1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Fair priced starbound hosting servers

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by SAKRAY, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAKRAY

SAKRAY Yeah, You!

Do you guys know any good priced lagfree hosting sites for Starbound that are instant ready? Looking for server just for 2 people me and a friend. Around 5/7 per month

2. Ellary

Ellary Pangalactic Porcupine

if its just for two people. Why not use Hamachi make a network there~ then one of you host the game. the other logs in. From my understanding any progress done will be saved on the hosts pc. but the other play can keep any items in their bags or ship storage to take to single player.

3. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

Some people are scared of bandwidth usages. I am one of those people. I remember playing Cube world and it sucked nearly all of my bandwidth. If it had, I would've gotten overcharged by my ISP. The other reason would be that their upload speed is capped at < 3 megabits and is in no condition of hosting.

4. PPP_Oliver

PPP_Oliver Yeah, You!

Hello,
    As far as I know the hosting company I work for PlugPayPlay (http://www.ens-ltd.com/billing/link.php?id=2) is one of the only server hosters with stock and which have tested the servers to make sure they work, and as a special Starbound launch we are giving a 10% discount code OLIVER10OFF.
    We have brilliant support system and a very high percentage of uptime plus you can get a 8 slot server for only £5.20 .
    Thanks for reading,
    - Oliver Bone

5. Archaik

Archaik Space Hobo

I recently got my own server from a site called SimpleNode.co The server is pretty reliable. I've only had a few hiccups over the past week and it's failry cheap at 12$ a month. I think I have like 30GB data and 1 GB memory. It's fairly basic as it's only me and a few friends playing.

6. PPP_Oliver

PPP_Oliver Yeah, You!

They have ran out of stock , also our services are $8.50ish for all the data you will ever need, and enough RAM for 8 people, compared to $12 dollars for 1-4 slots, it is clear to see which is the better option.

7. Tsproggy

Tsproggy Void-Bound Voyager

Right PPP_Oliver.. Better option, did you see that he's speaking dollars here and not pounds?

[​IMG]

Nice 24/7/360 online support as advertised too...

8. PPP_Oliver

PPP_Oliver Yeah, You!

Hey, firstly I never said 24/7 but if you put in a ticket it would be responded quickly defiantly within an hour, Also I changed it to dollars so that I could compare it to simplenode.co prices and deal.
    Also don't understand why you are having high ping I have this,
    [​IMG]

9. Tsproggy

PPP_Oliver, simply because I live across the ocean from where your advertised business is hosted. I found it odd that you where advertising such a company to somebody who uses American currency. You would have them buy your service because it's affordable but find out that the high latency makes it barely playable?

Also, I'm sure I would get great ping times if I actually lived in your country.

10. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

So does PPP offers modifying of asset files of the game? There are some nifty server-sided scripts that are worth modifying.

11. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

One thing I saw with PPP is that they offer servers in Chicago which is nice.

12. PPP_Oliver

PPP_Oliver Yeah, You!

We have American servers in Chicago USA, and our advertised currency is pounds, but as I said earlier I changed it to dollar to compare it to simple node.

Yes you can change anything you want.
    And yer we have servers in Chicago USA and London UK

Also, we can also offer you free mumble server and web hosting

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  13. SAKRAY

SAKRAY Yeah, You!

Well the thing is Hamachi gives us Relayed Tunnel problem which gives huge lags and portforwding isn't helping either that's why were looking for a realiable cheap server >.<

14. SputnikYuri

SputnikYuri Space Spelunker

I got the port forwarding set up between a friend and myself okay. That's not to say you wouldn't have trouble every router is different.

But if it's just the two of you playing, and you're new to everything...idk hold off on signing a contract hosting a server for you. I feel like setting up that server to do what you want would be more difficult than figuring out the port forwarding.

If it's persistence you're worried about...well, again, since we're in beta and getting our characters wiped at intervals...persistence shouldn't even be an issue right now. Leaving your computer on all day every day isn't horribly expensive or bad for the computer unless it's a laptop

15. SputnikYuri

SputnikYuri Space Spelunker

Although I agree if you're trying to shoot the works and get a galaxy with 50 people hopping around it...a server is a good choice.

16. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

So much cheaper to build and host at home if you have the skills and fiber optic connection.

You get a lot more bang for your buck and more beyond this game.

supernet2 likes this.
  17. PPP_Oliver

PPP_Oliver Yeah, You!

Yes but for this you need quite a bit of technical knowledge, which most people don't have, also if you are buying a server box then that will cost more than if you used us unless you had a server for a year or more.

18. Bifurcator

Bifurcator Space Hobo

I went a head and rented a server from PPP. I can connect to the IP and port that was given even when the server is STOPPED. Changes to the config file have no effect, can't set a password.. etc. Fake server? I submitted a support ticket nearly an hour ago. If I don't have a reply soon, I will dispute the charges via paypal. Anyone else rented from this guy and have a working server?

19. Tsproggy

There are 2 configs for your server (If you have direct file access):

Code:
    Starbound/starbound.config
    Starbound/assets/default_configuration.config
    I believe your actual server uses starbound.cfg but you could try changing both to what you need.

20. Bifurcator

Bifurcator Space Hobo

I've tried both files. I've been a running server on my own pc for a while now. I mean. According to their control panel, my server should be completely stopped right now. I can still connect to the IP and port given, without a password. It's like the guy has 1 server running and is dishing out the IP.

EDIT: Seems to be the case. There's even people in there typing. I've even uploaded my own universe files to the "FTP" given and nothing. Disputing the charges.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.