1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Extreme Lag in Multiplayer :(

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by User011232, Jul 24, 2016.

1. User011232

User011232 Guest

Hellu everyone

I am experiencing extreme lags in multiplayer mode. While it was okay in the earlier states of the game, it somewhere around last year became hard to play and now it's even unplayable. And it doesn't matter if I connect to a server (we got one up just for ourselves, there where only 2 other people today when I tried), or if I connect to a single persons game.

My bandwith is rather slow, yes. However, I can play multiplayer games like world of warcraft, champions online and star wars: the old republic without many problems. Downloads or videos while playing are an issue though, but it won't disconnect me and the issues I'm experiencing with starbound is far from anythin like I have in WOW when having background activity.
    But when I try playing starbound I don't do anything like having videos or download running in the background. AND, what's weird aswell- I have the same problems with Terraria. I don't know why.

I tried to free up port 21025.

It looks like this now:

Name: Starbound Protocoll: TCP Port: 21025 On IP: MyIP(blabla) On Port: 198

I also tried :
    Starbound TCP 21025 IP 80
    Starbound TCP 21025 IP 21025
    Starbound TCP 21025 IP 82
    Starbound TCP 80 IP 21025

And no, it's not just an FPS problem. It's a connectivity issue. My FPS are fine, the game just responds 1-7 minutes too late when I do something or try to chat. My rig is fine. It still beats the wow legion patch on ultra.

please please tell me how to fix this, I'm so sad, I really love starbound :(

and my floran feels very lonely without her friends!

2. Lefl

Lefl Phantasmal Quasar

Are you connecting via steam friendlist? if yes, i have the same issue

User011232 likes this.
  3. User011232

User011232 Guest

ohhh! Thank you for your response!!! When the others are online again I'll try to connect manually with them. Maybe that helps! :3

4. Lefl

Lefl Phantasmal Quasar

yes, but you'll need hamachi or grappl (grappl is nice and small but its on the edge to be abandoned) if you don't have any ports forwarded

5. User011232

User011232 Guest

hmmmmm, tried with one person (from the server, so she should have the port forwarded actually) and it didn't work, I couldn't connect at all.

6. xFishbone

xFishbone Cosmic Narwhal

having extreme lag while connecting thru steam too

7. User011232

User011232 Guest

tested. Still not working with steam friend invite. Connecting via IP doesn't work either.

great.
    floran sad.