1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Extended Story 1.5.4.6

Adds a lot of content to Starbound including weapons, biomes, dungeons, and bosses.

1. Joseph K

Joseph K Giant Laser Beams

I tried to upload it but it's too big. So just unpack the Extended Story Mod and head to music. But be careful, it made my skin crawl.

2. Killey The Killer

Killey The Killer Aquatic Astronaut

In the .txt of the extended story music file you can see "These are all comments of music tracks that will never be used in this mod. These might be deleted in the near future because I shouldn't be doing this kind of stuff."In the list, there is infected planet know as "Extremely slow and reversed crystal-battle1 track".
    So, it will never be in the mod probably for copyright reason.

3. Joseph K

Too bad. It has seemingly endless tentacle maze full of terrifying monsters with a giant monster in the center written all over it.

Lunar Eye Gaming likes this.
  4. Cryptoid

Cryptoid Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello, and I have a little issue that I don't think is supposed to happen. When using both the Star Wars Community mod with this one, the former over writes the crafting menu of the ancient weapon station.

Edit: Not sure if it's just a item tag issue or something.

5. Lunar Eye Gaming

Lunar Eye Gaming Phantasmal Quasar

I was thinking about modifying on your idea; the giant monster is a rematch of the Heart of the Ruin. The boss will perform all old attacks at full health. Four eyes open at the top of the arena. These eyes occasionally shoot homing projectiles throughout the fight. There are also two massive blobs of jelly at the floor of the arena. These occasionally burst, spawning several modified Tentaspawners. Finally, the boss itself gets some new attacks, along with modifications to old attacks. Tentacle attack now take less time to charge up. During the laser attack, Overloaded Tentabombs appear from the spawner(they explode into red plasma orbs after death). When lower than 75% health, the Ruin will charge up a laser and perform the tentacle attack at the same time(only one side will be affected). It will also gain two new attacks: Spatial Collapse and Plasmic Wrath. During Spatial Collapse, the boss will open a portal that will suck in the player, and various regions of the arena turn black(shadow smoke is windup). During Plasmic Rage, the Ruin will spam a lot of red plasma orbs, which will detonate after a certain amount of time or when the player touches them. After reaching 25% health, the Ruin gains the ability to spawn various tentacle-themed minibosses. It will close its eye until the minibosses are defeated. When the boss dies, it will spam a lot of bouncing red plasma orbs before exploding. Now that I think of this, it might or might not be a bad idea to do such a thing.

6. Joseph K

Sounds like an amazing idea! I'll give some suggestions on it soon, but I have to go to bed like right now.

7. gartfart36

gartfart36 Big Damn Hero

luckily, filipinos have the opposite timezone of americans, so we wake up the moment they fall asleep.
    unless any of us stay up late of course.

8. Joseph K

Yeah, as for me my parents won't allow me to stay up late.

9. Joseph K

Alright, so there are a few ways we can go about this as I see it. 1: Find some way to explain how The Ruin came back. 2: Put the boss in an overhaul of the Infected World mission (Seed of Ruin could be a mini boss). 3: Make a seperate mod that overhauls the final boss fight (and maybe the mission too, I think that would be pretty cool). I personally think you should do option 2 (but option 3 would be pretty cool too). And if you do option 2 you should totally use the infected planet-track, it may just be a slowed down and reversed version of crystal-battle1 but it really sells the right feeling. Another idea might be using the infected-planet track for an overhaul of the Supervoid because it also has final boss mission written all over it.

10. Joseph K

Can you please nerf or remove the Ultamium set? I built this special base with a complicated security system and my little brother used Ultamium armor to screw the entire thing.

11. gartfart36

gartfart36 Big Damn Hero

use the armors from my mod to screw HIM
    ;D

12. Joseph K

He doesn't build complicated security systems.

13. Lunar Eye Gaming

...I guess just make a trap that one-shots him. Just don't kill yourself trying to do so.

14. Lunar Eye Gaming

Lunar Eye Gaming updated Extended Story with a new update entry:

Release 1.5.2.2

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Is this update in steam now?
    (Raf-raf♀)

16. gartfart36

gartfart36 Big Damn Hero

i don't mean his base, i mean his starbound character.

17. Killey The Killer

Killey The Killer Aquatic Astronaut

Yes

18. Joseph K

He doesn't turn on pvp.

19. Joseph K

I'm not sure there are any traps that do that but I'll figure something out.

20. Constantinople

Constantinople Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I say this to the mod creator, I like this mod, however, I really wish there were other ways of finding the various dungeons, such as crafting doors to the various realms besides finding them in the wild. The reason I say this is because I always play this game with the frackin universe mod, and while FU is technically compatible with extended story, its really not! Because FU add's lots of planet types and bioms into the game, In all the 1000+ hours I have played this game, I found a supervoid dungeon once, I found the nuclear wasteland planet twice, and found everything else not a single time ever! This ridiculously low chance of these planet types appearing makes this mod unplayable to a large extent, at least with FU installed. These planet types should occur more often or there should be another way of accessing the dungeons.