1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Extended Ship Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Crystalwolf, Dec 6, 2013.

1. DionZeromus

DionZeromus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was just wondering how long it's looking before we get a human ship version of the cargo ship. But you already answered later on in the thread that when it happens it happens since your doing a bunch of projects right now.

2. Crystalwolf

Crystalwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Likely to be in by the end of this week.

3. Rik

Rik Industrial Terraformer

Great mod by the way, but if I'm permitted I'd like to make a suggestion.

Your files go by the default names in the asset directory, which overrides the original files. you can modify what files the .structure file targets instead of overriding the original file which I highly recommend, this way, unmodded ships don't look broken, and someone who doesn't have the mod installed also doesn't look as broken.

I've disclosed a modified version that keeps the original files intact, hopefully you will utilize this.
    [​IMG]
    (how a person without the mod will see your modded ship)

http://puu.sh/5FkAn.rar for the download.

4. Crystalwolf

Hmm, I guess I overlooked that. Thankyou for that then :) It was a very informative post and I hope to do it myself for all the ship,s

5. lexietanium

lexietanium Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi Crystal! Awesome mod =) and the guy that made the mod that moves around the ship objects updated it to be compatible with yours~ Anyways, tryin it right now. The new upcoming update might wipe the characters anyway so I'm gna just make a new one =).

6. Katlatze

Katlatze Pangalactic Porcupine

Wanted to let you guys know I am working on the hylotl cargo ship right now, basing it off of the Glitch one Crystalwolf made. Just so that a bunch of people don't make it at the same time! Will post as soon as it's done.

7. Crystalwolf

I was actually working on it myself. :) Though it's good to hear that other people are doing so themselves too.

8. Tyber59200

Tyber59200 Space Spelunker

Please how to use or instal (how a person without the mod will see your modded ship please

9. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

Wanted to give you my thumbs-up, Crystalwolf. Thanks for this really cool mod! :love:

10. ThisIsGoobly

ThisIsGoobly Phantasmal Quasar

Any chance for a new Hylotl ship?

11. Crystalwolf

It's coming when my thread updates which I'm struggling to do right now

Installation tutorial will be made in the next hour.

12. ThisIsGoobly

Ah, no problem. Sorry if I sound like I'm trying to rush you, it's just that you've done a really good job with these ships but I play Hylotl.

13. Rik

After Using this Mod continuously for an extended period of time, I noticed more issues with the avian Drop ship as seen below.
    (highlighted area indicates floating or misalignment)
    [​IMG]

Disclosed below is the improved block-map and background image for proper alignment. Thanks Again for such an awesome mod Crystal.

http://puu.sh/5FCRF.rar

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  14. Crystalwolf

Oooh thats awesome. I'll give you credit for the edits. I wouldn't of minded if you told me the little problems and I did them myself but thanks for the edits!

15. Rik

No problem! I always seem to notice the most insignificant detail, dunno if it's a curse or a blessing in this circumstance. :3c

16. Crystalwolf

Well I have some new ships being uploaded as soon as I can edit my thread (It won't let me edit my thread for some reason) Could you lend me your eye to see if I have missed any details please?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  17. Katlatze

Oh darn!!! Figures I'd pick the one you're working on. Well, mine has a few noticeable differences from yours anyway (and I'm sure will look a bit different), so please keep going!!

First of all, I relocated the storage locker to be near the front of the ship, just above the Tech/3D printer computer. This was to free up some much-needed building space. If anyone dislikes this change, you can just edit the "dropshipblocks.png" file and move the single green pixel to wherever you want the locker to be :)

Hylotl Cargo Ship with three options (Vanilla, Vanilla with eye removed, Purple with eye removed)

[​IMG]

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u81cuu4qvg7myhc/hylotl_katlatze.zip
    The "vanilla" one is selected by default. If you want to use either of the other two options, just rename their file to "dropship2.png". Enjoy, and let me know if I messed anything up!

18. Crystalwolf

I like the Vanilla one a lot and I also think those designs look very nice. I won't put them on the thread just yet. However I may do so tomorrow :) It all looks fine from what I can see though! Great work!

19. Katlatze

Yeah feel free to use them for anything you want!

20. ThisIsGoobly

Wow, you got on top of the Hylotl ships really fast! I tried using Katlatze's cargo version but it just gave me errors when I tried making a new Hylotl. I am using this mod that says it's compatible with your ships (with a patch that I am indeed using) but I guess it may not be compatible with the cargo version?

EDIT: Just realised the patch doesn't include your Human or Hylotl ships yet. Guess that'd be why.