RELEASED Expanded Crevices [New Version 2.0!]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Thanks but can you ellaborate? Sorry, not sure what you mean.

• Menti

Menti Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If i install Tree Life the Farm Map is overwriten so my Costume-Map is destroyed by the House =( Unbenannt.png

• Androxilogin

Please send me your farm map and I'll gladly custom-fit it to your needs.

• Menti

Im using Immersive Farm from Nexus bevor you asking here is my MOD-List

Stardew Valley v1.2.33

SMAPI v1.15.4

Skip Intro v1.7
          CJB Cheats Menu v1.16
          CJB Item Spawner v1.9
          Skill Prestige v1.2.3 + Cooking Addon
          Space Core v1.0.2
          Luck Skill v0.1.5
          Cooking Skill v1.0.8
          Experience Bars v1.1.0
          Custom Farm Types v1.1.2 + Immersive Farm v1.2.3
          Forage at the Farm v1.5.1
          Extended Minecart v1.6.5
          Museum Rearranger v1.4
          Mining With Explosives v1.0
          No Soil Decay Redux v1.1.8
          Better Sprinklers v2.3.1
          zDailyIncrease v1.2.1
          Tractor Mod v4.1
          Gift Taste Helper v2.6.1
          Fast Animations (Geodes Only) v1.3
          Chefs Closet v1.3
          Shed Notifications v0.4.1
          Zoryn's Health Bar v1.7
          Auto Gate v1.0
          Auto Animal Doors v1.1.1
          Ui Info Suite v1.3.0
          Choose Baby Gender v1.0.2
          Harvest With Scythe v1.06
          Better Quality More Seeds v1.1.0
          A Tappers Dream - A Tree Overhault v1.4
          Prairie King Made Easy v1.1
          Variable Grass v1.3
          Custom Critters v1.2.1
          Advanced Location Loader v1.3.0
          !EntoaroxFramework v1.8.0
          Xnb Loader v1.1.1
          Farm Automation Item Collector v0.4.1

• Androxilogin

File attached below. And I ask that you please post to the correct thread next time! I was searching over and over trying to understand why there wasn't a line in Expanded Crevices.

INSTALL:
            Extract and replace the manifest in TreeLife with this new one.

Attached Files:

• Ichimatsu

Ichimatsu Pangalactic Porcupine

These mods are so nice. Thanks, kind sir!

Androxilogin likes this.
              • Menti

Thank you so much :)

Androxilogin likes this.
                • PanicLedisko

PanicLedisko Aquatic Astronaut

I'm sorry if this is an obvious fix -- I tried installing your expanded crevices mod, I've been really excited about it and I thought I read somewhere you were still working on it, so when I saw it was released here I decided F it I wanna see if I can get it to work. In the mods loading list it says it skipped your mod because it's manifest file didnt include a entry DLL or something like that. Is that something I can add myself? I'm not an expert on mods yet sorry :s thank you anyone for the help in advance!!

• Androxilogin

You need SMAPI, Advanced Location Loader and Entoarox Framework.

Advanced Location Loader and Entoarox Framework both go in the 'mods' folder and Expanded Crevices goes in the 'locations' folder of Advanced Location Loader.

• PanicLedisko

PanicLedisko Aquatic Astronaut

This is how it shows up in the SMAPI console:
                      "[11:08:40 ERROR SMAPI] Skipped 1 mods:
                      [11:08:40 ERROR SMAPI] Mods\AdvancedLocationLoader\locations\ExpandedCrevices because its manifest doesn't set an entry DLL."

I already have all three of those mods you listed because a lot of my other mods already required them. I guess I wasn't clear enough, sorry about that!! Also if I knew how to do that spoiler thing, I would list all the mods I have installed.. Anyway thank you for responding so quickly! I love all the mods you have been working on and I am frequently checking out you website to see if you have any updates, I also keep checking your YouTube in case you upload anything there too. Your mods are GENIUS!! I wish I knew how to mod because I'd be making ones similar to yours, or I'd wanna be helping you so bad!!

• Androxilogin

First off, thank you for the encouraging words, it's nice to feel appreciated. Sorry I haven't really been posting much. Work takes up most of my time so any free time to myself is usually spent on laundry, cooking or trying new games (Currently Zelda - Breath of the Wild, Firewatch, Cat Quest (lol), Replaying Braid and Dead Island). Just yesterday I updated my Nexus posts to contain my latest versions of everything (which is everything found in the first post of this thread) and uploaded Wax Key which will allow you to enter all buildings regardless of friendship or time. I actually made it a long time ago but forgot to post it anywhere I guess. The real genius here is Entoarox (and Pathoschild, of course) for providing me with the tools I need to make what I have here. Without Entoarox's ALL, I'd have to actually hunker down and actually learn C# rather than getting by with a 'fill in the blank' Java code.

I did want to make a video of myself creating a mod in ALL but my laptop I was working with didn't have the power to screen capture while editing for sure. Now I got a new laptop, dumped all of my stuff to an external drive from my old laptop and haven't even plugged that drive in again. My upload speed is horrible here too, so one small YouTube video would probably take me all day. Lately I have been live streaming randomly when I get a chance to myself, nothing productive though. I stream games while I'm playing them, the other night I streamed myself eating Ramen noodles..

Things to check: Make sure all required mods are up to date including Smapi itself. Also, make sure !EntoaroxFramework is not renamed within the mods folder. My mods shouldn't require a .dll but according to searches of this issue elsewhere all I could come up with is the problem lies in the required files. Perhaps @Entoarox could shed some light on this.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is SMAPI thinking the ALL mod is a SMAPI mod, you can ignore that message, but @Pathoschild might need to take a look since SMAPI shouldnt be bothering to look in `locations` since ALL provides a manifest... :S

• Ridesdragons

Ridesdragons Void-Bound Voyager

I get a series of major problems when trying to use this mod.

to start off, I put the 2.0 version in, then I overwrote the manifest with the unofficial update (the removal of the back path). if this is where I went wrong right off the bat, let me know.

so after playing the game for a bit last night, I saved and went to bed. woke up, started the game, and...
                            [​IMG]

this doesn't happen every time. sometimes there doesn't seem to be any graphical issues, and once only the top of trees and the area back behind the fence were affected. it's not consistent, so I don't know why it's doing this.

this is the SMAPI log at the time of the game loading for the first time since startup:

[​IMG]

ignore the zdailyincrease, I forgot to set that to 0 to have no gain but no loss

there's also a much larger chunk above that

[​IMG] [​IMG]

as the top bar states, I am using a lot of mods (cue people laughing at me for not having 150 mods). however, I'm only using 2 ALL mods: this, and cleanup crew. both of which are your mods.

one time when I got it working, neither cleanup crew nor expanded crevices were actually functioning, so I couldn't make bridges or pick up stones around town, which is fine for now since I can't exactly afford to do that stuff, but the fact that they were in and simply didn't load once (and only once in my several attempts to get a not-screwed-up version of the game) is odd, to say the least

taking expanded crevices out but leaving cleanup crew in only leaves these error messages:

[​IMG]

starting the game with only removing expanded crevices removes the issues with graphical errors, so I know the problem is either expanded crevices, or its interaction with one of the other mods I have installed.

here's my list of mods:

replacers (overwrites content files):
                            adarin's girls and dialogue changes for this, replaces original 5 bachelor's sprites (CHARACTERS) and portraits, and cursors.xmb (LooseSprites), as well as character dialogue (various), (DATA) fall16 festival, various events, mail and descriptions, and Locations.xmb (STRINGS)
                            Ali's Flower Grass, replaces grass.xnb
                            black cat, replaces cat.xnb
                            anime portraits, replaces various character portraits
                            megumin wizard (for the laughs), replaces wizard portrait and sprite (CHARACTERS)
                            expanded greenhouse replaces greenhouse.xnb
                            improved and new hairstyles, replaces hairstyles.xnb
                            scarecats, replaces craftables.xnb
                            more crops unofficial patch, replaces various DATA files (mainly those that deal with crops, trees, and tastes), springobjects.xnb and its 3 translations (MAPS) and crops.xnb (TILESHEETS)

as far as I can see, none of these should conflict with expanded crevices

extenders (goes in mods folder):
                            !EntoaroxFramework
                            AdvancedLocationLoader
                            --->your mods
                            AutoGate
                            Automate
                            Autostacker
                            BetterHay
                            BetterQuarry
                            BetterRanching
                            BuildEndurance
                            BuildHealth
                            BuyRecipes
                            ChestsAnywhere
                            CJBShowItemSellPrice
                            ConsoleCommands (default)
                            Content (default, empty)
                            CookingSkill
                            Did You Water Your Crops
                            ExpandedFridge
                            ExperienceBars
                            ExtendedMinecart (this sounds like it might conflict to me)
                            FarmExpansion
                            FastAnimation
                            FasterPaths
                            FishingOverhaul
                            Forage at the Farm
                            GeodeInfoMenu
                            GetDressed
                            GiftTasteHelper
                            HappyBirthday
                            HorseWhistle
                            LevelUpNotifications
                            LookupAnything
                            LuckSkill
                            MiningWithExplosives
                            MoreRain
                            NPCMapLocations
                            ObjectTimeLeft
                            ReRegeneration
                            RocsReseed
                            RopeBridge
                            PartOfTheCommunity (SB_PotC)
                            ScytheHarvesting
                            ShopExpander
                            SkillPrestige and the Cooking Adapter variant
                            SMAPISprinklerMod unofficial patch
                            SpaceCore
                            SprinklerRange
                            TimeSpeed
                            ToDoList

I'm also thinking of adding omnifarm. if there's incompatibilities between this and that, I'd like to know ahead of time as well.

for future reference (since I couldn't find it), is there a spoiler command on this forum? you know, so enormous posts like mine aren't quite as enormous? if there isn't any, and if my post content is a problem, I can edit it to make it smaller (links instead of images, pastebin, etc)

EDIT: nvm found out how to make a spoiler, shortening post lol

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017
                            • Androxilogin

Whoa.. That is quite a bad graphical glitch. These errors from my mod are just to say these tiles don't exist. I tried making it compatible with all four variation farms along with tego's old farm expansion because that is the version I prefer. This shoulsn't cause any problems, just giving users a warning. I've never seen that kind of glitch, possibly another mod overwriting a tilesheet used by my mod? Omnifarm, I've never heard of it so I'm willing to bet it needs reworked in order to work correctly.

• Ridesdragons

omnifarm replaces farmcombat.xnb with a massive farm that includes farmland, foraging area, two patches of ever-growing grass, iirc hardwood stumps, and a mining area. unfortunately it doesn't include any fish, so it's not -quite- all-in-one. that said, it works with farm expansion just fine (as in the non-backwoods-path kind, adds the entrance just above the river/overgrowth to the left). that said, the errors were before adding onmifarm, and using the default farm.

what tilesheets do your mods use? in the list of replacables, I bolded all the folders that are edited (such as portraits and such). practically none of them look like they could overwrite anything your mod deals with, though. the only extenders that I could think of to potentially conflict are extended minecarts, did you water your crops, and farm expansion, and you've already stated farm expansion doesn't conflict.

the part that bothers me the most is how inconsistent it is. sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes it happens but it's much milder. I can't really seem to find a pattern that causes it to break.

• Androxilogin

I don't have a computer in front of me at the moment so I can't say for certain. I've worked with many different tilesheets, however, I don't think I replaced any in my mods (besides the winter bridge in the mountains for VIP; since the bottom was off a pixel) but some do add tilesheets. Although I believe the farm map is static so you can't without adding it to the map xnb from the map folder.

• Ridesdragons

I didn't mean you replaced stuff from other mods, I meant some mods replace default tilesheets like yours does. for example, "did you water your crops" modifies crops.xnb. of course it's also a dynamic replacement, so if one were to replace crops.xnb for whatever reason (like I did with even more crops mod) it'll generate a replacement for all the crops. that said, the bits that are breaking aren't crops....

also, I'm not using VIP, only this mod and cleanup crew (although I've removed both for now while I try to figure out how to fix this/wait for you to be able to provide support)

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

You make some awesome mods good sir/ma'am. I have OCD, CleanupCrew, and TreeLife and they are all lovely. I just downloaded this one and tried it out on my testing file and got a load of errors from SMAPI, as well as several tile glitches. Here's my log: https://log.smapi.io/8CcYP8aU . I also have Immersive Map Edits and Expanded Maps, which caused a conflict with OCD and CleanupCrew until I manually edited the manifest file to make the affected tiles optional. It looks like a similar problem is happening here. Is there any chance you could make a compatibility patch? Either way, this is still an awesome mod!

• Androxilogin

I'm sorry, I don't actually use those ones. I've attempted to make these compatible with the four farm variations and tego (the old release that provided more farm space). This along with the amount of time I've been away from these projects.. Probably not, sorry :/ . Work has taken over my life.

• Midnyght

Midnyght Orbital Explorer

What do you recommend for the disappearing Willy problem? I deleted everything regarding fish shop and silly from the EC manifest and saved in game and he isn’t back in my social tab.