1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Expanded Weapon Generation 10/31/17

Adds new procedurally-generated weapons and abilities, and modifies existing ones.

1. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Shadow Wolf TJC submitted a new mod:

Expanded Weapon Generation - Adds new procedurally-generated weapons and abilities, and modifies existing ones.

Read more about this mod...

2. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

can we get improvised weapons like nailguns, pellet rifles and the such?

3. Shadow Wolf TJC

4. Altered_Nova

Altered_Nova Big Damn Hero

Would I be correct to assume this mod will conflict with other mods that add new weapon types to the game, such as the numerous "God Dame" mods released by Superepicgecko?

Is this mod compatible with Frackin' Universe and Manufacturer's Touch?

Are you planning to upload this mod to the Steam Workshop?

5. adimetro11

adimetro11 Spaceman Spiff

Will this be compatible with the weapon assembly mod or any mod that add new projectile types? (supper weapon mod). Does this mod add any new weapon parts?

6. Shadow Wolf TJC

Since the mod has a priority of -9998, I highly doubt that it'll overwrite any other mods at all, even if the other mods have no defined priority settings (in which case, they'll default to 0). However, since it has such a low priority, and since it does modify vanilla weapons, there's the possibility that parts of this mod would be overwritten by other mods.

Unfortunately, no new gun parts were added, since at the time of release, there was no effort made towards adding specific mod compatability features with other mods, aside from the basics. I'd much rather prefer to leave it up to the developers of the mods themselves. (Besides, the guns' sprites all use combinations of existing gun part sprites, such as the Squad Automatic Weapons having an assault rifle's butt, a rocket launcher's middle, and a shotgun's barrel.)

As for whether or not this mod would be compatable with other mods that add in new projectiles, I can at least assure you that this mod currently adds or changes no projectiles at all. However, I would like to add in new projectiles, such as cannonballs, but even then, and like with the new guns, I would also try to minimize the risks that these projectiles wouldn't accidentally get overwritten by another mod that likewise adds in similarly-named projectiles.

7. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Weapon Assembly should be compatible with (Almost) every random generated weapon, this ones included.

If you find anything strange while using both mods together, drop a message/log on Weapon Assembly thread and I will take a look. :nuruhappy:

8. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

are there plans to release to steam?

edit: requesting official permission to update this mod until you return (only going to change specific compatibility issues)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  9. IHart

Given your hiatus I have begun the process of repairing compatibility for this mod, see the project here : https://github.com/IsaacHart/sbmod-ewgfix
    I have plans to re-publish (and publish to steam) but will continue to fully credit you.

10. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

You should add images to the mod page.

11. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

is it compatible with 1.2??

12. Shadow Wolf TJC

It is indeed.

13. MrNage95

MrNage95 Void-Bound Voyager

I have installed your mod, and had begun to spawn various weapons from the latter; when I have spawned the Sawed-Offs, they only seem to shoot one round instead of the expected spread. I do not know if this is intentional or not.

14. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC updated Expanded Weapon Generation with a new update entry:

A handful of fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

15. IHart

with you returned do you have an issue with me releasing my edited version of this mod?

16. Shadow Wolf TJC

Only if it has the same name. Otherwise, I just treat it as a fork in my open-source project.

17. IHart

"Expanded Weapon Generation - IHC rework edition"

18. Shadow Wolf TJC

I suppose you could go with that name, instead of a different name altogether, though I presume that you're prepared to deal with the fact that developments within one fork will not necessarily be the same with developments within another fork, right?

For example, although they're currently only ideas, I'm considering the addition of even more procedurally-generated weapons (including chargeable guns, energy guns with bigger, slower projectiles, and possibly even elemental flamethrowers), as well as even more special abilities (like shooting out cannonballs that roll across the ground, or spawning stationary black holes that draw in and damage whatever enemies come close to them, or creating stationary projectile-proof energy shields for cover, to name a few).

19. IHart

I am aware of how forking functions.
    If it is back under active developement I may not even do my own edits, the only things about it I was gunna change were all the dirty edits, the extra names, and adding them to NPCs and probably remove most of the abilities. You should look at my Grand Armory mod, I drew some inspiration from yours for it.

20. Shadow Wolf TJC

Yes, I do need to do some cleanup on that mod as well, to make it all more compatable with other mods, yours included. In fact, maybe I should get started right away...

By the way, I've already released a few mod addons that do add the additional weapons to NPCs. Although I've yet to add these addons here, I've already added them to my Legacy Pack and NPC Pack.