1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Extremely Low FPS

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by nathan00107, Dec 6, 2013.

?

What is the amount of lag you guys get?

1. None

14 vote(s)
    7.2%
  2. Noticeable

55 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. Really bad

97 vote(s)
    49.7%
  4. Unplayable

49 vote(s)
    25.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zhoudaohan

zhoudaohan Aquatic Astronaut

Around 20 FPS.Have beaten many 3D games already.Looking forward to further optimization.

2. nathan00107

nathan00107 Zero Gravity Genie

Seems that 50% of the voters have said that there lag is 'Really bad'. I hope the optimization comes very soon.

Evan's Mom likes this.
  3. nathan00107

Also, I have a Radeon HD 4350, would it help to play the Open GL version or not?

4. Kalerad

Kalerad Tentacle Wrangler

Ignore the regedit part then. set Steam to run as administrator, and set all the starbound.exe's to run as administrator as well (Starbound.exe, Starbound_server.exe, Starbound_opengl.exe, and the starbound launcher exe) This is what fixed my issue and my cousin's fps issue, as well as countless others on the forums.

5. TheR502

TheR502 Master Chief

6 gb ram
    2gb videocard
    amd a8 4500m
    win7 64 bit

I have around 15 fps

Evan's Mom and WebbY36 like this.
  6. nathan00107

*Sigh* Ofcourse this didn't work. Also, I've read that the game currently only runs on one core, if they change this perhaps we would see an FPS increase?

7. nathan00107

UPDATE: After some researching I have read that the devs will begin optimization in Stage 2 of the Beta.

8. EnderRydel

EnderRydel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Tried this and it seems to have worked. Thanks. :3

9. nathan00107

Still terrible FPS...

Evan's Mom likes this.
  10. rammur

rammur Aquatic Astronaut

Crazy bad i played the cracked version before buying and ill say the torrent ran 100X smoother this official game which i bought because i enjoyed what i seen is really really laggy so i know its not my system.If i can run stuff like wtcher 3 and skyrim at a good 60-70 fps but a little side scrolling pixel artstyle game like this is setting me back to 16 fps is unsat.But hey its a beta so chances are it will get optimized better a path or 2 down the line.

Evan's Mom likes this.
  11. nathan00107

Yes, it is definitely not our systems. As I stated before; the game will begin optimization in Stage 2 of the Beta.

12. nathan00107

Running Steam, the Starbound launcher and Starbound in administrator mode did not fix the problem. I am now checking to see if running the open_gl version boosts FPS.

Evan's Mom likes this.
  13. Barbossa

Barbossa Cosmic Narwhal

Performance is actually much worse than it's meant to be right now, steam is causing some weird issues with the game that's making performance very bad for some reason. it's known and being worked on.

14. nathan00107

@Barbossa How significant will the FPS increase be when they fix these issues?

15. Blackspawn

Blackspawn Tentacle Wrangler

Athlon 64 X2 3800+
    Win XP SP3
    Radeon x1950 GT 256MB
    2 GB RAM

So yeah, my rig sucks. But: the game runs completely fine without crashes or bad lagging for me (35 FPS or more while walking around, will go down to 23 or so when a lot of enemies are attacking). I'm using OpenGL mode and Sammy's XP-fix. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones then. *g*

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  16. nathan00107

So now I can rule out my system not being able to run it as I have better hardware than you. Anyway, how much FPS do you get in game? I might try Sammy's fix aswell.

17. Blackspawn

Blackspawn Tentacle Wrangler

I wrote that in my previous post. I'm playing at 1280x720 windowed btw.

18. nathan00107

Using OpenGL does not make a difference in the FPS, it is still borderline unplayable.

Evan's Mom likes this.
  19. Barbossa

Barbossa Cosmic Narwhal

Dunno how much exactly, but supposedly the performance was halved or more. I'm going by what they said on the live stream at release. I don't know the exact numbers.

Evan's Mom likes this.
  20. nathan00107

Any fixes yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.