Fame System

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Ethric, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Ethric

Ethric Phantasmal Quasar

Are you loyal to your crew or to Aliens? How about interstellar squid men? The fame system covers it.

In the beginning of the game, all factions are neutral to the player until they start performing actions. Doing things such as completing quests or donating towards a faction will increase fame towards said faction. However, doing quests that harm a faction, being hostile, or stealing will increase infamy towards the said faction. With high fame, you'll gain access to quests with better awards and discounts! However, having infamy will increase the likelihood of members of the faction attack you and make it harder for you to revive a good relation.

An example of a quest changing relationships would be this:

Defeat the Aliens!
    Recently, aliens have been discovered on Planet X! Defeat them before the natives are forced to enslavement!​

As you can see, you'll increase your fame with the natives of Planet X but at the same time increase infamy with the aliens who attacked.

And to add on, other players on Multiplayer servers can influence another player's rep. The more from a player loyal to 'x' interacts with a player loyal to 'y' would increase slight infamy between the two if the player loyal to 'x' is infamous to 'y'.

Riku likes this.
  2. ZeroHunter

ZeroHunter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hmmm. That Might work, given the fact you won't be the only sentient species. Me lieeeeek. Although the other species can't be plain Aliens, not all are similar to others, just Imagine the possibilities with this kind of diversity...

3. Riku

Riku Void-Bound Voyager

This sounds like a really good idea. Depending on how they setup the questing system, this could work.

4. Vaidred

Vaidred Phantasmal Quasar

They shouldn't be called "aliens" they should have their own specific name for their race. The term "alien" is too overused and cheesy sounding in some ways.

5. ZeroHunter

ZeroHunter Subatomic Cosmonaut

So true, we're gonna need to think up some alien species first though. QUICK WE NEED CYBORG DINOSAURS NOW!

6. Ethric

Ethric Phantasmal Quasar

I'm using it as a generalization. Of course there will be many (many) different races.

7. Vaidred

Vaidred Phantasmal Quasar

Yea exactly. Like I've played a lot of games where they call the aliens "aliens". I was like what the F***, thats unrealistic as S***.