1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Fame Through Youtube - Yes Or No

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Red Space Monkey, Feb 24, 2012.

?

Do you think that Starbound should be advertised through Youtube celebrities?

1. Of course.

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. I'm not sure.

16 vote(s)
    23.9%
  3. I don't think so.

17 vote(s)
    25.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaber

Jaber Pangalactic Porcupine

You say that as if it will stop people from doing those things I mentioned D:

2. Jaber

I'll bet fire also works!

And what I'm saying is, don't give them copies of the game to make LPs with unless those copies are essentially RCs.

3. Jaber

You can't make a computer shoot bullets, but you can make it shoot fire by uncapping the FPS in the menu!

4. Jaber

A more powerful computer actually makes it worse as it's rendering it at eleven billion FPS D:

5. Alanbato

Alanbato Void-Bound Voyager

As long as they are actually interested in the game, go ahead.

6. Alanbato

I don't know, they are kind of annoying.

7. Jaber

WELL I THINK I'LL GET IN ON THIS TOTALLY NOT ANNOYING FAD :u

8. Alanbato

There is one, you know.

On Topic: The LPer should also show only a part of the game, so the watchers can imagine what other cool stuff there might be in it, and decide to buy the game.

Like only playing ranged, in a specific way, so the watchers wonder how is it to play as a melee character, or what melee weapons are there.

9. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

I think it wouldn't really matter because they'll just show most things anyway. Like TB would probably do a WTF is on it and that would DEFINITELY get people to get interested in it.

vitorsly likes this.
  10. bomblol

bomblol Void-Bound Voyager

It's too little too late for that...

11. GameGecko

GameGecko Cosmic Narwhal

No, i don't want to go through the agony of seeing somebody sell their grappling beam.
    Just saying.

12. Sammyrocks555

Sammyrocks555 Subatomic Cosmonaut

well, I think that:
    1. no, it shouldn't be ADVERTISED by youtube lpers but they should be allowed to do a lets play of it.
    2. I'm gonna start coloring my words also! hooray for giving epileptic people seizures when they scroll down the page!

Sam out. ;)

13. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

I don't think they should get any EARLY copy or anything.

But I definitely think we should promote our youtube content makers like Pedguin, Muramasa, and Yirmir!
    these guys can help get the name of starbound out there, which will help sales!

14. Kady

Kady Master Chief

no IMO, too many spoilers, everyone would know a lot about the game before it even releases!

15. Gazzy_GUI

Gazzy_GUI Void-Bound Voyager

It should only be done if the person Actually has a interest in it, then usually they'll make a video about it.

And what a couple of people have said not videos just putting the word out about it like an announcement.

16. jojowithmojo

jojowithmojo Big Damn Hero

i think they should jst do what they want and honestly
    but if i made a choice it would b tht they make a video of their own since they will know all the info instead of getting false hopes by guess's .

17. Llamabreeder

Llamabreeder Void-Bound Voyager

I really don't see a problem with Starbound being advertised by youtubers. Many Indie games have become famous because of lets plays and commentaries from famous youtubers. In fact if it wasn't for Pbat I wouldn't of known about Terraria.

In my opinion if Chucklefish were to adopt youtube as their advertising source, they should send their game to Pbat, TotalBiscuit, omfgcata or any of the Creatures (Nova preferably :D).

18. John.

John. Star Wrangler

Ye, if TB was given a pre-pre- (pre?) alpha, it would generate massave publicity for the game.

19. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

To the Homie Castle! EVERYONE TELL SLYFOX!

20. KKslida

KKslida Big Damn Hero

As spoilers go, I would not showcase ANY spoilers of the game...I might make a teaser of some info that is generally released to the public, but that is about it.
    HOWEVER, when the official game comes out, I (or people in my clan) will definetly LP (Let's Play) the game ;)

MY Youtube channels are as follow:
    My sheet music channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/KKslida2?feature=mhee
    My game / LP channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/LpingWithKKslida

If you think I am qualified to do a Let's Play of the game, feel free to let me know... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.