RELEASED ExtendedSlimeHutch With Safe Zone and Storage Area (Updated 19/4) (Interior Only)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 3, 2016.

1. QuantumConcious

QuantumConcious Phantasmal Quasar

=============================================
    Extended SlimeHutch 1.1 By QuantumConcious
    =============================================
    (This mod only effects the interior of the SlimeHutch only, any other mod that alters the Slime Hutches exterior looks will not conflict with this mod)
    This Mod Extends the Slime Hutch's Interior by making it 2x as big and providing a safe zone that slimes can not enter or spawn in. This safe zone can act as a buffer for when you enter and to place chests and Slime Egg Presses
    This mod does not require any mod manager aka Storm or SMAPI.

Issues can be found in Known Issues toward the bottom of post
    =======================
    System Requirements:
    =======================
    StardewValley 1.07
    StardewValley 1.06
    StardewValley 1.05
    =======================
    Installation:
    =======================
    1# ***BACKUP SAVE FILES*** Seriously, I have tested the mod rather well nothing should happen but just incase. located here %appdata%\StardewValley\saves
    2# ***BACKUP ORIGIONAL FILES*** before copying mine
    3# Download the mod from below and unzip to desired location (not directly into the maps folder)
    3# Place the following files into Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Content\Maps overwrite all files.
    - SlimeHutch.xnb
    =======================
    What you get:
    =======================
    (Internally only does not effect the external looks of the Slime Hutch)
    - A Hutch that is 2x the normal size
    - 4 more water basins
    - A storage are for chests and Slime Egg Presses
    - A No Go Zone for slimes (Safe Zone for you)
    =======================
    Download (See Version History for Changes)
    =======================
    Extended Slime Hutch Version 1.1

=======================
    Screenshots
    =======================

Extended SlimeHutch
    [​IMG]
    Extended SlimeHutch Ver1.0 Proof of safe zone
    (This is a concept gif but the outcome is the same)

=======================
    Version History:
    =======================

Extended SlimeHutch
    Version 1.1
    - Fixed issue with slimes not droping slime balls on a daily basis

Version 1.0
    - Initial Release.
    =======================
    Known Issues:
    =======================

Disclaimer
    =======================
    I hold no responsability if these things happen and you screw up your save. You have been warned and have been informed to Backup your Saves and SlimeHutch file

Note: If you find any bugs or issues please inform my via the Chucklefish forums for the mod.

If you have any suggestions for additions don't hesitate to ask me on the Chucklefish forums StardewValley were you found this mod
    Thankyou for downloading and enjoy

Created by QuantumConcious

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    • arcticalex

arcticalex Void-Bound Voyager

Does this also increase the cap of how many slimes there can be? I have around 25 and when 2 of them try to reproduce and they both show hearts on top nothing happens, after i killed around 10 of them they reproduce without problem.
      Also a small request, if possible I would really like the slime ring to just make the slimes friendly. It would make it so much easier to separate them and do combinations :).

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Thanks quantumboooooooo. <3

Question though, what if someone wants to reskin the outside?

• QuantumConcious

That i can not say as the cap is probably linked to the code for the Hutch itself. That i have no clue how to change. Sorry

• Stone7C1

Stone7C1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i dont think the safe zones are necessary. you can put up iron fences with gates inside the slime hutch. this is how i created my own safe zone before i unlocked the ring. but the increased size looks really great. nice work.

• QuantumConcious

I would go out on a limb and say that a retexture of the external look would make no difference to the internal structure, it is just a facade for what it look like externally. All buildings are like the doctors Tardis bigger on the inside compared to the outside

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I'm pretty sure they outside of the slime hutch and the inside are separate xnbs I may be wrong as I'm not at my computer currently, but one should be the outside and it would be a PNG file inside the xnb. The other would be the inside of the slime hutch and it would have a tbin inside the Xnb.
                So you should be able to reskin the outside and have this installed at the same time.

• QuantumConcious

Some people wanted a safe zone and this is the only way to do it with out walls ingame. Think of it this way you now have a area for storage and you now don't need fence and the area is bigger regardless of the cap that may or may not be hardcoded.

taintedwheat and Superior_s like this.
                  • taintedwheat

Okay, I'm just making sure its not like using the same xnb/png files that are not the same for the reskin, but if its like the houseupgrade, then probably not. :)

Thanks so much for doing this <3

• taintedwheat

Okie dokie, thanks for letting me know the difference, I wasn't sure n_____n

Superior_s likes this.
                      • QuantumConcious

The SlimeHutch uses 2 PNG image files
                        - paths.png
                        - townInterior.png
                        These are not the external looks of any thing they are only for internals, Well paths is for both internal and external

taintedwheat and Superior_s like this.
                        • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

It's works exactly like the greenhouse or basement for the house mods. They modify an Xnb that has the map information in it, then there is a separate Xnb that has the outside of the building as a PNG.

QuantumConcious and taintedwheat like this.
                          • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Last post about this I promise, lol. This mod changes the slimehutch.Xnb located in Contents/Maps which is the interior of the building. Located in I'm assuming Contents/Buildings is another SlimeHutch.Xnb that is the exterior.
                            Edit: You should possibly add that to the main post in bold somewhere so people aren't confused and so they know that it doesn't interfere with exterior mods for the slimehutch.

taintedwheat likes this.
                            • taintedwheat

Thank youuuuu. If my girl who made my current farm retextures wont get to it when she can, then i definitely will take a crack at making it less...what it currently looks like now

Superior_s likes this.
                              • Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

Have you checked this one out near the bottom of the main post its a slimehutch.
                                http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/a-whole-bunch-of-things-pets-paths-stable-etc.111044/
                                I'm working on recoloring it myself.
                                Edit:Sorry for all the posts @QuantumConcious if you want me to delete some of them I will.

• QuantumConcious

Superior_s likes this.
                                • krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

somehow... i dont get slime balls. the water diapperas, but no balls. is this a bug?

• taintedwheat

Really? I just played last night and got some, I'm not sure if there's a standard rate in which you get slime from them.

But I agree, I don't get /that/ much slime.

• krakau

krakau Big Damn Hero

before using the slime hutch mod, i got slime balls (1, 2 or 3 - depended on the amount if slimes living in there. if it wasnt full, i got 1, 2 or 3) every day. and when my slime hutch was full ( 20/20 slimes) i got 4 slime balls every day. now im using this mod. my slime hutch isnt full yet but i dont get a single slime ball although the water disappears.

• QuantumConcious

Thats odd like all my alterations they are just a map edit no coding altered or added. So why the slimes drop less slime is beyond me they should act and behave like they always did the only Difference is you have more room and a buffer zone and storage area. All the actions that are related to the Slime hutch and the way the slimes operate and breed is controlled by the stardewValley.exe, as i have not altered this hardcoded code i can not say why they drop less more or none for that matter.