OOC Fallen, a starbound RP-characters

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Relten, Sep 25, 2014.

?

Now that the RP is starting to approach page 500...what should I do?

Poll closed May 17, 2015.
  1. Continue on from there

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  2. Sequel

16 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. New RP altogether....

8 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

This is where you submit your Character sheet for the RP Fallen.

Link to the first RP to spool yourself on what happened:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/fallen-a-starbound-rp.84400/

The newly updated rules are on the RP:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/fallen-2-a-starbound-rp.92198/#post-2451837

Characters may be any race available
    in starbound:
    Avian
    Novakid
    Apex
    Hylotl
    Human
    Glitch
    --------------
    Custom races that are allowed currently
    (Photo and small description is still needed though)
    Avali
    Elunite

(If you want to use a custom race, you must explain what they are along with a picture.
    This is an instance where you HAVE to show a photo. whether we use it or not is up to group vote.) once a specific cutom race has been allowed on the vote, anyone else may use that same race without a vote

Also all characters MUST have a flaw in them, nobody is of perfection you know.

For every advantage you have, you must have an equal disadvantage, the better the trait, the worse the flaw is going to be.

For instance:
    Trait: Highly trained assassin....
    Flaw: Substance abuse

Trait: extreme genius who is capable of destroying entire fleets easily
    Flaw: has only a month to live.

Flaw can be (but not limited to):
    Substance abuse
    Anger issues
    Self destructive tendencies
    Pyromania:fireball:
    Trauma
    Injuries
    More than just scars please, but you may use them
    Anti social traits counts as a flaw.

NO MORE INSANITY!!!

Here is a template of what your character sheet should look like

Character name:
    Race:
    Personality and description:
    Backstory:
    Traits:
    Flaws:

Once the story has started you may join, but please put a scenario on why or how you showed up* (no just appearing out of nowhere)
    *PM me about this

If you want, instead of going overboard on description for you OC you can have a picture, but just so people know what they look like, and this is optional

And last but not least
    Remember you can always come back here if you need to remember characters
    -------------------------
    The RP has started!
    ---------------------------
    This space is filled with all information on characters, while I may not link you to them, I hope It can be useful on knowing who isn't dead.

Original Survivors
    Early Fallen 1 Characters
    Later Fallen 1 Characters
    Fallen 2 Characters
    NPCs (Plot characters)

Reiden
    Komrade
    Khaami
    d'Artagan
    Klaus
    Adrian
    Dallas
    Adea
    Silva

Rook
    R-3
    James
    Nox/Dante
    Niana
    Yarzlow
    Xilax

Sage
    Dimitri Kolidenski
    Ivan Vladimire

Starsinger
    Fay
    Khaii
    Archy
    Kinu

Star
    Zeta
    Kane
    Eitaka

Rainto
    Rainto (again)

Dante/Lux
    The Dancer family
    Presios's character who I forgot the name of.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  2. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

This sounds interesting, why not give it a shot?

Character Name: Fay

Race: Avian (male)
    [​IMG]
    Personality and Description: Fay is a quiet yet energetic person, he enjoys silence and loves weapon designing, as well as Human music.
    Fay's quite friendly to most people, but if you had wronged him he'd find it hard to forgive you.
    Fay also has a strong hate for the apex, it's explained in the backstory, which he doesn't enjoy talking about.

Backstory: Fay has been born to a family of grounded in a slum run by Stargeezers, he used to assist his father selling goods they managed to get from travelers who came across the area.
    Fay has enjoyed building things from things he found around the slum, random bits of metal, bolts, and sometimes even bullets, which lead to him starting building prototypes of weapons, mostly firearms.
    One day a USCM soldier has been looking around the slum for an escaped Apex criminal who has been rumored to hide in the slums, and when the criminal was found he managed to take out 5 stargeezer guards, and a civilian, and that civilian was Fay's father.
    Two years later, the situation in the slums has gotten worse, they were running out of food and resources, which caused Fay and his friend Dirtbeak decided they were tired of living there, and try to hijack a stargeezer space shuttle, and flee to the stars.
    Their plan was succesful, they both managed to get away safely from the stargeezers, but they ran out of fuel in the middle of nowhere, and had to turn on the ship's distress signal. They were lucky, a research cruiser has spotted their distress signal, and offered them to come with them, as long as they helped out with their research. Years have passed, both Fay and Dirtbeak are 19 years old, and still working with the research team. Fay became their main engineer, working on fixing the ship and crafting special research equipment, while Dirtbeak was working with the xenoplant research team. She and Fay became ever closer during those years, but then they were requested to be a part of an interstellar exploration screw which worked together with the research team, and that's when they crashed on a large jungle planet. Dirtbeak didn't survive the crash.

Traits: Kind, trusting, clever.

Flaws: Leg injury from the crash, which makes it difficult for him to walk. And psychological damage from losing his closest friend (things such as panic attacks when Dirtbeak is mentioned etc.)

Woah this turned out longer than I expected, hope this RP will start soon cuz' I put a lot of effort into this xD

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    Relten likes this.
  3. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

See, OOC's always get a bit more attention.

4. Feathery Dust

Soooo... anyone else wants to come along? :S

5. FloranSage

FloranSage Big Damn Hero

How's this? May need editing

Name: FloranSage

Race: Floran (male? Floran are unisex)

Personality and description: Broad red leaf-like petals, smaller green leaves on head. Green-grey skin. Brown shirt and pants. Blue explorer vest. Brown boots.

FloranSage (or Sage) finds it hard to trust most people, being outcast from his own kind and distrusted by others by being a Floran. This makes him prefer going alone. His criminal tendencies don't help. Sage also has a fascination for artifacts and valuable things ('shinies').

Backstory: Sage had little interest in hunting as a child. While his cocoon-kin were chasing and eating anything smaller then themselves, he spent his time hunting shiny rocks. Knowing what his lack of interest in hunting would mean, Sage decides to leave before being chased out.

Stowing away on a ship and emerging into a Outer Sector outpost, Sage's love of all things shiny lead him to a life of petty theft. This was mostly for survival, that is until he discovered what Archaeology was. He might of missed some of the finer details, but seeing that 'Arky-olo-gyists' took shinies from dead people sounded more practical (dead people didn't chase or shoot you).

Since then, Sage has robbed temples, tombs and graves across the sector.

Hearing about a Research and Exploration Cruiser moving through local space, Sage stows away, waiting an opportunity to raid the Archaeology section.

Traits: Mischievous, curious

Flaw: Naive - Most of what Sage knows is self taught so there is gaps in his knowledge

Speech - With no formal language tuition, his speech makes him seem slow or dim

Feathery Dust likes this.
  6. Feathery Dust

Woo someone else is coming along! :DD
    I just realised how similar Fay is to my Avali character Fayli, I guess I find it hard to give my characters different personalities and hobbies :p
    I also here's a photo of him in his Research Exploration outfit because I suck at describing how he looks:
    [​IMG]
    Quick question: if someone wishes to join along after we have already started, what do we do?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  7. FloranSage

FloranSage Big Damn Hero

I guess we find them wondering the jungle?

8. Feathery Dust

Probably ,yeah.
    Or they'll drop in inside an escape pod of some sort as Relten told me in a PM.

9. Exiledone

Exiledone Master Astronaut

i was exploring the forums and this caught my eye, so i want to give this a shot.
    i'm not sure if i like this set up but....Here goes:

download.png
    Stock photo before crash

Character name: Zeta Goldfeathers

Race: Avian (female)

Personality and description: Zeta is as insane as she is curious. thus explaining her rash unpredictability when it comes to situations. Another thing that can describe Zeta is her strange ability to attract trouble where ever she goes.

Backstory: Zeta has always had a fascination for Exploration, and eventually she discovered she loved to start fires too. ever since she was young, she always had a dream to explore new worlds, learn new cultures, and discover ancient temples and ruins. so, she left her home colony, and joined her first job on a research vessel named: The Valiant. She happily worked on it as security guard for a few years, protecting the scientist from harm and assisting in experiments when needed. But then her job was cut short when the ship was ransacked by a bunch of pirates, and she was kidnapped and sold as a slave to a Hylotl bandit as his servant. eventually she was freed by a human mercenary and soon became a merc herself. and after many boring jobs of guard duty, she discovered the thrill of burning things. She discovered how flammable glitch villages were also on these jobs too. she was hired by an Exploration cruiser as a guard to protect all personnel on-board for a couple of years. Until the ship went down and Zeta woke up in a bush with a Molotov cocktail in her hand, Confused, and Singed.

Traits: warmhearted, friendly, adventurous, Dislikes hylotl

Flaw: Pyromaniac, Burns

Relten likes this.
  10. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I was wondering when someone was going to chose insanity. Lol

11. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

Character Name: Kinu Loziath

[​IMG]

Race: Elunite
    (TAKEN FROM THE MOD PAGE)
    Elunites are "beings" reborn after death, given a second chance at life.
    They are a race of unknown civilization, which end up being one of the rarest of all races.
    Due to the unknown factor of being "reborn", they where gifted incredible intellect which have made them capable of highly advance technology.

Personality and Description: Kinu is a bit reckless, and can get lost in small things.

Backstory: Kinu (Avian) died at age 9 due to large-scale terrorist activity on his home planet. Reborn in a small home away from society, Kinu joined the army. He never made many friends, and only hung around a few people. When in the army, he was often talked about because of what he was during the academy. Barely passing and joining the maintenance course, he was ordered to come on board a ship to assist with any issues that may occur. He was always into music, and bought his own flute (which was very hard since people ran from him due to him being Elunite). He caries around an identity disc like most Elunite.

Traits: Traumatic, skeptical. Extremely talented with technology (Elunite trait)

Flaws: Occasional flashbacks of previous life.
    ---------------------------

Hopefully this is voted yes due to the custom race, I look forward to joining in!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
    Exiledone, Relten and Feathery Dust like this.
  12. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I shall vote yes for that one, considering I'm pretty fond of the maker of that race. By the way you said avian as the race at one point....but I can see what you originally chose ;)

13. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

I edited it a bit, adding a little to the end of the backstory and putting in an extra stuff section.

I mentioned Avian because that was what he was before he died, since Elunite are beings given a second chance after death. :)

Exiledone likes this.
  14. Feathery Dust

So now we have 4 people, that's enough people to start the RP! :DD
    ... I just hope we won't start anytime soon because I was going to go to bed in an about an hour.

15. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Hello.
    I am interest in this now.

Character name: Reiden
    EyiGuard.png

Race: Originally Apex/Avian, but now Glitch (Kind of)
    Personality and description: Reiden is VERY antisocial and quiet. He tends to have a bad temper almost always but tends to care for those who are in need of help.
    Backstory: Reiden was an Apex experiment. The Apex attempted to add a common Avian wing gene to an unborn Apex and see if the resulting child would be born with working wings. The experiment failed horribly. The scientists left Reiden on an unknown planet, and he was doomed to die until he was discovered by a pack of Eyeguards. They decided to spare hims due to the fact that he had wings. The Eyeguard raised Reiden, and he became one of there own. He went out into the galaxy, bringing terror and death upon many isolated settlements. Now in these days, he wanders the galaxy, looking for something to do, to distract him from his past.
    (And his brain got put in a Glitch body)
    Traits: Antisocial, bad tempered, helpful, gives the spooks!
    Flaw(s): Prone to Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome, Uncooperative

Feathery Dust and Relten like this.
  16. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

Edited my "flaws" slightly because it doesn't seem like he has many. Also added to traits something that Elunite all have.

Exiledone likes this.
  17. Feathery Dust

I think I should mention that Fay is about 18 years old, so @Theblocklander I find it a bit odd that you're calling him a "man", I'm not complaining I just find it odd.

18. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

lol,

Exiledone likes this.
  19. Cup o' Tea

Cup o' Tea Guest

Is Relten online?

Exiledone likes this.
  20. Feathery Dust

I don't think so, he probably would've said something otherwise.[DOUBLEPOST=1412693982][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyways I made Fay pass out because I won't be looking on the forums for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.