Other [Fanfic] Stardust (Finished!)

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Satashi26, Mar 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. EvilPoptart81

EvilPoptart81 Cosmic Narwhal

Brb lost in a sea of emotions after this chapter. Had to read it twice because it was just that good.

• Satashi26

Satashi26 Phantasmal Quasar

But is good, yes? :D

• EvilPoptart81

• Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

What have I done, pulling off that scene RIGHT BEFORE the chapter is out!
        Too much of coincidents around, perhap?
        Anyways, I will keep reading, and maybe start over to recall what I have missed so far.
        Great job as always, @Satashi26!

• ConfusedChicken

ConfusedChicken Void-Bound Voyager

DAYUM! Did not see all that coming! That was intense. Also, that drawing? So good.

• Jokulhaup

Jokulhaup Tentacle Wrangler

Oh hey you managed to resolve the mindwiping thing in one chapter. I was getting a bit anxious as the chapter was coming to a close and Kim was just getting worse. I have bad experience with Satori cliffhangers, after all (NANOHA IS STILL BLIND YOU TWERPLORD).

Good stuff, lotsa emotions and feels like they're actually starting to work on some potential issues from their relationship instead of just pushing them back to resolve "later."

Great update, keep up the awesome work!

• Satashi26

@Jokulhaup Hey~ Yeah I didn't want it to carry on for too terribly long. Not like I make characters go blind and leave them that way or anything >: 3 I'm glad you liked it!

Pudassassin and Jokulhaup like this.
              • FranklinZ

FranklinZ Astral Cartographer

But...It's Penny's cookingD: doesn't make sense
                Other than that,exciting chapter

Tsukuru and Pudassassin like this.
                • Tsukuru

Tsukuru Pangalactic Porcupine

Just when I'm done complimenting your writing, @Satashi26 ... You just got gotten (^:

• Satashi26

I wasn't surprised when I saw Abigail walking toward my house as the sun broke over the mountains. She had been coming over for quite a while now to work the fields with me all day. After avoiding her house for almost a solid week, she finally went home to find a… less than pleasant atmosphere. Although luckily everything was fine between herself and her dad, Caroline was a different story. I hated it for the girl, but it was unavoidable at some point in Abigail's life. At least the marriage was still there, if just a bit shaky. All in all, it meant Abigail looking to progress her own life than anything else.

Stardust XVIII

By: Satashi

"Good morning," Abigail greeted as she came into the house. "Wow what's that smell?"

I leaned back in my chair and smiled at her. "That is my new maid cooking for me!"

"Maid!?" Abigail came over to look in the kitchen where Penny was very happily cooking a massive breakfast. "Oh, hi there Penny!...Cooking?" She looked a little skeptical all of a sudden.

Penny glanced over at her with a slight disappointed look. "Good morning Abigail. Don't worry, I've been practicing a whole lot lately." She smiled. "Kim told me you would probably come by, so I made enough for you too."

Abigail sat down next to me and raised an eyebrow. "Penny stays over on Fridays," I told her before she could come up with anything on her own. "And after me denying her several times, she finally talked me into letting her just take on a overnight maid job in return for letting her stay. I gave her permission to use my farm anytime she needed as payment and refused to let her clean my place unless she actually took things from the fields."

"Sounds… complicated." Abigail smiled lightly.

With a giggle, I waved it off. "We settled it out. I still think I come up way ahead, but that's how it is. This is the… third week?"

"Fourth I think?" Penny asked curiously. As she thought, her hands went on auto pilot. Before long Abigail and I both had a large plate of food and Penny sat down with us as well. We ate slowly, talking randomly about the week's events, what was going on in town currently, how the weather was actually cold at night now, and the upcoming Jellyfish event that the whole town gathered for. It would be my first time, and was pretty excited to see it.

When breakfast was over, Penny shooed us out of the house and we got to work. My new cherry wood tools were still super smooth, and the blades at the tips were a very refined steel. The tip of my hoe was lined with iridium, and sliced through even hard clay with only one or two swings. As we worked, I explained the few tips and tricks I knew to Abigail so she could properly work alongside me. Granted, I wasn't really a pro at farming yet, but I knew enough to really set her on her way.

As the morning progressed, we managed to start seeing what our hard work was actually doing. I now had plots clearly defined and lined with rows ready to be planted. An old well was painstakingly fixed up by Robin, allowing me to water my crops by hand a lot faster and easier. Almost half my farmland looked like it was in full function again, and with the constant practice of my magic, I just knew I could grow and harvest just like my Grandpa did back when he was here.

It was really hard to believe that I had already been here for around seven and a half months. It seemed like just the other day I was in this very field, meeting Abigail for the first time. The memory made me laugh, calling her attention. "What's so funny?" She asked me, wiping sweat from her face.

"Just this." I motioned around. "We met here, you were swinging a sword around and cut my nose!" I tapped my nose and she looked positively flustered. "Back then I was terrified of all this… My field was a wreck, I had no money, I didn't know anyone, and I was really questioning that little cabin I call home. Now…" I looked around again. "You're here with me, I have half this place working again, I've met so many people, and heck Robin's replaced so much wood in my house I'm not sure it's the same place anymore."

"Yeah…" Abigail leaned against her shovel and thought about it. "Even me back then… I was rash and very impulsive… I couldn't even gather the courage to step foot inside the mines, let alone join the guild. Then I came across you, and lied my ass off. I got us in serious trouble and yet…" She smiled over at me. "You never really called me out on it. You just told me to keep going and not to give up. In fact, we made a promise then!" She looked as if she just remembered it, and truthfully I had forgotten as well.

"You'll be a well known adventurer and I'll be a knowledgeable farmer." I spoke it aloud. "Now here we are. You're a mage, pretty powerful, have been trained, and are so strong you even get punished pretty severely for stepping out of line."

"But still really weak compared to others. I'm hardly valuable yet. But you, look at this place." she motioned around now. "This was covered in grass so high you could hide in it! There were rocks and pebbles and tree stumps, saplings, and who knows what else. Now it's fertile farm land again. With no machinery either, just hard work and dedication."

"Yet I still have a long way to go. From here on out I not only have to progress like I have been, but each plot I open up is one more I have to take care of while still doing everything else… I'll hit my limit before long, and I think I'm already there."

"But you have help now." Abigail cheerfully fired back at me. "Even though I'll be working again in a few weeks, I can still help out here… Maybe two days a week. If I do that, then you could start taking weekends off."

"But you work too."

"So does Leah." Abigail started going again, trying to uproot a sapling. "She could do her artsy stuff most of the week and help out every now and then too."

I tried to figure out why she would say that. "What are you getting at, Abby?"

Abigail paused again and took a breath. "I'm not saying I'm completely okay with it yet, but… You know, the thing with my family…" She started trying to uproot the little tree again, in earnest this time. "Just because dad isn't my real dad, doesn't mean he's not my dad… you know?" I nodded and waited for her to continue. "So… even though the situation is weird, we're still family… Maybe…" She hesitated and then looked at me for real. "Maybe this weird little poly thing can actually work?"

I didn't know what to say at that moment. A huge wave of relief washed over me, paired with several other emotions that all happened at the same time. Not being able to form any words, I simply moved over to her and gave Abigail a very tight hug. "…Thank you."

The girl let her shovel fall and hugged me back just as tight. "I-I expect a lot of attention." I nodded at her several times. "And… And I might get jealous at first until I'm used to it…" Again, a nod. "Just be honest with me… always."

I pulled back and smiled, resting my forehead against hers. "Always. I promise."

"…I'm not really good at things like this." She admitted, looking down a little shyly. "I'm kind of hard headed, and a little bit of a pervert… That okay?"

"Of course."

"Then…" She cleared her throat. "Kim, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course!" I hugged her again, burying my face against her neck. "Oh thank Yoba, it's finally over… We have to tell Leah!"

"One thing before that?" Abigail asked as we parted.

"Yeah, anything." She stepped forward and kissed me. It was a little aggressive, her hands grabbing around my waist and pulling me close. I didn't know what to think at first, but returned it shortly after. The kiss turned into two, and then three. Finally, the girl in my arms pulled me closer and opened up her mouth to mine. I felt my knees give out a little and leaned on her for support. My eyes were closed and I lost myself in the light taste in my mouth and soft tongue as we clumsily tried to figure out how to properly do it. After what seemed like several minutes, a soft voice cleared their throat beside us. We pulled apart slowly and looked over to see Leah smiling at us with a hand on her hip.

"Well," she spoke as we both blushed darkly. "I know Kim would tell me the bad news before making out with you, so I'm assuming it's a good thing?"

Abigail held my hand and waved it lightly towards Leah. "I just asked her to be my girlfriend, she said yes… soooo." She let go of my hand and placed it on my butt, pushing me towards Leah. "Your turn."

I smiled up at Leah, as she was a bit taller than me. The artist looked exceptionally proud at that moment, and gave me a soft, gentle hug. "I'll do everything I can for you, okay?" I nodded in the hug and held onto her. "It'll be a little weird at first, but I have faith in all of us." We pulled apart slightly and she caressed my cheek with her palm. "I'm so glad I met you, my little piece of art." I blushed darkly at the compliment and fluttered my eyes closed as she moved in to kiss me gently. It was different than Abigail's, but felt the same deep inside me. She was gentle, pulling me in and making me melt with how careful she was in expressing herself. After a few moments, she pulled back and smiled happily at me. "And I just came over to say hi, too. Wow!"

"So," Abigail clapped her hands together once and walked over to up. "Leah." We parted and Abigail stood in front of her. "I hope this won't be awkward, but…" She reached up and wrapped her hands around Leah's neck, leaning up and forward to kiss her soundly. Leah's eyes widened and I held back a gasp, hand over my mouth. After several moments, Abigail pulled back and I saw her tongue retract back into her mouth. "Wow… you taste a little like sawdust…"

Leah tried to gather herself. "I… Wow, Abigail!" She fanned herself and laughed lightly. "Uhm… Just to be clear here, I'm not weirded out or anything but… you know we're just sharing Kim's love, so you and I don't have to… you know."

"We…don't?" Abigail looked like a deer caught in headlights as both myself and Leah shook our heads. "Oh! I mean of course we don't! That'd be silly! Hahahahah!" she turned away and hung her head. "I'll just go die now."

Leah laughed teasingly and hugged the girl from behind. "Hey, thank you. It really means a lot that you were willing to go that extra step."

Abigail sighed and looked back at the braided girl. "Sorry if I made you uncomfortable."

"Not at all." Leah gave Abigail a light kiss to her forehead. "We have to be really open to make this work. Besides…" She looked over at me and grinned before whispering something in Abigail's ear that I couldn't make out.

Abigail turned a dark crimson and looked at Leah as if she had just suggested that we all strip naked and go skinny dipping at the beach. "Y-yeah, I guess we eventually would…"

Leah shrugged and blushed a little as well. The purple haired girl exhaled and tried to clear her head. "Okay! That comes later. Now, here we are… so what now?"

"Nothing?" I suggested simply. "It's not like we've really been avoiding things, right? Now we are just official?" The way they both looked at me made me second guess myself. "…Right?"

Leah answered first. "Honestly? I still really want to draw and paint you more. I've held back a little to let Abigail get some more time with you, but now that we're official…" She made a cute face. "Come over, strip, and lay on my bed sometime?"

I laughed at that. "Okay, you got it. Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow is great!" Leah cheered. "I'll prepare this time!"

I giggled lightly. "Abby? Are you holding back?"

"Uhm…"

Leah poked her. "Honesty."

Abigail nodded and looked back over at me, a little shy. "Uhm… selfies? Like… the naked kind?"

I felt my cheeks burn. "Whoa! I, uhm…okay, wow…"

"I told you I wouldn't stop wanting to see you…"

I blushed even more, almost at a loss for words. "Top only, is that okay?"

"More than!" She answered quickly, excitedly.

I looked away from them, still embarrassed out of my mind. "What is it with you two and wanting to see me naked, geeze…"

Leah snorted and put an arm around me. "You're hot, just accept it. Speaking of, it is hot and I hate the heat. Let's get something to nibble and talk a bit about things?"

"Talking is good." I confirmed, glancing at Abigail.

"Food and chatting it is then." She got on the other side of me and took my hand. Leah grabbed my other and I finally let it sink in that this was now a thing. And I really liked it.

~**~

It was only a few days since we three became a couple, but the word has spread around town like wildfire. I got a few looks from some of the older people in the village, but the ones I had really became close with only gave me teasing smiles. Haley, after visiting her to drop off a request she made on the bullion board, had many questions for me. I spent a good part of my afternoon with her and even helped a bit in her homemade darkroom. The blonde was working hard, and I was impressed. Even her attitude to it had changed and despite being hard work, she looked happy to be doing it herself.

Now I found myself standing in front of my mirror for the fifth time. I had on a dark blue short sleeve shirt with a cartoony sheep on the front. A pair of semi loose jeans covered my legs and of course my bracelet. After turning to observe myself a few times, I sighed and started pulling it off. "I haven't done this in years," I muttered to myself, going through the closet to pick out another outfit. "Mom would have a fit if she saw me…"

Thinking back to my parents was a little odd. They were due for a visit, and I would have to explain my relationship to them. This was not something I was looking forward to and decided to push that off as long as I could. As I got a new outfit, I stood back in front of the mirror and tried to ignore the Junimo who were running all around me and playing on my discarded clothes. "Okay, Kim, once more." I encouraged myself. The bleached white jean shorts were tugged up and buttoned. They accented my butt nicely so I decided right there that I would pair whatever top with them. After that I got a three-quarter sleeve shirt and looked at it. The shirt itself was a light grayish white, and had the words I AM CUTE written on it with a heart in between each word. It was an older shirt, but one of my favorites. After putting it on, I twirled again for myself.

"Not bad." I nodded to myself and looked at my friends. "What do you guys think? Am I cute?" They all waved their arms up and shook them at me, which I took as a good sign. A pair of low top shoes were grabbed and after rooting around for ages trying to find my no-show socks, I put them on. My hair was done up in a ponytail again and I used my favorite scrunchie to keep it in place. "Makeup?" I asked aloud, getting some squeaks and cute sounds.

My supply was woefully short, but was to the point. Pulling back from my days at JoJa corp. I did myself up and added a light touch of lipstick. I then had to do my nails for the first time since I got here, and found some earrings that I had stashed in a small box on the vanity. Now looking again, I realized I was actually cute after all. I hadn't done myself up since I became a farmer, not counting the posing for Leah.

Now that I was ready for the night, I sprayed myself down with some perfume and went outside. It was a little windy, and I had to hold my hair in place so I wouldn't eat it while whistling for Okami. Once my horse came back to me, I hopped on bareback and rode off towards town. The sun would be setting soon, which meant the moonlight jellies would be here soon. I didn't want to miss this for the world, as everyone I knew was talking about it for weeks now.

The ride was a little longer than normal, as we were going to the nearby beach. I stopped a little before the sand and hopped off my horse. Giving him a pat, I told him to have fun exploring the area but not to go too far off. The beach was cool now, and the wind blowing from the ocean made me get instant goose bumps all over my body. I rubbed my arms as I walked, heading over to where Gus was setting up one of his cookers. "Hey There!" I called to him, purposely standing by the grill to steal some of its heat.

"Kim, welcome!" He greeted with a smile. "This is your first time, huh?" I nodded at him and shivered as the wind picked up again for a moment. I had to grab my ponytail as it flung out, almost catching fire from the charcoal burning. "I can tell, you're not dressed for it! This is the last day of summer, it'll be chilly from here on out, and the beach is even worse."

"Noted." I hopped in place a few times, getting a laugh. "I didn't know you would be catering again, I could have given you some stuff to make it easier on you."

"It's mostly meat," He held his hand over the grates to check the heat. "It'll be a while. Why don't you head over to the docks? Willy closes them off to everyone except the townspeople, so we have a front row seat. The tourist generally line the shore. You're more than just a new comer now, you're like family to the town, so you're welcome!"

"Aww, thank you!" I smiled brightly at him. Gus really was a sweetheart. I gave a small wave and moved over to the docks, stepping over the "Pelican Town residents only" sign hanging from a rope around the entrance. Several people were already gathered, including Shane who was leaning against the fishing shop drinking a beer. As I passed him, I reached into his cooler and stole one, giving a wink as I did so. He gave me a snort, but I still saw the corners of his lips twitch upwards as well. Ever since I started giving him and Marnie some peppers in the summer, he's warmed up to me and started showing his own kindness by sending me treats and letting me use his JoJa employee discount when I did have to shop at their store.

Emily waved to me as she set up some lawn chairs at her little section of the pier. Haley was nose deep in a magazine of some kind, bundled up already to keep herself warm as the sunlight slowly died off in the distance. Robin and her family were all together as well, sitting with their feet hanging off the dock. Sebastian was a little farther away from them smoking. When I met his eye he looked down at his cigarette and put it out, making me grin at him. As I passed, Robin offered me a place with her family since I lived alone. I gave a polite decline, saying I was meeting up with my girls later. She gave me a teasing grin while Demetrious just shook his head.

I found a section that was empty and carefully sat down on the weathered wood. After crossing my legs, I reached up to try and hold my hair as best as I could while the wind blew around me. It was cold, and the light spray from the water below made me shiver. Still, it was very lovely out here. I felt really privileged to be on the dock, as other people were all gathering around on the beach. Harvey passed by me and told me to stay warm, even giving me a little hand warmer pouch to help. Although I said I was fine, as soon as he left me I snapped it and shook, trying to absorb the heat from it.

[​IMG]

"I knew you'd be silly." A new voice made me smile and felt my cheeks warm up a bit as Leah draped a rather large blanket over me. I wanted to snuggle into it instantly, but allowed her to sit by me first so we could share. "It's fall now, it gets really cold here by the water."

"I noticed." Scooting closer to her, I shared my hand warmer pouch and brought my legs up to cross so the water wouldn't splash on them anymore. "Talk about sudden temperature changes, it felt like only two weeks ago I was complaining about the heat."

"If you think that's bad, you should see winter. There is snow on the ground almost non top." Leah had brought a little cooler with her and retrieved a soda from it. "When you first got here, it was just barely melted all the way. If you were a week earlier then you could have seen it."

"I'll see it soon enough. I'm not going anywhere." I sipped on the beer I stole from Shane and looked out into the distance. "So these moonlight jellyfish are pretty popular, huh?"

"Very." Leah looked back at all the tourist. "Every year they come by here, and stop by for an hour or so before going back out into the ocean. Really can't describe it and do it justice."

Leah leaned on me a little more and looked out over the water. "I've seen them a few times now, but this is my first time with someone. I normally just pay my respects to another summer gone by."

"Very romantic and artsy." I commented, getting a giggle.

"I hate the heat, but everything is so lush and green. It's refreshing." She met my eyes and gave me a rather intimate look. "When it gets cold, feel free to stop by anytime and snuggle up under a blanket with me. We could drink some wine to warm up."

I blushed hard, knowing where that would probably end up going. "M-maybe." She gave a light pout. "Okay, I will. Promise."

"Good." She nodded contently. "Have you seen Abigail?"

"Not yet." I looked around a bit. "I hope this doesn't cause any bad moments since Rasmodius is here…"

"Rather not think about that." Leah shook her head. "So! Fall time! You have your farm ready?"

"Yup!" I was rather proud of myself for it too. "Everything is already planted, mana infused, and growing away. Even my friends are pretty impressed."

"Your farmer buddies you met at the market?"

"Mmhmm. Riley has become a pretty fun person to talk to. We talk once a week or so about how our farms are doing. Molly is a blast. She's really far ahead of me with workers and everything helping her. There are a few others, but not sure you've met them yet?"

"Not that I can recall." At that moment both of our phones made their chimes. Looking down, I struggled to pull my phone from the tight pocket of my shorts.

Abigail: Running a bit late. I'll be there soon!

Leah replied slightly before me.

Leah: I'm snuggling with Kim by the water. If you don't hurry, I'll steal your share too!

Kim: Take your time, see you soon!

Abigail: Don't joke about that! I had to fight with mom and dad just to be 'allowed' to be alone with her!

"Poor girl." Leah snickered. "My parents were massively over protective when I was younger. My daddy was one of those that would try to appear all threatening when a boy came to pick me up. How about you?"

"Didn't really date in high school. Not really popular." I shook my head. "But I'm sure he'd freak out if I told him I had two girlfriends right now…"

We watched the sun set into the water for a long time before we were finally called over to enjoy some food. As we walked over to the large tables we finally saw Abigail coming toward the crowd as well. Her parents were hanging behind slightly and we all three attacked the free buffet before sitting at one of the tables.

Sebastian and Sam were already ahead of us, chowing down on some burgers and fries. We greeted them and started in ourselves. I was eating more and more lately, but thankfully my body was controlling it all into mana regeneration instead of it going straight to my hips. I had lost a little more weight and was starting to get some seriously toned arms and legs. I wasn't near what my buddy Riley was, but I was still impressed with myself.

Leah was, once again, teased at her vegetarian meal consisting of tofu and black bean burger wrapped in lettuce with extra fries and meatless chili- something I considered an act against Yoba. Abigail was going at some ribs, not really caring that she had some sauce around her mouth. Myself and Sebastian were the smart ones, grabbing barbeque pork sandwiches.

"Ever get the feeling you're being watched?" Abigail asked after a moment, wiping her mouth down. "I feel like Jodi is eyeing me."

Sam looked a little embarrassed. "She's… kind of off put by your…" He motioned to all three of the girls. "Just a little old fashioned."

"Bleh," I took a long drink of the soda I now had. "I've had worse."

"Not very happy, though…" Abigail continued eating, although a lot slower now.

Sam tried to make it a little better. "Just give her some time. She's a nice person. I don't think I could understand either, but hey, I wish you the best."

"Thanks." Leah tried to push it away as well. "It's a little hard to comprehend. Took us a few months ourselves, and it's still…"

"New?" Abigail offered.

"New." I agreed. "It's definitely new." I poked at my food now, a little less hungry.

Sebastian looked at me and then to Abigail. After a moment he sighed. "I think it's really cool." This made us all look at the normally quiet one. "You three, good job. Better than a crit on a D20."

I snorted in a laugh. Leave it to Sebastian to make it all better. My snort caused Leah to laugh in her drink, which in turn made Abigail almost choke on her food. When it was all said in done, Sam was almost rolling in tears laughing at us. This thankfully broke the awkward tension and eased us all back into good spirits.

By the time we were done eating it was getting pretty dark. I was already pretty excited, and the loud chatter that was coming from everywhere was really starting to make me really want to see what this was all about. As we claimed the spot by where Leah's blanket was, we had a few friends come over as well.

Penny was near me, giving me that apologetic look that instantly told me Pam was already quite passed drunk. I gave her a nod and a wink, which eased her up and let her join our little group without question. Haley also came over, muttering something about an ex-boyfriend who wouldn't leave her alone on the beach. Before I could ask, she took out a rather expensive looking camera and faced the water, saying something about being her first pictures to develop herself in her new darkroom.

I stood a little ahead of everyone, looking excitedly out into the ocean. Mayor Lewis had a candle on a little boat that he was letting out into the waters. We all watched as it went out, came back in a little, and back out more as the tide got a hold of it. At first nothing happened. I began to worry a little, pondering why the sea wasn't glowing like I had heard before. Leah must have noticed because I felt her take my hand and give a reassuring squeeze.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, I saw the first bit of glowing in the water. I couldn't help myself and I got on my hands and knees, peering over the docks at the bioluminescent jellyfish that were starting to swim around. "No way…" I breathed out as a large green one swam around underneath me.

Everyone was murmuring now, pointing and taking pictures. I knew I should take a few myself, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from them. Little baby blue ones were swimming in circles, inspecting the beach. Larger ones were swimming casually as if they knew they were going to come here in the first place. They just kept coming, swarming the beach area until it looked like the whole ocean was glowing. Abigail sat down next to me and patted my back. I took the hint and sat down as well, letting Leah take my other side and wrap the blanket around us. The group had split up now, each looking into the ocean on their own. I became lost in the sight, my mind racing to figure out how they were doing that. After a while I could finally relax and began to enjoy the company of my two girlfriends. They were each leaning on me slightly, Leah's arm around my shoulders and Abigail's around my waist. I felt a little spoiled at that moment, but didn't care too much. The blanket was protecting us from view and offered a little privacy on the otherwise crowded area.

Before even an hour passed, the jellyfish were starting to thin out and I felt a little sad. "Aw… They'll be gone… I wanted them to stay…"

Leah chuckled lightly at me. "They'll be back. They come every year. I like to think the babies this time will be the adults next year."

"Yeah, and we can watch it next year as well. Together." Abigail nudged me and smiled, giving me a loving look. "Now that we're more open about things."

"Mmhmm." I took the hint she was getting at and blushed darkly. "A-Abby… people can see…"

"I don't care." She leaned forward again and I bit my lower lip nervously. Leah gave my shoulder a squeeze and I let my eyes close, accepting the kiss from Abigail. It was short and soft, making me feel a little funny in my stomach. When she pulled back I was encouraged to lean against Leah, who kissed me as well. Now I heard cheers behind me from Sam and laughter from other townspeople. Without wasting time, I pulled the blanket over my head and tried to hide, blushing so hard I felt my ears burn.

When the jellyfish finally began to become hard to see, people began to pack up and head home. I stayed on the docks with my girls for the longest time, ignoring Pierre calling for Abigail to come with him back home. After a while he came up and placed his hand on her shoulder. "Abby, it's time."

"I'm… staying with Kim tonight," Abigail declared after a moment.

I looked at her in shock. That was not something I expected her to say. Pierre seemed to read my face because he didn't seem too upset with me at the moment. "Abby, I don't know if you should-"

"Dad," She looked up at him. "I'm not going to get pregnant." The words made me instantly want to scream and hide, but Pierre looked like he just stepped on a landmine.

"I-I know that…I was just… implying that… maybe it's a little early…"

"Dad. I'll be home tomorrow. Sweet dreams, see you then." She gave him that look that clearly told him now wasn't the time to be trying to protect her. The older man looked a little hurt and embarrassed, but cleared his throat.

"Very well then. Leah, Kim, have a good night and safe trip home." We both nodded and I caught his eye when he looked at me. He seemed a little defeated, but still respected me enough to give me a look as well. Mustering up my courage, I smiled at him as best I could and leaned over to kiss Abigail's hair. He looked like he accepted it and turned around, muttering to himself something about his little girl.

"Sooo… My place?" I asked softly to no one, tapping my palms against my knees.

"Sounds good." Abigail agreed.

Leah was blushing now as well. "I'd like that too."

"Yeah…" I felt my heart threatening to jump out of my throat at that moment. "Let's go to my place."

The End.

Thank you to @Tsukuru again for the picture!

Also yes, this is the end of Stardust book I. Book II will start now and will be more of Kim's daily life with less over lining plot. Now that the relationship is founded and doesn't have to be "resolved" I can focus on other things. This takes a lot of stress off me and I think with the freedom I will be able to write faster once again without worrying about doing soooooooooooo much each chapter! I hope everyone has enjoyed this story, and I'm sad to see it close. I'd list off everyone who I'd like to really REALLY thank, but I'm too scared I'll miss a name and feel bad. So thank you everyone for your support and kind words. I wouldn't have come NEARLY this far without you all. You really made this worthwhile and gave me a really happy time in my life. Here's to more and I'll see you next time!

Gabaw, Cleio, tammarine and 6 others like this.
                    • EvilPoptart81

I've loved this story since the first chapter and I'm sad to see it end, but! I'll look forward to the BookII, with the same excitement I had for each of these first chapters! Again, please keep up the amazing work. I was anticipating this final chapter and I was not let down! <3 <3 <3

Pudassassin and Satashi26 like this.
                      • Tsukuru

Tsukuru Pangalactic Porcupine

Good ending achieved! Loved it from start to end! And even if it's sorta sad to see it end, seeing that "Finished" in the title feels nice! Good job! I foresee a lot of fun shenanigans happening in book II (x

• Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Well done! Though it gone happy ended, still a bit melancholy everytime I see something came to an end.
                          I hope this story goes on in the Book II, as well! Cheer, @Satashi26

Satashi26 likes this.
                          • FranklinZ

FranklinZ Astral Cartographer

“It was really hard to believe that I had already been here for around seven and a half months. It seemed like just the other day I was in this very field, meeting Abigail for the first time.”

same feeling here

• Satashi26

Thanks everyone <3 I am excited to post the new style chapters. I'm heavily debating third person since it's such a better style. I chose first person because of Kim. I didn't want to shock every trader with s new name right away so chose to do one where they could self project their farmer if they wanted. Now that anyone who had gotten this far knows Kim, it would be nice to go back a little over the shoulder view as it were. Lots more story telling and can focus on Leah and Abby more as well without Kim interacting with them directly. What do you guys think?

• EvilPoptart81

I say give the third person view a shot for the new chapters! I think it could work out just as well as the first person has. <3

• Rod&Root

Rod&Root Void-Bound Voyager

Congrats on finishing your story!

Can't wait to see where you go from here. It's always sort of scary to see what happens after a happy ending.

• ConfusedChicken

ConfusedChicken Void-Bound Voyager

Oh man i got really bummed seeing the "Finished" but was relieved to hear there's gonna be a book 2! looking forward to it! :D

• MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

Satashi26, i totally liked your fanfic, but i NEVER play Minecraft anymore, because modifications what i am using, NEVER updated in same time, because i quit playing it, right after i moved to Sarvinki.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Yesssssss, I get my OTP. -waves AbigailxKimxLeah flag like the dork he is-

Also, interesting take on the Caroline-Rasmodius thing. I'll admit to being glad that how I plan on handling it is different enough that it won't feel like I ripped you off. Also, jelliessssssss. I also find it interesting how the amount of magic varies from fic to fic- yours seems sort of middling. Book two will be interesting.

(Also, I think Rasmodius handled that poorly. It would have hurt less if he hadn't hurt Kim trying to back up up Caroline.)

MrToni300 and Pudassassin like this.