Exosuits

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by 630tiger, Aug 4, 2013.

?

Would you like to see exosuits in the game?

1. Yes, this sounds great!

248 vote(s)
    87.3%
  2. Yes, but not quite how you put it.

32 vote(s)
    11.3%
  3. No, this doesn't have a place in Starbound.

4 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Stalkish Cockatiel

Stalkish Cockatiel Existential Complex

Exosuit driving a mech driving a colossal spaceship..
    So... yeah

nababoo likes this.
  2. Starwisp

Starwisp Aquatic Astronaut

I reckon something the size of that thing from district 9 would be cool. (y'know the one i mean?)

nababoo likes this.
  3. Renstash09

Renstash09 Big Damn Hero

All I can say to this is a giant yes. So. Much. YES.

4. linux_user

linux_user Lucky Number 13

refrain to s.t.a.l.k.e.r.
    + exosuit = iron-man+mech+vehicle
    +whole vehicles that you can enter and exit
    +anything from invisibility to flashlights
    +ray gun too!

#its not OP , if u get hit by "large vehicle car" or "wearing a car" is different so its not OP

#stop with your earthling thinking , humans posses technologies to build tons of "ironman-suits" but they cant because of politicians and bankers , if someone tries to build ironman-suit , politicians and bankers will annihilate this person , because they are scared that "iron-menge" will kill them , in reality exo-suits can be built out of junk and they can be good , the only problem that stop from them are bankers and politicians and a bit matter of "SKILL"
    + energy shielding for exo
    +upgrade-able / customizable energy shielding for exo

finally first good suggestion with more than 2 vote options

fixed /colored and can be voted now

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  5. vladiskov

vladiskov Space Spelunker

endgame tier

6. Anrdun

Anrdun Aquatic Astronaut

So, would this be like 40k armour?

7. SomaSam

SomaSam Big Damn Hero

This sounds pretty cool. I would love to see something like planetside's MAX suit in this game. It would also be nice if the exosuit protected you from the environment. Like Lost Planet's VS, which let people move around on the frozen planet faster and safer.

8. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

I really like high mobility, stealthy, glass cannon types of things, so hopefully there will be an EXO for that :DD

9. SomaSam

SomaSam Big Damn Hero

Maybe a spider-like exosuit? Able to climb up walls and celinings, good guns, but less armor? That sounds fun, especially if you were in pvp: climb around an opponent, and scare the living daylights out them by dropping from the sky behind them and killing them.

Or jetpack Exosuit. Those are always fun.

Nintendo_Play and Bughunter like this.
  10. linux_user

linux_user Lucky Number 13

the only limitation is your imagination

11. Anrdun

Anrdun Aquatic Astronaut

I thought big and bulky, like a terminator, or some such, I am trying to find other examples but that's the only one coming to my head.
    Maybe they would just use whatever weapon you were carrying, so specializing in heavy weapons would be easier as they are more
    able to be lifted?

12. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

I'm not a fan of house-sized battlesuits, but I like this idea very much. The battle armor in Avatar (That scifi movie with blue-skin aliens, not the TV series) was very, very cool.

13. Rainbow

Rainbow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

iv'e seen screenshots of things that LOOK like exo suits. but not sure. Tbh, i think it would be dumb of them not to implement that PRE beta, cause i mean....come on, its a space game...

14. pyro_670

pyro_670 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm on board with Nababoo to some degree with this one, the Exosuit idea is a great idea, But the utilization of such needs a balancing factor. I'm thinking a neural-interface suit or some other manner of full body covering for movement tracking. Essentially what you should need is special equipment to pilot these suits. I'm not saying if your exo gets fried in a firefight you're going to be useless... I'm just saying your "pilot gear" won't be anywhere near as good at stopping bullet, lasers, plasma, rockets, etc. Of course this is all just a recommendation on an open forum, so take it as you will. Btw, totally upvoted this.

murlocdummy, Pseudoboss and nababoo like this.
  15. Tkashi

Tkashi Void-Bound Voyager

I kind of pictured a more armored bleed vs from lost planet more than iron man. It seems to line up with what yyou're describing more.

16. 630tiger

630tiger Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks for all the support! To clarify, the size I was thinking of would be maybe 6 or 7 blocks tall instead of the normal player's 4. So like the evil guy's iron man suit in the first iron man movie. So your body parts are actually in their matching parts of the suit, but there are a few inches of machine between you and the outside, not just a thin coat.

17. rossi_tomo

rossi_tomo Space Hobo

Agreed, perhaps a cross between the loader and a big daddy from bioshock!

Tkashi likes this.
  18. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

If you need a good example of the big, bulky exo-suit try one of the MECs from XCOM: Enemy Within (Helmets optional.) Also covers the problem with getting a true humanoid shape with a bigger then human suit, by using digitigrade legs.

19. douglasdamm

douglasdamm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

20. murlocdummy

murlocdummy Void-Bound Voyager

What I'm imagining is totally customizable exo-suits or mechs.

You start off with the basic frame, buy or find basic legs/tire treads, eventually make a cheap mining drill to attach to the arm, and go from there.
    What you'd have is a bunch of low-level players parking their useless trash mech in some half-baked hanger and the more experienced players flying around on their jump-jet equipped, beam-sword wielding Gundams.
    I'd probably opt for a combine attachment to help me farm with along with a giant hunting bow to fend off vermin.