1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Fair priced starbound hosting servers

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by SAKRAY, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nectarprime

nectarprime Sandwich Man

If his PC is having FPS problems, Himachi isn't going to fix that, and he will have even more issues hosting a server on that same PC.

2. simplenode

simplenode Void-Bound Voyager

The server should be able to handle a bit more than that - open a ticket and we can resolve this for you.

3. GreatBigJerk

GreatBigJerk Intergalactic Tourist

I paid for a server, but you guys seem to have forgotten to give me the IP :(

I have access to my Teamspeak server, but not the game server. The e-mails I got said to file a ticket if I didn't get the server info in 15 minutes, I filed a ticket and it's getting close to an hour now. It's a virtual server, and I assume it's an automated process to start one up, so what gives?

Edit: Just got the e-mail now.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  4. Tsproggy

Tsproggy Void-Bound Voyager

Is there an echo in here?

5. nectarprime

nectarprime Sandwich Man

The confusion stems from the first line of your post which I quoted.

6. 0rion0mega

0rion0mega Poptop Tamer

I am from the company PlugPayPlay, we are not "scamming" we actually have many satisfied Satarbound clients.

Simply, there was some form of anomaly with your instances, I have rectified this and your server is now running as intended on an isolated instance.

I understand your initial panic as no one wants to be scammed, but I assure you that this was not the case and that it was a simple misunderstanding, please bear in mind that the game is still in alpha/beta and that issues can occur, you simply need to work in close relation with us "the hoster" to make sure that it is all ironed out.

Hope this clears the air a little.

Regards,

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  7. Churpy

Churpy Void-Bound Voyager

I'd really like to know why this thread has been completely derailed into a pseudo customer support thread for various hosting companies..c'mon guys, at least try to keep it clean.. :wut:

As for recommending hosting, all I can really say is that a decent server that will support 2-3 players should have something like 1 GB of RAM, and a decent core of a CPU, preferably a Xeon or something. You should look into VPS/VDS packages, you might find something you like there, I run Starbound from a VPS fairly cheaply at the moment.

Thrakx and DiBBz like this.
  8. 0rion0mega

0rion0mega Poptop Tamer

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues, please note that all you have to do to have your server up and running is update your server from the game panel.

Also, Churpy,

[quote="I'd really like to know why this thread has been completely derailed into a pseudo customer support thread for various hosting companies..c'mon guys, at least try to keep it clean.. :wut:

As for recommending hosting, all I can really say is that a decent server that will support 2-3 players should have something like 1 GB of RAM, and a decent core of a CPU, preferably a Xeon or something. You should look into VPS/VDS packages, you might find something you like there, I run Starbound from a VPS fairly cheaply at the moment.[/quote]

I see what you are saying, I don't agree with it becoming a support thread, but we must reply do to the fact misconceptions can be formed due to lack of communication, but I do agree, so please if any client does require support .
    Please log in to your billing account and submit a support ticket.

We would be happy to help you resolve any issues.

You can log in here:
    https://www.ens-ltd.com/billing/clientarea.php

This forums are not for hosting companies to provide support, just chuck us a PM in stead!

9. Churpy

This should really be emphasized on your website where all of your customers can see it, not on the third page of a forum thread for one of the games you support. :wut:..

Thrakx likes this.
  10. 0rion0mega

0rion0mega Poptop Tamer

We have plenty of information on how to submit a support ticket, at any rate, lets not deviate any further?

11. Churpy

I've been watching the thread a while and this is my attempt to bring it back to what OP is actually asking, so yes, agreed.

12. Psychosis

Psychosis Poptop Tamer

Cheers Nitrado, being in the uk, i think this may be a viable option for the 7 players i have in our friend group..
    Also your prices seem fair, ill ask the mass's and may apply on your site soon.
    Cheers for the Post.

13. Clinton

Clinton Zero Gravity Genie

We're now officially offering paid hosting for Starbound here: https://allgamer.net/starbound We offer standard Starbound hosting and Starbound VPS hosting. After the success of our demand system we're pretty experienced with Starbound servers.

We've been in business for over four years due to the quality of our servers and the great customer base we have.

14. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

We have been providing Starbound servers since day one release of Starbound on EL6 based operating systems!
    We provide only VPS', just like we have been doing for the past few years! We provide resources and not slots.

We are also running a promotion at the moment for 30% off for life using the code 'SeasonsGreetings13'.
    If you have absolutely any questions about our services, don't hesitate to contact our support line through a ticket or our phone line on https://www.creeperhost.net

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  15. Hydravolt

Hydravolt Void-Bound Voyager

Where do i get starbound?

16. Psychosis

Psychosis Poptop Tamer

What he said! I was looking on here and wasnt sure if zombie was the one i needed to host for about 12 players.. ???
    https://www.creeperhost.net

17. quon

quon Space Hobo

18. LowLatencyServers

LowLatencyServers Void-Bound Voyager

19. MPRoy

MPRoy Space Hobo

Hello Starbound,

MPServ is now offering starbound hosting!

MPServ has been a hosting provider for minecraft for nearly three years. Over a year ago, we began offering hosting for Garry's Mod,
    Counterstrike Source, and TF2. Now we are excited to offer hosting for starbound. We have incorporated starbound into our custom
    control panel, codenamed "Wrench". This allows us to provide server owners with all the tools they need to efficiently manage their
    server. With full FTP access, console access, and a built in filemanager, you have full access to configure your server the way YOU
    want. With top of the line hardware, a 1GB/sec port, unrivaled support, and a customer chat that allows you to discuss common issues
    with other server owners, we are confident that you will be more than satisfied! So much so, that we offer a full 5 day refund policy.

There's simply no reason not to give us a shot. Our support is 24/7, so if you have any questions, don't hesitate to drop us a support ticket
    or even drop by our live chat. Check us out at http://mpserv.net, and order your new service at http://mpserv.net/games/starbound/

Regards,

Roy Hammond
    Senior Support Technician
    MPServ

20. Knifepoint

Knifepoint Space Spelunker

Ive just been looking around and comparing prices. http://www.gameservers.com/ seem to be the cheapest in the uk at the moment @ £0.76 per slot. BUT they dont seem to let you have a private server and its a minimum of 10 slots, which is a bit much for just 4 friends. the best alternative seems to be www.Nitrado.net

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.