You… YOU FOOL! HAVEN’T YOU EVEN WATCHED THE NEWS WITH YOUR PARENTS?! DIDN’T YOU SEE HOW THESE MONSTERS SLAUGHTERED OUR SOLDERS, FERNGILL AND UN ALIKE?! And yet… here you all are, being manipulated by one of them!”

“Dad, please…” Sam tried to speak.

“I SAID BACK OFF! NOBODY HARMS MY FAMILY LIKE MY TROOPS!” Kent bellowed as he pushed the two teenagers away. He was cleared to fire. Just then…

“KENT! PUT THAT GUN DOWN, NOW!” Jodi screamed. Everybody including James turned to the crying housewife to find her pointing a pistol at her husband. “He told us EVERYTHING about his past!” Jodi said, sobbing.

“Jodi… you too?’ Kent questioned in shock, tears welling up. “Tell me a good reason why I shouldn’t kill this pathetic orphan!”

“He… he escaped before the war. He said that he didn’t finish training! He’s not like those supersoldiers, Kent! Look behind his head!” Hearing this, Kent walked around the incapacitated James, who was now clutching his wound. Kent knelt down to observe his head.

“You… you don’t have the thing.” Kent whispered. James nodded, smudging his cheek on his pool of blood.

“It was a neural tracker, dad! James told us that it was what controlled the other supersoldiers!” Sam said.

“So you mean…”

“That’s right…” James grunted. “They are begging for freedom while something is controlling their minds.” He added as he gathered enough strength to get himself back to his cybernetic feet. Hearing this, Kent became flabbergasted. He had shot an innocent man. He dropped his rifle and embraced the farmer.

“I’m so sorry, farmer!” Kent cried. Seeing this, James gave a small nod.

“It’s okay, Mr. Arvidel. It’s just a flesh wound.” James assured. He peeked at Kent’s uniform to find two stars. “…You are a general?”

“I was.” Kent replied, releasing James. He was now covered in the farmer’s blood. “What’s your name?”

“James. James Suh.” The farmer replied, oozing more blood from his wound. “I was Soldier 24, in case you were wondering.”

“I’m genuinely sorry, son. I thought you were going to attack my son.”

“I was actually giving him advices. That’s all, sir.” James replied, giving the man a salute. Seeing this, Kent couldn’t help to give a farmer one back.

“Old habits die hard, don’t they?” Kent asked.

Indeed, Mr. Arvidel.” James replied, groaning in pain. Abigail, wiping her eyes, ran towards her fiancé.

“Sam, help me take him to Harvey!” Abigail said. Sam nodded as he grabbed James’s sholder and took him out of the house.

Sorry, guys. Starting from October 2nd, I will be on a half-hiatus until December. I don't know if the integrity of this community will be intact when I return, but I'll make sure that this fanfic and The Signal will be posted when I receive free time. I have alot of exams coming through and I don't want to disappoint you all. Thank you so much and love you all for being part of my life!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
                      • ApertureGaming011

I'm starting to question if writing fanfictions is a good idea. I know that it sounds cheesy, but it's just that nobody even takes a glance at my two works. I need feedback so I can improve and step up to real fiction projects, but I'm not receiving any. Everytime I see Risu'a fanfic or Magic'a fanfic, everybody loves it and gives reviews and all the good things. It's making me jealous. to be honest, my two fanfictions are the only strings that are preventing me from jumping off of my apartment roof. If I finish them, I will silently disappear from this forum and evently the world. I just can't stand how unsupportive my family and my 'friends' are compared to this community. Thank you for taking a look at this rant. I just feel like something is wrong.

• Kid Absurdity

Kid Absurdity Big Damn Hero

I'll take a moment to offer some potential explanations for the relative silence on your fics - there's a bit of feedback woven in, but I'm already behind on giving promised feedback to people who have asked me specifically so I won't go into great depth.

1) Your fanfics fit specific niches, and appeal to narrower segments of the fan audience than other fics that have taken a more traditional approach. You want to write gritty war stuff, some people want to read that, but for a lot of people the joy of Stardew Valley is how mellow and chill of an experience it is. The war is in the background of the game universe, but the fact that it's mostly out of sight and out of mind works for a lot of the fan-base.

For a similar example, consider how all the people who make YouTube series of Stardew Valley and post them here also get no feedback. What they all didn't consider is that posting it where the hardest-core fan-content-producers for SDV are means they're posting it where everyone would rather play SDV than watch someone else do it. So, you might have misjudged your audience a bit, same as those YouTube video makers. You might have decided consciously to write something niche regardless - and that's your prerogative, and being true to your own motivations is good, but it does not entitle you to readers coming along for the ride.

2) On the audience thing, different parts of the audience find that different aspects of stories resonate with them. Experiencing Freedom has some things that I think have potential. War-action, splash of romance. That's a structure that can work even if I find it a bit out of step with what I want from SDV. It's also an adolescent power fantasy, and while I would have eaten that up when I was younger, now that I'm in my 30s I'm just over that whole thing.

When you started writing this one, I thought the war plot and that stuff was what stood out, and that was what had potential. Then around the middle of what you have so far, the focus changed and I got less interested in reading it.

3) You've been somewhat defensive about critical feedback before, so I often don't bother posting it when I do read and have some. Part of it does boil down to your response to feedback. Do you want the kind of confrontational critique that will improve your writing if you take it on board, or do you want your writing validated? If the former, I hope someone else sees fit to offer you some. If the latter, switch gears for a bit and write some stupid Shane erotica, because that seems to work a treat for some unconscionable reason.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
                          • MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

this is when you need to take a step back, re-evaluate yourself, and try to create something that makes you happy.

stop comparing yourself to me. stop comparing yourself to risu.

write what YOU enjoy, and if you don't enjoy it, don't write it. if you want to just be popular instead, write something else. if you don't want to write at all, i'm sure you can find something. you can find something that appeals to you, and you can work on it and be proud of yourself.

i'm sorry you're going through a lot of stuff right now, but bringing me into it isn't going to do anything positive. i hope you can get the help you need and that you can find some professional help that will provide some healthy alternatives to whatever you are feeling. that's all i can say really, but i read Kid Absurdity's comment up there and it's very insightful. i hope instead of taking it in a bad way that you'll see he's saying this stuff to help you out, not to tear you down.

• ApertureGaming011

I
                              My parents locked in my phone and laptop in their vault. They literally forced me to stop posting more chapters. I got lucky and managed to convince them to lend me my laptop for 3 hours. As of now, I am using my friend's phone and am writing new chapters through paper. I don't want to go on a hiatus. I'm concerned about the integrity of the forums if I come back.

Anyway, thank you so much for your advides, Magic. Perhaps you are right about it. Kid, you too. I'll try finding something that will interest the mass that can correlate to my fanfics: Experiencing Freedom and The Signal alike.

• ApertureGaming011

My biggest problem is the fear of negative feedback. I've never received such thing before and used to hope that I won't receive them. from he start. Perhaps I was wrong about it. As said in my previous reply, I'll try adding content that will give contentment to the forum users here. I know you guys are the ones with the warmest hearts in planet Earth. I love you all. I'll learn from my mistakes and carry on. I'll ty not to beg for feedback.

Plus, the big war parts will come. Please give it some time. The protagonist's second year will have it. I promise.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
                                • ApertureGaming011

Chapter 39 is finally here. I've finally brought some good news: I have finally convinced my parents to let me use my laptop during Thursday nights. Thus, both Experiencing Freedom and The Signal will be published every Thursday. Thank you all for whoever is still reading this. In a meantime, I will be writing the other chapters by paper.

The rest of the night consisted of James receiving treatment from Harvey. As the doctor and Maru were carefully pulling the bullet out from his hip, the farmer simply shared a lighthearted conversation with Kent. Everything went smooth when the Berneau and Arvidel families promised to invite James into a family dinner in Sam’s house tomorrow. As everybody was tired, James bid his friends goodbye and slept for the day.

The sun rose for the 2nd of Spring. Despite the pain, James dressed into his work attire and found Jade cooking breakfast. “Oh, hey Jade. Fancy seeing you making breakfast.” James mumbled as he telekinetically turned on the TV.

“I haven’t touched the kitchen utensils for a month since you cook all the time.” Jade replied. James nodded in response as he sat on the table to have his roommate place plates full of mashed potatoes and sausages on the table.

“Whoa, nice cooking. How did you learn?” James asked, amazed by how delicious the food looked.

“I do watch the Queen of Sauce and learn from Seb’s mom, you know.”

“Oh, okay.” James replied. “Hmm… I should visit Seb soon.” He added as he took a mouthful of mash and glued his eyes on the TV.

“…On the next news, the Gotoro Empire has invaded the western coast of America; something unthinkable. We will now go to our reporter on scene, Kate Lockwell, who is in California as we speak. Kate?” The anchor in the TV called. The screen then transitioned to the reporter who was in the ruined downtown of Los Angeles.

“Thank you, Donny. The situation in Los Angeles is in peril due to the aftermath of the 7-hour battle between the US Army and the Gotoro Invaders. Despite being highly outnumbered, the invaders managed to overrun the American defenses and destroy major highways and countless civilian and commercial buildings, killing five hundred thousand civilians. The US reinforcements arrived just in time as the invaders were about to cross the highway to San Francisco. The Gotoro Army showed no signs of retreat as they were neutralized after a two hour firefight.” Kate Lockwell replied as she walked around the destroyed road with burning vehicle wreckages and soldiers walking around.

“I see. Kate, were there any reports of the notorious special forces?”

“Indeed, Donny. The invaders were accompanied by two special operatives. The US Army claims that the two escaped before being captured. These soldiers were responsible for the death of one thousand US troops of this battle. The victims of the special operatives were seen dismembered. The UN Security Council is investigating about the identity of these ‘Supersoldiers’ as of now. This was Kate Lockwell of KOSU 5.”

Turning off the TV, James gave a sigh. As he tried to stand up, however, the wound gave him a spike of pain, making the farmer collapse back on his chair, groaning.

“Hey, are you okay?” Jade asked.

“Ugh… yeah, but I don’t think I can work today. Can you do me a favor?” James asked back.

“What is it?”

“Can you and Fenrir tend the animals?” He asked as he groaned in pain. Just then, the door made three knocks. Garfield, who was sleeping on the couch, bolted up.

A guest? Now? This is the most unorthodox! The black cat scoffed.

“I’ll get the door.” Garfield’s master said as she walked to the door. “Go on and eat your food.” She added as she opened the door to find professor Gunther Von Esling waiting at the door.

“Guten Morgen! Is Herr James here?” Gunther asked as he became startled by Fenrir and Garfield running out of the house. “Mein Gott, such a small Hund!” Hearing this, james gathered his strength to walk to the door. Guests are to be greeted, after all.

“Good morning Professor. What brings you here?” James asked. Just as the farmer finished speaking, Gunther reached for his large satchel and pulled out something that resembled a picture frame.

“This is the reason, Herr James! We did it!” Gunther replied excitedly.

“Whoa, professor! What is it?” The farmer asked as he leaned forward to get a clear view of the frame.

CONGRATULATIONS

It is an honor for us to award our great contributors, Gunther Von Esling and James Suh of Stardew Valley for providing us valuable archeological data for expanding our knowledge about our planet and creating a vast exhibit of artifacts, archeological and paleontological alike.

-Ferngill Archeology and Paleontology Society-

“…and this wouldn’t have been possible without your help! I cannot thank you enough for what you’ve done for our exhibition!” Gunther remarked.

“I just wanted to help, professor. All in a day’s work.” James replied.

“I just cannot leave you hanging. Hmm… perhaps I can give you an artifact itself as a thank you.”

“No, professor, you don’t have to! It’s just…” Gunther interrupted James by handing the farmer a rusty key.

“It has been in the vault of the library for 87 years, Herr James! I want you to have it!”

“Uh… thanks.” James said in confusion.

“Well, I have tourists coming to the library in ten minutes! Ich musse Schnell! Auf Wiedersein!” Gunther said as he quickly walked away from Cerulean Farm.

‘Well, that was weird…’ James thought as he collapsed on the couch while inspecting the key he had acquired.

“I’m going to go the the animals, 24…” Jade said as she walked out of the house.

“I told you to stop calling me by that!” James shouted as the door closed behind his roommate. He groaned in pain as he shut his eyes.

When Jade returned from work, she was coincidentally accompanied by Abigail. Surprised by the appearance of his fiancée, James immediately greeted her with a tender kiss. As soon as they released their lips, Abigail started tending James’s wound. “I don’t understand.” Abigail said.

“Mhm?” James hummed.

“I mean, I’m not trying to be a douche, but you’ve survived tons of bullets back at the Empire, right?”

“Twenty-three, to be exact. Still, you’re right. Why?”

“If you held on to those, how come you’re taking so long to recover from Mr. Arvidel’s gunshot?” Hearing this, James gave a frown.

“Abby, the shots back then were from pistols. To be honest, this was the first time I’ve been shot with an assault rifle, and it hurt.” James replied with a sigh. Abigail gave a sad nod as if she was sorry. “It’s okay, Abby. Excepting the fact that it hurt my heart, I’m fine.”

“I’m sorry.” Abigail said as she buried her face on her fiancé’s chest.

“Anyway, tomorrow’s the big day, huh?” James asked, attempting to change the topic. “We’re going to be bonded forever and you’ll be living here with me… I’ve never expected this to happen.”

“I know. I thought I would be going back to Prometheus City and end up sleeping in with guys that I meet in clubs, partying and drinking… Then you came.” Abigail replied.

“Well, you’ve changed me too, Abby. I thought I would end up as a mindless killing machine if it weren’t for my grandfather and you. God, I can’t believe how much my life changed in just one year.” James added. “Ugh, looks like my pain is subsiding. I need to go buy some seeds from your father.” He said as he gathered strength to stand up.

“Wait up!” Abigail chirped as she followed James out of Cerulean Farm.

The couple exited the store with shopping bags filled with seeds of various crops, such as garlic, parsnips, cauliflower, potatoes and tulips. Abigail pleaded James to help him on the farm. Despite James asking if she should be finishing off packing her belongings and go see Emily for a wedding dress, Abigail simply wished to be with him. Sighing, James surrendered to Abigail’s pouting and permitted her to work on the farm. As the farmer tilled the vast amount of soil that he had surrounded with fences, Abigail sowed the seeds and finalized by watering them. With the farm duties done, Abigail suggested for a walk around Cindersap Forest. Without a reason to disagree, James took her hand and walked towards the southern exit of the farm together. As they walked around the forest, Abigail and James talked about the future of their lives. Abigail suggested that she would go to the mines with James but he recommended that she would finish her training. He thought of purchasing stables from Robin so that both of them could ride on horses. A good idea. When the conversation was hot, they encountered Vincent and Jas fumbling around what looked like a sewer pipe. “What do you thing they’re doing?” James asked his fiancée. Abigail have a simple shrug.

“Why is it locked? I wanna go play in the sewers!” Vincent pouted.

“I think I’ve seen professor Gunther holding a key when I saw him walking to Mr. James’s farm.” Jas replied. Hearing this from their visibility, James gave a grin.

“Really? Should we ask for it?”

“No, you dummy!” Jas replied, slapping the boy’s forehead.

“Hey, did you hear that?” Vincent pointed at the locked sewer door. Suddenly, a loud noise resembling a bamboo flute burst from the pipe, making the children scream and run up to where James and Abigail was. Curious, the farmer walked to the sewer pipe to find it locked, Suddenly, after some thinking, something snapped in his mind. The key! He fumbled through his pocket to find it. When he did, he carefully put the key in the lock and turned it. As soon as the lock clicked open, the key broke in half.

‘Well, it’s not that I’m going to lock this place anyway.’ James thought as he opened the iron bar door.

“Looks spooky.” Abigail remarked. Igniting his Galaxy Sword, James entered the sewers with his fiancée following him. The area was dimly lit. The couple could hear flowing of sewer water on their right with foul odor emitting from everywhere around them.

“Try not to touch the wall… nor fall in the water.” James warned. Abigail nodded as they slowly ventured deeper into the sewers.

“This isn’t like the mines at all.” Abigail remarked.

“I know. It’s getting brighter here, don’t you think?” James replied as he raised his glowing sword in the air to brighten the area. Just then, the sound. It was coming from their right. The farmer readied his sword. “Stick close. I know you’re unarmed.” James said as he approached the source. It was now just around the corner. James counted to three to confront the source of the sound when…

“I know you are there, strangers. I know one of you is armed.” A deep voice called. “There is no need for hostility.” The voice added. Confused, James and Abigail relieved themselves as they walked around the corner to find a shadow brute. However, this wasn’t a regular one. It had no arms, was shorter and had yellow glowing eyes compared to the red of the brutes found in the mines. The holes win which its arms were supposed to be emitted dark essence in the form of smoke. “Human visitors? How unorthodox.” The shadow brute said.

“…A shadow brute?” Abigail asked.

“Indeed, human. As you know, I have no capability and will to fight. In fact, it is against morals to strike at a disabled creature for a human, is it not?”

“Well, you’re… technically correct.” James replied, retracting his weapon. “What’s your name?”

“My identity? Perhaps it is not rude for me to ask yours?” The brute asked back. Facing each other and nodding, the couple opened their mouths.

“It’s okay. I am James. I’m the farmer of this Valley.” James introduced.

“I’m Abigail. I’m his fiancée.” Abigail added.

“Fiancée? Hmm… oh yes, I remember that word. Trivial words aside, I am Krobus of Orkrai. I’m just a merchant of exotic goods.” The shadow brute said.

“Whoa, a merchant?” James asked.

“Indeed. If you have found a wind to lower your hostility against me, I am more than glad to sell you what I have. Fear not, I accept human currency… what you call “Galleons’.” Krobus said.

“That’s good to hear.”

“Indeed, James. I can sense vast strength emanating from you.”Krobus said as he inspected the farmer. “Hmm… I see… you’ve been hunting shadow people!”

“Yeah, I was.”

“If they are acting so hostile against you, I shall apologize in behalf. Our past has been… traumatic.” Hearing this, James fell into deep thought. After some time, he gave a nod.

“Krobus, I think I can feel the difference between you and the other shadow brutes. I don’t know. The other brutes are like that quote from the book Jungle Book…” James hesitated. “Uh… I’m not sure if you know what it is.”

“Fear not, human. Some fools dropped their belongings here, such as literature. I can clearly remember that title” Krobus assured. “Ah, yes. I seem to know what you’re trying to say. Is it not Bagheera’s quote: ‘Strike then give tongue’?” James and Abigail were amazed.

“You’re awesome, Krobus!” Abigail exclaimed.

“All I am doing is reciting what I’ve learned from human literature, Abigail. You two are very interesting ones. Just like Rasmodius…”

“Wait, you know the wizard here?”

“Indeed, Abigail. He makes a visit here every year. I suppose he will come here some other day. But that’s not the important words here. How may I help you two?”

“Well, we came in here accidentally, so I don’t know what to do. Ugh, this is just like when I first came to the valley…” James replied.

“I see. Well, if you have nothing else to do, I suggest that you depart. I’m sure that humans can’t stand long against this odor.” James nodded. In fact, Abigail had been holding her breath for some time. She looked like she was about to throw up.

“You’re right. I think I saw some kind of fish around here. I think I might come back here for… you know, fishing?” James said without certainty.

“It is up to you. I am glad that somebody understands me. See you two.” Krobus said as the couple waved the shadow brute goodbye and exited the sewers. “Perhaps I was wrong about humans.” Krobus said to himself, closing his glowing yellow eyes.

I wanted to make Krobus someone that seems to be a simple merchant, but have a really big backstory behind him. If James manages to gain his trust, he will open his heart about his true form... (Read the lore talk)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
                                  • ApertureGaming011

This fanfiction has come a long way since the Prologue in June 17th. We have now reached 6077 readers. Thank you so much for being part of my Main Character's journey for ultimate freedom. He isn't there yet, you know!

• ApertureGaming011

Chapter 40 has been released! This is a marriage scene with a bit of a action-packed twist at the end. I hope you enjoy it!

The soon to be married couple headed to the General Store to finalize Abigail’s packing. The purple-haired girl was now skipping from one side of her room to the other, taking her most valued items such as her spirit board and her drum set and placing them in boxes. After some time, the only things that remained in Abigail’s room were the bed and the glass cage of David, the girl’s pet guinea pig. “What are you going to do with him?” James asked, rubbing its head.

“I don’t know, to be honest.” Abigail replied, placing her hands on her hips.

“You want me to keep him for tonight? I’m sure Fenrir will be good friend with him… as long as she’s not hungry.” Hearing this, Abigail frowned.

“I... I’ll just keep him with him with me, then.”

“Good point. I was joking about the Fenrir part, anyway. Say, when are we supposed to go to Sam’s house for dinner?”

“I think his mom said that she expects us and my family at seven.”

“Hmm…” James said as he checked his phone. “…It’s four o’clock. We have three hours.” He added. “Seeing that we’ve finished packing your stuff, what should we do?” Hearing this, Abigail walked in front of her fiancé and faced him.

“I think you know. Abigail seductively said as she glued her body to his. James could smell her melon body-wash as he was pulled to a kiss. They released their lips after a few seconds. Not enough. The purple-haired girl jumped and latched onto James’s legs and pressed her lips hard into his again. And again. James let go of Abigail, causing her to fall back-first on her bed. The farmer collapsed on top of her and started planting kisses on her face.

COMMENCE 4th WALL BREAKING (NSFW) part removed

“About time we break that wall again.” James whispered as Abigail hyperventilated while nodding.

“Yeah, I can see them.” Abigail replied as she stared at the reader.

“Give us some time, reader. The author’s going to update this fanfiction in AO3 later. He’s really busy due to his studies and can only update during Thursdays.”

“Ugh, why do Korean study philosophies give teenagers so much pressure?” Abigail grunted as she worked her fiancé.

“No Idea. I think we should fix the forth wall. You know… space-time continuum?” James said as he flipped Abigail over.

-END OF 4th WALL BREAKING-

Three hours have passed when James woke Abigail up. She begrudgingly sat up from her position as her fiancé handed her clothes. “Abby, it’s 6: 30! Your parents are going to be mad!” James exclaimed.

“I just want to say here…” Abigail groaned as she put her clothes back on.

“Well, you’re going to move in my farm, anyway.” James replied as he wore his clothes. He had a hard time wearing his pants as his cybernetics were slightly wide for them. As the couple finished dressing up and were looking at their phones, Caroline entered the room.

“Abigail? James? Jodi and Kent expect us soon. Let’s go.” Caroline said.

“Alright, mom.” Abigail replied as she stood up. James followed her out of her room to find Pierre waiting outside the counter.

“You ready, farmer?” Pierre asked.

“I’m more ready than a particle collider that is fully charged.” James replied. Together, the Berneau family and James departed from the General Store and walked their way to Sam’s house. Abigail held James’s cybernetic hand at all times, but his grip was a bit too tight for her. Caroline couldn’t help but smile at how happy her daughter was with the farmer. Once they reached the house, they were immediately greeted by Jodi. This time, Kent was with her. The retired general immediately embraced James as soon as he received the chance. James saluted in response. Kent couldn’t help but to give the escaped supersoldier a salute back. The house gave the aroma of smoked duck and butter. It was definitely the smell that the foarmer loved. When Jodi entered the kitchen again, the farmer was greeted by Sam with a tight hug. James assured that he was fine when Jodi returned with plates and bowls full of saliva inducing food. She called everybody to gather on the table. James, Abigail and Sam huddled together in three adjacent seats. As the families at their food, the Arvidel family asked numerous questions such as how James first met Abigail and how the couple got. Kent pulled out a joke question about how they confessed their feeling to each other. Blushing, Abigail explained the first half while James answered the rest. Jodi and Sam cooed in response as they took a bite of their food. As the happy conversation lasted, something seemed to grow in James’s heart. It was understanding. ‘Is this how it feels to be a part of a family?’ he thought to himself as he took a glass of water and slowly drank it. He missed his family that is now looking down from whatever afterlife existed. Now wasn’t the time to be sad. His most valued friends are here and he and his fiancée will be married tomorrow. He focused and continued the conversation as the plates started to empty. It was 9 o’clock when everyone started to leave. Abigail’s family and James bid goodbyes to the Arvidel family.

“We’re looking forward to your wedding!” Jodi called.

“Yeah, bro! Remind Seb and I to pour champagne on your heads!” Sam added as the door closed. Smirking, James let go of his fiancée’s hand.

“Abby, you should sleep in your house today.” James said.

“B…but…” Abigail stuttered.

“It’s the last time you’ll sleep with your parents, Abby. I really want you to have some family time before you leave them.” Hearing this, Pierre gave a nod of agreement.

“I agree. Abigail, we wish to be with you for tonight. You won’t be with us from tomorrow.” Pierre said. Abigail gave a sigh.

“Okay, dad.” She replied, then turned to James. “Robo-baby, I’ll see you tomorrow. I can’t wait!” She said as she pulled him for a kiss.

“Right. See you tomorrow. I love you.” James replied as he watched the Berneau family walk into the General Store. He arrived at his house to be greeted by Fenrir as they both drifted into sleep.

The alarm clock rang at 6: 00 AM when James woke up fresh. Are you ready for today? Fenrir asked, sniggling beside him.

“Yup.” James replied.

A parcel arrived while you were sleeping.

“Wait, how do you know when something comes, anyway? Besides, I think I forgot to send you for your midnight hunt.”

I can sense it. Fenrir replied with a cheeky voice ringing in the farmer’s mind. James gave a grin of recognition as he stood up from his bed and wore his usual work clothes. As he exited his room, he saw Jade inspecting the parcel that Fenrir was talking about. James decided to let her open it as he knew that there were no private things inside.

“…A tuxedo? Really?” Jade aske das she inspected the black clothes.

“You know, it’s the day.” James replied as he walked over to the refrigerator. “It’s the day when Abigail becomes my wife and tons of shenanigans will be done until the day we die. Pretty funny, huh?”

“I guess.” Jade shrugged as she placed the high quality clothes back in the box. “What’s going to happen to me after the marriage? Are you going to kick me out? I don’t think Seb’s family is going to like if it I move into my boyfriend’s basement.” Hearing this, James gave a chuckle.

“Jade, you really are stupid. Who do you think that you will be replaced? Sure, we broke up four years ago, but you’re my childhood friend just like Soldier 14… or Lys. Jesus, it scared me to wonder what happened to him. Anyway, there is no way I’m going to kick you out. You’re working with my in our farm diligently, killing my boredom and are my best friend Sebastian’s girlfriend. He will kill me if he hears that I expelled you. In short words, you’re not going anywhere. You’ll be confined here forever, even when death. Your corpse will rot away…”

“…Should I pack my stuff?” Jade jokingly asked.

“Nah, just kidding. If you have something in mind, tell me.” James replied as he started cooking breakfast.

Work on the farm was harmonious as usual. What was different, however, was the fact that James had butterflies in his stomach. He could see the white arch covered with flowers from the patch of growing potatoes he was watering. The sky was bluer that ever with only a few white fluffy clouds to be spotted. The birds were singing the song of the nature as they flew around, searching for mates. James couldn’t help but smile as he finalized his work in the field and walked to the barn to check on his mammalian animals. He now has to goats which he named Titan and Enceladus. Although still in infancy, they seemed to be more than happy to be part of the Cerulean family. Just as James finished milking the cows, the barn door gave three knocks. He opened it to reveal Sebastian and Robin behind the door. “Oh, hello!” James greeted the two. Sebastian was wearing a formal suit. “Seb, I think it’s a bit too early for that.”

“Well, I brought my usual outfit just in case.” Sebastian replied, holding up a shopping bag full of clothes. James nodded.

“To be honest, I didn’t know that everybody had to be in formal clothes. In fact, I don’t even know how weddings are held.” Flabbergasted by James’s words, Robin opened her mouth.

“What?! How can you not know? Haven’t you visited your relatives’ weddings?” Robin exclaimed.

“Mom, don’t you remember his life story? What do you think happened during his twelve years of…” Sebastian was cut off.

“Seb, it’s okay. I think I have a blurry memory of a wedding when I was four.” James said, rummaging through his mind. “…Yeah, I remember. Men wore suits… That’s right!” He said.

“There you go, James! Looks like Sebby did the right thing. James, tell me when you’re ready to work on the ceremony, okay?” Robin asked.

“Yes, ma’am. Seb, if you want to see Jade, the door’s always open.” James said as he escorted his raven-haired friend into his house. When he opened the door, Jade bolted up from the couch and kissed Sebastian deeply, ignoring the videogame that was on the TV. “I’ll let you two… uh… have your time. I’m going to take a shower.” James said as he walked into his room.

James was greeted by Alex and Sam as he was working on finalizing the wedding altar. The chairs and tables were covered in white cloth. Three long tables were placed near the side of the area. These were to be used for the buffet that Gus has brought. James specifically asked Robin to not lay a red carpet between the chairs for a reason he didn’t wish to tell. When the facility was ready, James noticed that all of his male friends including Elliott and Shane have arrived wearing suits. Sebastian had come out of the house with Jade holding his arm. “Hey, Elliott. Where’s Leah?” James asked.

“My dear is with your soon-to-be wife. In fact, all of the young women are with her. May I ask the reason for your question?” Elliott asked back.

“Nah, it’s nothing. I usually find you with her, so… yeah.” James replied. “Anyway, how’s your novel holding up? It’s been some time since I gave you some advices and suggestions.”

“My novel? Well, I’ve decided that the genre to be mystery. It’s about a young detective investigating in a robbery that leads to more controversial cases. So far, everything has been going smoothly.”

“That’s good to hear.”

“I have been taking your advices that you have given me. I have been staying determined and tried my hardest to concentrate in my project. My dear Leah has been morally supporting me, which was more than helpful.”

“Perfect, Elliott. I think I can already see you following your dream. You’re a man of ambition, and I can sense it.” James said as his left eye gave light fumes of green. Kindness has kicked in. “Hey, if you finish that book, remind me to buy an exclusive. Now, I have to greet my other friends.” James replied as he turned to Sam, Alex, Harvey and Shane. As he shared a friendly conversation with them, he peeked over to the northern entrance to find Linus walking into the farm. “Hang on, guys. I have somebody to see.” James said to his friends before walking to the seemingly homeless person who is actually a druid. “Hello, Linus.”

“Oh, hello James. First, congratulations you and Abigail.” Linus said.

“Thank you.”

“Second, I see that your way of the Mage has improved. I have heard from Milosz that you have seemed to have made a groundbreaking discovery.” Linus said as he touched the farmer’s cybernetic arm.

“Oh, that? Well, I found it by accident. I tried to… you know, life up a keg. I thought it was impossible to do it with one hand, so…” Linus stopped James.

“It’s not good to lie, my votary. I know that you’ve accidentally showed it to your friends during the Spirit’s Eve. Isn’t that so?” Linus asked with a serious face.

“…Yes. I’m sorry.” James confessed, awaiting his punishment.

“It’s okay. Your discovery of mage and machine compensates it. Milosz says that he needs to research this phenomenon. In other words, we need your cooperation.”

“I’m in. You’re always welcome here, Linus. Stay her however you wish.” Jams said. “I need to go prepare. The wedding is about to start.” He added as he ran towards his house. Linus gave a smile as he walked to the ceremony area.

“The prophecy is taking shape.”

When James exited his room wearing his newly bought tuxedo and white gloves, he was greeted by his male friends. “Looking sharp!” Alex remarked.

“It’s just a start.” James remarked, giving him a high five.

“Oh yeah, Abby’s here.” Sam said. James immediately bolted for the window to find the blonde friend correct. Abigail was waiting outside the door in a beautiful wedding dress with all of the bachelorettes beside her. With nervousness, James opened the door to let his fiancée in.

“You look beautiful.” James remarked, holding Abigail’s hand.

“Y… you’re so… Ugh, I can’t think of a word.” Abigail replied, blushing.

“Are you ready?” James asked, showing something metallic on his waist. Abigail nodded.

“I’m nervous.”

“Who isn’t?” James asked. He looked around him to find nobody next to them. Everyone had taken a seat on the chairs outside. “…Are we late?” James wondered. Suddenly Lewis called out through a microphone, startling the couple.

“Will the wedding couple show themselves, please?” The mayor said.

“It’s time. Let’s go.” James said nervously as he accepted Abigail’s hand and walked out of the house. Everybody was looking at the two as the couple walked through the path between the two groups of chairs. People started clapping as James and Abigail walked closer to the altar. “You’re next.” James whispered when he saw Jade and Sebastian sitting together. When he and Abigail stopped on the altar and faced the crowd, Lewis walked down to announce.

“When James first came to Pelican Town to escape his shackles, nobody knew if he would fit into our community.” James gave a frown by Lewis’s words, but nodded anyway. “…but now, he will hand has become just like any of us!”

“That’s right!” Alex yelled.

“It is my biggest honor of the 3rd of Spring 2020, to link James Suh and Abigail Berneau in the bonds of marriage.” Lewis said. James and Abigail turned to face each other.

“Are you ready?” James whispered. Abigail nodded. “We’ll start before the kiss.” He stopped when Lewis walked back on the altar.

“James… Abigail… As the mayor of Pelican Town and the carrier of the matrimonial seal, I now proclaim you two as husband and wife!” Lewis remarked. “You may… hey, where are you going?!” he asked when Abigail walked off the altar and stopped at the other end of the path. She turned to face James as she pulled out a black sword hidden from her dress.

“I challenge you in our final battle!” Yelled Abigail, pointing the tip of the sword at her now husband. Smiling, the farmer pulled out his empty Galaxy Sword hilt and ignited it, revealing its purple energy blade.

“I accept.” James said. Abigail gave a cry of war as she charged onto him. James too gave a war cry as he leapt from the altar and landed right next to her. When they were at the middle, they swung their swords at each other, causing them to collide with a flash of energy. Abigail had the strength in brawling while James empowered by agility of his almost weightless legendary energy sword. Abigail attacked again with all of her might with James parrying her attacks. Unlike her fist day of training with James, however, she didn’t back down. Her training paid off as she started to move forward slowly. The older adults stared at the skirmish in horror while trying to avoid the sparks of plasma that the Galaxy Sword emitted whenever it clashed with Abigail’s sword. Meanwhile, the bachelors and some of the bachelorettes like Emily and Maru cheered.

“Go, James! Show her no mercy!” Sam, Sebastian and Alex yelled.

“Come on, Abigail! Show him girl power!” Maru yelled. James grinned as he started pushing Abigail back with unforgiving attacks. When Abigail was almost at her end, she glared at her husband as she gave a yell of determination. Suddenly, her eyes started to give very faint purple fumes as her attacks became honed and powerful. Surprised and shocked by what he had just saw an Abigail’s sudden strength, James started to be pushed back in an alarming rate. Despite surprised by her newfound ability, Abigail didn’t become overconfident and pressed on her attack. Finally she pushed him towards the altar where James now started to utilize his full combat training. Combining it with magic, he started to slowly push Abigail back until she accidentally hit his cybernetic arm, making him drop the Galaxy Sword. When James scurried to pick it up, James realized that Abigail’s sword was right beside his neck. He had lost. This was Abigail’s first victory. Smiling, he lowered his wife’s sword and gave her a passionate kiss as everyone cheered and shot confetti and streamers at the couple.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
                                      • ApertureGaming011

Chapter 41 has arrived. As @Kid Absurdity has suggested, I have tried to return to the dark theme that I have started this fanfiction with.

The wedding went perfectly. Sebastian and Sam kept their promise by spraying champagne one James’s head. The farmer laughed it off while cleaning himself with a towel. Everybody took a share of Gus’s food buffet which was unquestionably delicious. Laughter and cheers clouded Cerulean Farm until the sun was down. The townspeople departed the farm one by one until there was James, Abigail, Robin, Jade and Sebastian remaining. The remaining people cleaned the area as Sebastian and his girlfriend entered the house to play some videogames. Just as Robin and the newlywed couple finalized in cleaning, Pierre and Caroline arrived with boxes full of Abigail’s valuables. Abigail kissed her parentd goodbye before approaching her now husband. “We’ll unpack these later.” James said.

“Okay.” Abigail replied.

“For now, welcome to your new home.” James said as he escorted his wife into the house. When they’ve arrived, James found Jade and Sebastian, now in their normal outfits.

“I’m staying here for tonight.” Sebastian said to the farmer.

“I know.” James replied. Abigail stared at the raven-haired boy with a funny look.

“What?!” Sebastian exclaimed. “Are you trying to be a hypocrite?”

“Nah, I’m not!” Abigail giggled. “I need to get off from this dress.”

“…As I have to go back to my usual clothes.” James agreed. “I need to feed my servitor and her boyfriend.”

“Hey!” Jade shouted, but the couple was already in the farmer’s bedroom.

“Uh… Jade? May I ask you one thing?” Her boyfriend asked as his eyes were glued to the TV screen, displaying the action of the videogame they were playing.

“What’s up?” Jade asked back.

“What kind of guy was James?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, look. He seemed to be a happy-go-lucky guy who hid so many things from us before you came. He claims that he told us the entirety of your guys’ truths about the past, but…”

“But?”

“…I don’t think he’s scratched the surface. How was his life as a Supersoldier?” Hearing this, Jade gave a pause, making Sebastian doubt his question. “I’m sorry, did I say something wrong? Uh… do the past memories hurt?”

“Seb, it’s okay. I don’t care about it, anyway.” Jade assured.” To be honest, I don’t know why James acts like it’s such a big deal.” She gave a sigh. “He was trained to be a combat engineer.”

“Does that explain how he made his shotgun?” Sebastian asked.

“Yeah. He had the knowledge to build a particle cannon out of household items. He… he wasn’t so good at training, though. He had trouble concentrating during his superiors’ speeches. Other than that, he was a genius.”

“When did you first meet him?”

“I first met him when he was nine and I was recently fitted with cybernetics. He was getting beaten up by our commissars during then. Over the years, I started to feel bad for him as he had a hard time following orders, as said before. I was surprised that he wasn’t executed when…”

“Whoa, EXECUTION?!” Sebastian exclaimed.

“Didn’t he tell you that last year?”

“He did, but he didn’t mention about himself!”

“I guess.” Jade shrugged. “Anyway, he was nearly executed for not being about to finish a ten kilometer sprint in time. He was last place. In other words, James is the slowest Supersoldier in record.”

“…But he’s so fast!” Sebastian said.

“You haven’t seen the others… like me. The commissars thought that his cybernetics had malfunctions. That was when he was shot in the stomach for the sixth time.”

“SHOT?!” Sebastian exclaimed again, shocked.

“Yeah. We were shot whenever we did something that dissatisfied our superiors.” Jade replied, partially lifting her red shirt, revealing her stomach with four bullet wounds. “He has twenty.”

“Holy cow… does it hurt?” Sebastian asked as he rubbed a wound. Jade shook her head in response.

“Anyway, he was a really good friend with a guy called Soldier 14. I think his name was… something that starts with ‘L’… Oh yeah, Lys! He was the fastest supersoldier to ever be captured. Every superior liked him for how cold-hearted he was and how good he followed their orders. He showed his soft sopt to James and they became best friends.” Jade continued.

“I remember James saying that you were his ex?” Sebastian asked as he heard muffled giggles from James’s room. “What the hell is going on over there?”

“Let’s not think about that. You’re right, though. I am his ex. When he was sixteen and I was fifteen, his superiors thought that he was sleeping during a speech. He was sentenced to death and was shot for the eighteenth time. I knew that he had a tendency to blink slowly, which makes people think he was drowsy. I saved him. That’s how we got together for a year.” Sebastian nodded in response. When Jade finished talking, James and Abigail exited their room with rosy cheeks and in indoor clothes.

“What the hell were you guys doing?” Sebastian asked.

“That’s classified.” James replied, winking as he walked into the kitchen.

“First meal of Abigail’s new home, coming up!” James called as he lowered down plates of salmon meal on the dining table. Sebastian, Jade and Abigail sat down on their chairs and dug into their food. As James followed, however, his phone rang. “I… it’s Maru.” James said, looking at Sebastian.

“Oh my god… what the hell does she want from us?” Sebastian grunted.

“Worst of all, it’s videochat.”

“I’m out.” Sebastian said as he left his seat and walked away. Shrugging, James accepted the call, revealing Maru on the screen.

“Hello?” Maru called.

“I hear you.” James replied.

“Oh, hey James! I uh… just want to ask you something.” James nodded, awaiting the question. “First, congratulations for your marriage!”

“Yeah, thanks.”

“Okay, now for the real question: Are you free tomorrow?”

“I am, but why?”

“My dad wants to research your cybernetic arm. He’s apparently fascinated by how many functions it can do.”

“Are you sure it’s not because of how it can life heavy objects and how it can hit hard?”

“Maybe. He didn’t tell a proper reason. Can you come at 1 PM? Thanks!”

“Sure can do. Bye, Maru.” James said as he ended the call. “Seb, it’s done! You have four seconds before I empty your plate!” He called. Within a second, Sebastian ran back to the table, holding a fork tightly. The feast continued until everybody’s bellies were full.

“Want to play a four-player multiplayer?” Abigail asked. “My laptop is ready.”

“Alright, then!” James said as he moved all of the plates into the sink.

The morning of the next day was signaled even though the sky was still indigo in color. James moved Abigail from his chest and woke up. “Good morning, Fenrir.” He said as he petted his Feral Deceiver on her head.

Last night’s hunt was perfect. Fenrir said.

“Really? How so?” James asked as he started wearing his clothes.

I caught the attention of a pack of wolves.

“Whoa, wolves?!”

Yes. We hunted together until they thought of me as their leader. Of course, I rejected the offer.

“I see. Come on, Fenrir. We have work…” James stopped when he opened the door to find a large black feline creature with green glowing eyes staring at him with an intimidating look. There were three giant spines on its back that had glowing trails of green. Horrified, James slowly backed away, trying to reach for his Galaxy Sword. He found it on his desk and ignited it, only to find Fenrir jumping in front of the creature and face it on the eye with determination. ‘Why isn’t she transforming?’ James thought.

Garfield, what in the name of Yoba are you doing? Fenrir’s voice shouted. A masculine voice resembling a smirk ringed on James’s mind as the black creature started to shrink. The creature revealed itself to be Garfield, Jade’s cat.

I needed a source of entertainment. Garfield replied.

You will wake Abigail up! Fenrir scolded.

“Onyx, to be honest, since Fenrir first transformed, I knew that you were also a Feral Deceiver. But please, don’t transform inside the house. Does Jade know about all of this?” James asked the cat.

She does not. Perhaps one day, I shall show her who I really am. Garfield answered, walking away. I need to urinate. I am sick and tired of this… so-called litter box. Shrugging, James walked out of his room followed by Fenrir. The room was slightly brighter than when he woke up.

Farm work was still the same as yesterday. None of his plants were fully grown yet, meaning that all that was needed was watering. The newly placed sprinklers took care of it. James smiled at how machines did his job as he worked with the animals. When James entered one of his two coops, he witnessed something… unorthodox. Right beside Antares was something dark in color. “Can you move aside, Antares?” James asked, tapping on the chicken’s wing. Antares moved aside to reveal the object. “What the hell?” The farmer questioned himself as he inspected the object. It was black and had red spots on it. It was warm when he rubbed it on his cheek. When he sat down to investigate further, Rigel, Arcturus, Sirius, Centauri and Betelgeuse (His other chickens) gathered up around him, staring at the egg. ‘I’ll have to investigate this further.’ James thought as he left the coop with the strange egg, not forgetting to open the sliding door for the chickens to go outside. James was immediately greeted by Jade, who was holding a basket full of eggs.

“I thought you were working on that coop?” Jade asked. “Anyway, what the hell is that?”

“This?” James asked, pointing at the black egg. “I found Antares roosting this. No idea where this came from, though. It’s warm to touch.” He explained as he pressed the egg on his chin.

“It’s not one of those magical stuff that you and the crazy purple man are fond of, is it?” Jade frowned. James shrugged to say that he had no idea. Just as the farmer duo headed for the barn to check on their mammalian friends, Sebastian greeted them from behind.

“Oh hey, Seb. Didn’t expect you this early.” James said.

“Couldn’t find Jade next…” Sebastian paused, giving a gasp. “…IS THAT A VOID EGG?!” He exclaimed, pointing at the black egg on James’s hand.

“This? That’s what it’s called?” James asked.

“Y…yes! Oh my god, I never expected you to have one! Do you have a void chicken?!” Sebastian asked as he ran inside the coop. He came out with a sigh. “…you don’t.”

“What the hell are you talking about? Why are you so happy about this?”

“It… it’s because I like strange things… and… and… they’re delicious!”

“O…kay?”

“May I have it? Seeing that you’re not interested in it?” Sebastian eagerly asked, holding out both of his hands. James smirked as he shook his head.

“Nah. I wanna see what comes from this. I think I can earn good money with this.” Sebastian sighed by the response. “Hey, I’ll promise that I’ll give you one, if whatever come out of the egg doesn’t kill me. Deal?”

“Deal!” Sebastian instantly replied.

“Alright, then. I’ll prepare breakfast after I deal with the cows and goats.” James concluded as he and Jade walked into the barn.

The two couples; the newlywed James-Abigail couple and the Jade-Sebastian couple spent the rest of the morning playing videogames on their computers until the clock struck one. “Seb, let’s go.” James said followed by Sebastian’s grunt.

“May I follow?” Abigail asked.

“Sure, if you’re willing to haul some wood and stone!” James replied.

“I’m in.”

“Very well.” James said, disconnecting from the game server. After some preparations, the two couples exited Cerulean Farm from the north and headed their way up the mountain. The cybernetic farmers each carried a wheelbarrow filled with high quality hardwood and stones. As soon as the couples entered the Carpenter’s Shop, they were immediately greeted by Robin and Demetrius, but the dark-skinned scientist completely ignored his stepson and his girlfriend and shook the hand of James and his wife.

“Good to see you, Mr. Suh.” Demetrius greeted.

“No need for formality, Mr. Callahan.” James replied with a fake smile, seeing how he didn’t greet Sebastian, but decided to ignore it. “Right now, I need to make some business about my farm.” He added, staring at Robin. Sebastian and Jade gave him a fist bump before entering the raven-haired boy’s basement room.

“Alright, then! Maru and I will be waiting in the laboratory at the back. Tell me when you’re ready!” The scientist said as he walked away from James, Abigail and Robin.

“Well, you said that you had business with me, right?” Robin asked behind the counter.

“Right. I do, in fact. I has to do with… horses.” James replied.

“A stable?!” Robin exclaimed.

“…Is there a problem?” Abigail asked.

“N…no, but I’ve never built one before.” Robin replied. “This is new to me.”

“I see.” James replied, nodding. “…so how much is it?”

“I… I haven’t decided the price. Is… 10000 Galleons okay?” Smiling, James placed double the mount on the counter, making Robin gasp.

“TWO?!” Robin exclaimed. James nodded in response.

“Can you start work by today? I have the materials outside.”

“O… of course! I’ll be there in a jiffy! It’s a pleasure doing business!” Robin stuttered as she bolted for the tools wardrobe.

“I wonder why she’s like that.” Abigail asked.

“No idea.” James shrugged. “Come on, let’s go. Demetrius is waiting for us.” He added as he walked to the laboratory.

The couple was greeted by Maru and Demetrius who were preparing some kind of apparatus that resembled a strap on a wooden plank. There was a long chair at the middle of the room that resembled a dentists’ chair. There were two drawers filled to the brim with chemicals and biological agents. A pile of graph paper was organized on the counter next to the microscopes. “Take a seat.” Demetrius said to James, pointing at the chair.

“Where should I sit?” Abigail asked.

“You may sit on my chair.” Maru replied, standing up from her chair. She then proceeded to brin ghte apparatus to James. “Can you roll you right sleeve up?”

“Sure.” James replied as he revealed his cybernetic arm. Demetrius then proceeded to strap his arm on the apparatus with metallic cuffs. “W…what are you doing?”

“Calm down, James. This is all part of the test.” Maru assured. Swallowing the saliva in his mouth, James nodded as the father and daughter started their work. Demetrius and Maru handled their tools as they cut samples, extracted repair nanobots and added them on microscopes and dropped chemical agents on them.

“These truly are interesting properties!” Demetrius remarked, taking a look at the sample.

“I can’t believe I would be seeing a nanobot up this close!”Maru added.

“These are all top secret Gotoro weaponry. You two are probably the first two to see them up this close.” James replied.

“Make it three!” Abigail chirped as Maru approached James with a pair of wires connected to a capacitor.

“I’m going to test what happens if I induce certain amount of electricity on your arm.” Maru replied, making Abigail frown.

“Let’s do it.” James replied. Nodding, Maru proceeded to place the two clips that were on the wire on his cybernetic arm, completing the circuit. A very loud zap followed, and James gave a very large jolt of pain.

“Maru, are you sure this is a 30 Joule capacitor?!” Demetrius analyzed the now discharged capacitor, revealing it to be a 3000 Joule.

“James, are you okay?!” Maru and Abigail exclaimed, checking on the farmer, who was hyperventilating.

“I… I don’t know, but… my arm… Aaaargh!!” James groaned. Everyone stared at his arm to find it shaking violently, still locked in the apparatus. Demetrius and Maru tried to suppress the arm, but its strength was too much for the two.

“James? What should we do?!” Abigail asked, frantically.

“Something’s… happening…” James grunted. Suddenly, his arm started to make whirring sounds as the hand moved upwards. From the gap that formed from the movement of the hand came out three long triangular barrels. Once the barrels locked into place, they started to spin rapidly. “Gaah!! WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?!?!” James creamed as bright yellow light emanated from the three barrels followed by loud rapid gunshots. Everybody ducked for cover as the transformed cybernetic arm uncontrollably fired away at the tiled wall. When the gunshots seemed to have stopped and the dust settled, Robin, Sebastian and Jade ran to the lab to see what was happening.

“W…what happened?!” Robin asked. Demetrius, Mari and Abigail stood up to look around the mess they were in.

“I.. I don’t know.” James replied, panting. “Beside, what the hell is this?” He added, looking at his cybernetic arm.

“It looks like a minigun.” Sebastian said, seeing that the barrels were still spinning.

“Maybe. How the hell did I now know about this? James asked himself. He then looked at where his minigun was aiming at. “I… good thing that the chemicals are unharmed.”

“Yeah.” Maru replied. Suddenly, as his arm transformed back, something flashed in James’s mind. They were memories, but they weren’t nightmares of his past. They rather… resembled things that were drawn in graph paper. The memories were blue. More and more started to flow into his head.

“Release me, hurry!” James said. Nodding, Maru and Demetrius unstrapped his cybernetic arm. “Give me some graph paper and a pencil.” Immediately, the scientist’s daughter handed him what he had requested. James grabbed the pencil and started drawing something paper after paper. Everybody stared at the papers filled with sophisticated drawings that the farmer drew. “Oh my god.” James said, analyzing what he had just drawn.

“What are these?” Abigail asked.

“Th… they have been storing the entire Gotoro Empire’s military schematics and designs in my head.”

• ApertureGaming011

Chapter 42! I really planned to add a horse in the Cerulean Arsenal. Here it is, then!

“What do you mean?” Maru asked.

“All of the blueprints of the war machines of the enemy… in my head…” James continued.

“James, we need explanations!” Robin said.

“I think I know what he’s talking about.” Jade intervened, drawing everybody’s attention to her. “See this?” She asked, taking a paper with an armored vehicle drawn on it. “This is the blueprint of the armored personnel carrier that the Gotoro Empire is currently using for the war that’s going on right now.” She then picked up another that had a cybernetic arm drawn, but each part labeled. “This is the model CVX-051, or the cybernetic arm that I’m having. Seeing James’s one and this drawing, he definitely doesn’t have this.”

“So… what does this mean?” Abigail asked. Maru started to look at the blueprints with wide opened eyes.

“I can’t believe it! This is every engineer’s dream! Dad, take a look at this!” Maru said as she showed a blueprint of a bipedal utility vehicle to Demetrius.

“This sure looks useful.” Demetrius said. “Maru, I’m sure that these will help you in building your gadgets! James, we can’t thank you enough!” The farmer, however, wasn’t so enthusiastic. He was rather angry by the reaction.

“Are you stupid?!” James shouted, making Demetrius’ smile disappear. “Do you know what these are?! DIDN’T YOU HEAR WHAT JADE EXPLAINED?!” He bellowed. “These are the blueprints that explain EVERY single detail of the killing machines of that evil Empire! Yet here you are, despite knowing that MILLIONS of people are dying, all you are is about small and USELESS gadgets!” He thundered, fury tormenting his sanity.

“So? What are you going to do with these?” Robin asked, trying to cut the dispute. Calming down, James opened his mouth.

“It’s about time I end this war. I’m going to submit these to the country’s defense bureau.”

“James, you’ll be arrested for war crimes if you just do that!” Abigail exclaimed.

“Who said that I’m gonna go there myself?! All I need is a trusted, high-rand officer of the Ferngill Armed Forces.” Everybody paused to think. What was he talking about? Robin’s mind snapped as if she found out something, like an answer.

“Kent?” Robin asked. James snapped his finger.

“That’s right, Mrs. Callahan. He may still be suspicious about me, but I’m sure that these will relieve his tensions.” The farmer replied. “As said before, too many people have died. If these are the answers to the quick end of the war and peace, I’ll use it.”

“Well, what are we waiting for?!” Abigail exclaimed, but her husband stopped her.

“First things first, I want to… uh… utilize some of these. Like this one.” James said as he showed the people the blueprint of the bipedal combat vehicle.

“Aren’t those autocannons on its arms?” Jade asked, making James take a look at the blueprint again.

“Whoops.” He apologized as he retrieved the right paper. “If I can find a way to build one of these, I will be able to… uh… haul heavy loads to people.” He said as he took a look at his surroundings. Everything was in chaos with broken chips of the wall tiles and broken chemical beakers. “I… I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine. What matters the most is the discovery of all of this.” Demetrius assured. “Is it okay if I ask you to photocopy these?” He pointed at the blueprints.

“Sure.” James replied.

James, Abigail and Jade returned to Cerulean Farm with heaps of graph paper that James drew. Robin stuck close to the group with her tools. As soon as they arrived, the James-Abigail couple started unboxing Abigail’s things and moved them into their room, which used to be quite empty. Jade, meanwhile, helped Robin build the stabled. “Jadey?” Robin asked.

“Yes, ma’am?” Jade asked as she glanced at the blueprints of the stable.

“I understand that you want horses, but do you know how to get them?”

“Doesn’t Marnie sell them? I mean, I want to get rabbits from her, but James won’t let me!” Jade whined.

“I’m sure he’ll let you. If he doesn’t listen, you know who to call!” Robin laughed, winking. She started to hammer down the infrastructure of the stable with Jade following.

“You mean Sebby?” Jade asked.

“Oh, you know me so well.” Robin replied, howling with laughter. Jade followed along. Just as the first stable was completed, James exited the house with a saucepan.

“Hello, humans!” James called out. “Whoa, you guys work fast.” He said with a small gasp as he stared at the finished stable. “Anyway, I have brought you two your favorite.” He said as he opened the lid of the saucepan, revealing mouth watering spaghetti Aglio E Olio inside.

“Hey, how did you know this was my favorite?!” Robin asked, gasping in delight.

“Your son and his girlfriend were great contributors.” James replied, handing the carpenter a fork. “To be honest, looking at any form of pasta gives me the chills.”

“What?! Why?!” Robin exclaimed, horrified.

“We two ate the same type of pasta for twelve years. How is this such a big deal to you, James?” Jade intervened.

“Because, Jade, food there was given to only make us obey orders better!” James raised his voice.

“That doesn’t mean that the one you’ve made here makes us do that!” Jade replied, her voice rising too.

“Look, I may not know how you lived your life at GORGON, but the superiors poured salt in my plate, making my meals inedible just to make an excuse to beat me up!” James shouted.

“WHY THE HELL ARE YOU OVERREACTING?!” Jade screamed. Fury rising, James was ready to punch her with his cybernetic arm. He was ready to fight when…

“YOU TWO STOP FIGHTING, NOW!!!” A screamed startled both farmers. Robin had dropped her tools and screamed at the commotion. “James, Jade is right. You overreact about whatever happened to you. The past is the past, James! Forget about it! Do you really want it to haunt your life and affect your future?! Just forget about it and you don’t have to frown again!” Jade nodded at the carpenter’s words. Just as James apologized, Abigail rushed out of the house.

“What happened?” Abigail asked.

“It’s nothing, sweetie.” Robin said to the farmer’s wife, rage now non-existent. “Can you get us two more forks? It’s time to help your husband get rid of one of his fears.”

“O…kay? Sure.” Abigail complied as she walked back into the house.

As soon as James at his first pasta after a whole year, he, Jade and Abigail set off to the Lannisters’ Ranch to see some horses. “How do you think riding a horse will be like?” Abigail asked her husband.

“I think it’ll be like riding Fenrir.” James whispered.

“Maybe. I just can’t forget that night.” Abigail replied as Jade knocked on the ranch door. Marnie opened it with a smile.

“Come in! I’ve heard from Robin that you need horses for your stables!” The ranch owner pulled the three people in the building. She then escorted them to a large ranch with approximately a dozen horses in their pens. “Now, how many of you know how to ride a horse?” No hands rose. James was asking himself silently if he should raise his because riding on Fenrir was basically like riding on a horse. With nervousness, he raised his hand. “Everybody except James? Okay! Nothing to be worried about!”

“Are you going to teach us how to ride one?” Abigail asked, excited.

“Of course! Now, you and Jade follow me while James?”

“Yes, Ma’am?”

“You may choose from these horses! Their names are written on their tags.” James nodded as he saw Marnie lead Abigail and Jade out of the ranch. With the three women gone, James looked around. Most of the horses showed no interest to him. Three in the other hand, stared at the farmer. He walked around the corridor with walls of horses until he reached the end where there was a pen with something unusual inside. James saw that the pen housed a relatively thin black horse with red eyes. As he approached the pen, the horse gave a grunt of annoyance and looked away.

‘Why is this horse acting so hostile?’ James thought as he continued to approach the horse. When the horse backed away to the corner, it tried to avoid the farmer’s contact with failure. James lightly touched the horse’s face with his left hand. As soon as he touched the horse, however, something flashed in his mind. Startled, he let go of the animal. What was this sensation? He tried again. This time, he heard a voice never heard before. He felt something similar somewhere. He remembered that it was the very sensation that he received when he made first contact with Fenrir and Garfield. ‘No… wait… could this horse be a Feral Deceiver?

How did you know? A voice ringed in James’s mind. The farmer knew where it was from: The horse.

“I can sense it.” James replied. “Now tell me, why are you avoiding me?”

What’s the point of throwing away my hostility when I have not enough to live? The horse replied.

“Wait, you’re planned to be brought down? Why?”

I don’t know! The horse said, neighing. By its words, James’s mind swarmed with thoughts. He was looking at a Feral Deceiver other than Fenrir and Onyx. It is destined to die probably due to its rebellious nature. He couldn’t let a mythical creature die. Sealing his determination, James opened his mouth.

“Hey, I happen to be looking for horses. I know a thing or two about Feral Deceivers because I befriended two of them.” His words seemed to have drawn the interest of the horse. “Let me spare your life and be friends. Come on.” After a pause, the horse approached the pen gate.

We’ll see. I will have to test you, however.

“I’m ready.” James nodded as Marnie approached him.

“Are you still choosing your horse?” Marnie asked. The horse glared at her with a menacing look. “Don’t worry about him. I plan to put him to rest. Harvey says that it has an untreatable disorder.” James could immediately pick the lie in her words. Shaking his head, he pointed at the horse with his thumb.

“Marnie, I want this horse.” James said.

“W… what?! Are you out of your mind?” James shook his head. “I mean, look. It was never kind to people and always trampled on whoever was interested on it. Are you sure you’re okay with it?”

“Marnie, please. I know that there is a warm heart in that horse. Just… let me try riding on it.” James stood his ground. A long pause followed when Marnie gave a sigh of defeat.

“Alright. I’ll see what you can do with him. Just be careful, alright?” Marnie asked, opening the pen gate and handed the farmer a rein.

“I’ll take care of it.” James assured as he placed the rein on the horse.

The horse lead James to the open field outside where Jade and Abigail were practicing on riding their horses. Jade was riding a white horse while James’s wife was mounting the dark red one. Jade had extreme difficulty trying to hold on to the horse while Abigail seemed to have gotten used to the fast trots of her horse. “Hey, Robo-Honey!” Abigail chirped when she saw her husband being pulled by a thin black horse.

“Hey, Abby! You seem to have already got the hang of that horse!” James complemented. Abigail gave him a disarming smile as she ordered her horse to trot faster. “What’s the test?” The farmer asked the horse.

Mount me and you’ll see. The horse replied.

“Alright, then.” James shrugged as he mounted the black horse. “Alright, what now?” Just as he finished speaking, the horse gave out a loud neigh and started to gallop around in circles uncontrollably. “Whoa, what the hell?!” James exclaimed as the horse tried to forcefully pull the farmer off of its back. Determination peaking, James held onto the horse with all his might. ‘Thank god for cybernetics’ He thought as his legs and right arm clenched on the saddle as hard as it could. An eternity passed when the horse started to show signals of slowing down. ‘Is he exhausted?’ The farmer asked himself as the horse came to a stop.

I’m impressed. Not to mention surprised The horse spoke.

“What do you mean?” James asked, fighting off the dizziness.

No human has ever gone this far.

“Does that mean that I’m worthy of your trust?”

Yes. You have passed my test. James felt as if he had passed an SAT examination with full marks. He had befriend the third Feral Deceiver!

“That’s awesome! Does that mean I get to tell you where to go?” James asked.

Go ahead. The Feral Deceiver replied as it gave a grunt. Nodding, James a small tug forwards with his rein. Surprisingly, the horse followed. It trotted towards the direction that the farmer pointed.

“I can get a hang of this.” James said as he pointed at multiple directions while the horse followed each and every one of them. After a few movements, James dismounted the horse. “Hey, I already like you. I think you’ll get along well with my other two Feral Deceivers. Say, do you have a name?” He asked.

Feral Deceivers don’t have names. You know this. The horse replied.

“Right. I named the two so I could call them in times of need. Do you mind if I name you something?”

I don’t mind. James thought for a while. What name would fit him? As he rummaged through his imagination, one particular word lingered in his mind. Yes. That would be perfect for a Feral Deceiver like this horse.

“Hyperion.” James simply said.