Modding Help facial mask layer on races?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by robbieradiant, Apr 23, 2021.

1. robbieradiant

robbieradiant Void-Bound Voyager

hello! i'm making a modded race that has horns, and I made a folder in the humanoid folder called "horns". I put the image for the horns in there (correctly sized, checked with another mod that does this successfully), put "horns" in the facial mask group thing and added the "1" in the facial mask part in the species file, but they refuse to appear in game. any help? i would send my species file but i don't know how on these forums

2. Zaakari

Zaakari Pangalactic Porcupine

Hm. I'm not an expert on species, but it sounds like you're doing the right things. A couple things to check, though:
    • The "horns" folder that you made, I assume this is not just within the "/humanoid" folder, but within the "/humanoid/[new_species]" folder?
    • Also, did you put the image names for the horns within the "facialMask" array (in the species file)?
    You could take a look at the Avian species to see how they did beaks, as--I assume--horns would work the same way.
    If none of that helps, though, then you can post your files by clicking the "Upload a File" button to the lower right of your new post (right beside "Post Reply"). You might have to put them in a zip folder first, though (I don't remember).