Fanfiction and NaNoWriMo

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by lmizutani, Oct 27, 2017.

1. lmizutani

lmizutani Space Spelunker

Hello,

Just about the time when I started playing Stardew Valley, I discovered that a number of people already have posted (and some even completed) fanfics on Fanfiction.net and AO3. I'm new to the Fanfiction game myself - having only started reading them this year (first reading those related to Yumeiro Patissiere, then Special A, then (and still reading) Shugo Chara and Kaichou wa Maid Sama - all Japanese animes from 2008 or so to 2012).

So with NaNoWriMo coming on the horizon in a few days (National Novel Writing Month where people go writing mad - 50,000 words in 30 days), I am thinking of taking the Stardew Valley universe and create a character specifically geared to play as the MC of my NaNo. Create my own new farming experience. Interactions with the villagers may or may not be the same as in the game...

I may write here as I go or I may just save and edit and possibly post sometime next year (after National Novel Finishing month of December and National Novel Editing Month of January :p).

And as an aside, I'm also treating this as a partial therapeutic writing exercise for personal reasons.

Am I really going off the rails or what? I already know I am a little crazy with the NaNo thing... :)

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

oooh, have fun!
      nano is a really good way to get started with new ideas, or get yourself out of a rut. i'm prob gonna do that with my fanfic too.

i wish you the best and look forward to seeing what you have!