1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Expanded Weapon Generation 10/31/17

Adds new procedurally-generated weapons and abilities, and modifies existing ones.

1. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

2. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC updated Expanded Weapon Generation with a new update entry:

HOLY CRAP! THAT'S ALOT OF NEW SECONDARY ABILITIES!

Read the rest of this update entry...

3. almedyl

almedyl Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi,
    This mod looks very promising. I'm keeping an eye on it, as I have a lot of other mods, I'll wait until you complete the .patch conversion (or is it done already?)
    Keep up the good work! :)

4. Shadow Wolf TJC

Since this mod has a priority of -9998, it'll almost certainly load before pretty much every other mod out there, so even if the .patch conversion is still incomplete, there should be no need to worry about it overwriting other mods.

5. N155

N155 Void-Bound Voyager

Since FrackinUniverse 5.0.18 your mod was included.
    What about your addons for Expanded Weapon Generation (Better NPC Equipment, Non-Playable NPC Race Quests and Crew, New Tennants)? What we must do in this case?
    You will synchronize release dates for both? And, if "no", what version was added to FU?

Sorry for my english, but this is my best duo with online translator...
    :confirm::coffee:

6. Shadow Wolf TJC

Since the Expanded Weapon Generation mod is still listed as "required" for those addons, and since Frackin' Universe now has the mod built in, I'll have to think about listing the mod (and Frackin' Universe) as "included" for those addons instead. In the meantime, the "_metadata" files within those addons can be edited with a text editor like Notepad or Wordpad, if you'd like to do it yourself.

7. N155

N155 Void-Bound Voyager

If i understand right, you will/want include this compatibility mods in to EWG (or, mb, EWG into it all ? 0o ) but this time editing metadata (requirments) for this mods would be enough?

8. Spiralrazor

Spiralrazor Intergalactic Tourist

So if i understand correctly, if we are running Frackin universe we do not need to install this mod?

9. Shadow Wolf TJC

Yes.

10. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC updated Expanded Weapon Generation with a new update entry:

Make the addons more compatable with Frackin' Universe (and an update of the TOS).

Read the rest of this update entry...

xaliber likes this.
  11. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hiya Shadow Wolf, I don't know if you're already aware of this method or not, but this "health bar" modder's resource might be useful for some interesting new weapon types.

12. Shadow Wolf TJC

I'd imagine that an ammo bar would be the 1st thing that would come to my mind. Sadly, I don't think I have enough time, interest, or confidence in scripting to be able to pull off such an addition.

13. xaliber

Maybe also the "heat" system a la minigun in third person shooter games too, or perhaps weapon durability a la Way of the Samurai (you could have powerful weapons that can break if used in consecutive slashes).

Just throwing up the possibility and resources, in case you have the time and/or interest in the future. :) As it is now it's already excellent.

14. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Perhaps you can assist with an alt ability? The fuel air trail uses the default ignition projectile even as a new ability, how would one change it? Try to make a fuelairtrail alt ability and make the clouds poison instead of fire, should be easy enough if you wouldn't mind

15. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

can u plz fix ranged alt ability fire time cause they are way to slow.
    tnx
    and when having better equipment addon installed most of npc uses gun instead of melee.
    can u fix it?

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  16. royal_fish

royal_fish Phantasmal Quasar

Love this mod, but my log keeps throwing out this error:

[19:03:01.265] [Error] Could not instantiate item '[swtjc_ewg_commonsaw, 1, {"seed":2486304768}]'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/items/buildscripts/abilities.lua"]:30: attempt to index a nil value (field 'ability')
    stack traceback:
    [C]: in metamethod '__index'
    [string "/items/buildscripts/abilities.lua"]:30: in global 'addAbility'
    [string "/items/buildscripts/abilities.lua"]:59: in global 'setupAbility'
    [string "/items/buildscripts/buildweapon.lua"]:41: in function <[string "/items/buildscripts/buildweapon.lua"]:7>

17. Shadow Wolf TJC

Just a heads up, but after returning from my hiatus (where I've been checking out a few games, like Crossout, Cosmoteer, and Zero-K) to see how my mods are holding up on version 1.3 of Starbound, I've been getting these "eof reached" errors that are causing my personal server to crash, and sometimes even the game altogether. Because of this, I'm working on shortening some file names here and there in an effort to prevent these kinds of crashes from happening, starting with just the abilities. I'm leaving the weapon files alone for now, though in a future update (past the very next one), I might have to shorten them as well, which I believe would mean that the current version of the mod won't necessarily be compatable with future versions of the mod.

That said, since I'm also working on fixing some errors from some of my other mods, progress might be a bit slow, so stay tuned for an update.

18. Shadow Wolf TJC

xaliber likes this.
  19. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Can you fix the NPC Pack for any bugs? and what's the status of the NPC pack?

20. xaliber