1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Familiars Race 2.51

Glowing Fuzzballs in Space

1. Bitcoon

Bitcoon Big Damn Hero

KuroErin and Jonesy like this.
  2. XaoG

XaoG Ketchup Robot

o god

y so cute

my face is melting

3. Bitcoon

Bitcoon Big Damn Hero

4. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

Looking forward to how this mod grows :D They look very nice so far. I think I'll wait for the version with invisible hats though ;P

5. Bitcoon

Bitcoon Big Damn Hero

6. Bitcoon

Bitcoon Big Damn Hero

You're right, that's kind of an important one since I can't just patch it in for someone already started off. I was initially confused on how to add the hat because you don't start with a hat on, but I put it in the ship storage.

7. KazanaAoi

KazanaAoi Phantasmal Quasar

Yay. I love that the character even fits in smaller spaces too. Love the art, both for the character and the ship. And the hat appeared in the ship locker properly. :) Dont forget to change the overview description to remove that line under known issues :D

-There is no invisible hat yet.

I'll letcha know if I run into any bugs ^-^

8. Bitcoon

Bitcoon Big Damn Hero

Let me know how hats and armor is looking. I can only test so many, so fast since I'm still pretty new with the game.

I know I didn't base this character on the shape and size of normal ones so I went in expecting nothing to fit right, but the leather/winter hat and pants look great on this character. Well, the pants are baggy and the character clips out of them a bit, but there are little visual inconsistencies in a few other places with this one. The main issue is that I can't get in and change the offsets and center of rotation on the arms, so they move around a bit when they're in motion. All I can really do is hope that the developers let modders change those values per race, since the last thing I want is to make this incompatible with the other races of the game.

I'm thinking of utilizing the male/female switch to instead just give players two different body shapes/patterns. Since this species isn't based on a specific animal I can change around the head, tail and markings for the alternate version.

Maybe later on, some custom armor and weapons. I'd have to get to know the game better to figure out what to do with that, though. ^^

9. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

I actually do like this mod as well but, I think it might disagree with another mod I have installed. Every time I try to start my game it is stuck in a "forever loading" state. I can try to see what it doesn't play well with~

EDIT: Aha~! Familiars don't play well with Felins~ That solves that little issue.

10. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Would you care to elaborate?

11. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Certainly~

When I downloaded your mod originally I figured, "instead of deleting this I can keep it in case someone wants to use a race mod on my server so that they can play." Today I found this one and thought it was adorable so I downloaded it with the same intention and installed it in my mod folder.

I launched Starbound when I first did it and sometimes I know it takes a few minutes but, for about 5-7 minutes it still said "loading." So I figured "ok it was probably one of these newer mods I just downloaded." I deleted the "Familiars" and re-launched Starbound and it loaded up normally. So then I deleted the "Felins" and re-installed the "Familiars" and it still loaded up fine. So I came to the conclusion that there is something conflicting between that two that they "don't play well" together.

I hope that clears it up a bit. I do love your mod and I would like to try his as well. So I am just waiting to see what could have caused that little problem.

Kawa likes this.
  12. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

And I found the issues.
    • The familiar NPC definitions are missing a comma on line 46.
    • The familiarprologue codexitem refers to the felinprologue.
    Wham bam thank you ma'am. I'm off to dinner!

Holgast likes this.
  13. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

No problem. Glad to be of help.

14. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

I guess Bitcoon didn't try hard enough~ :rainbow:

Bitcoon likes this.
  15. Fairin

Fairin Orbital Explorer

i approve of this =(^.-.~)=

16. Bitcoon

Bitcoon Big Damn Hero

Thanks for taking the time to check out the files, Kawa. I guess my best wasn't good enough.
    There's still a couple aspects of species modding that I'm trying to wrap my head around. Stuff like having NPCs of that species show up. It doesn't help that I'm still not 100% on how they're supposed to be implemented game-wise. Considering how much I'm still in the dark on that part, it's quite possible there are some issues there.

I went in and fixed up the parts you were talking about. I think this makes some sense out of the crash I had earlier. It must have tried to generate a planet with familiar NPCs and got wrecked because there were a lot of leftover issues in the NPC stuff. Missing commas and references to nonexisting items, yup. I'll tweak some more stuff and make sure everything's working before uploading another version tonight.

17. Pawtendo

Pawtendo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice Bit! Very nice!

18. Pawtendo

Pawtendo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just ignore him.

19. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

I would still like to use this mod regardless so I still support you on making this mod~

20. Neawx

Neawx Void-Bound Voyager

This has potential, it could still use a lot of work, but I like the concept.
    You have some coding issues to work out, and the sprites need an overhaul.

I've got my eye on this, however. Keep working.