Modding Help Exception caught error help

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by noctillia_vanvon, Jul 10, 2020.

1. noctillia_vanvon

noctillia_vanvon Space Spelunker

So I was browsing starbounders modded weapons section and decided to spawn a few for fun when one of them gave me this error, is their a way to just delete this gun from my character from the files?

Exception caught in client main-loop (assetexception) error loading asset /items/active/weapons/ranged/unrand/snowgun/wormerangeprojectile.lua

Any help would be appreciated, I figure all I need to do is delete that from the path to resolve the error but I'm unsure of how.

2. supredude11

supredude11 Void-Bound Voyager

Have you tried loading the character multiple times?

3. noctillia_vanvon

I did. I figured it out though so for anyone trying to resolve this the solution I found was to unpack the assets, follow the path until you get to snowgun then deleted the active item file next to the sprite. then started starbound, it stayed in a perpetual load so closed it, went to my trash can and restored the file, restarted again and fixed. Turned the gun into a generic item in my inventory and zero problemos.

4. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

when you unpack your assets, you are loading them twice, that is why it takes forever to load. Deleting the file in your unpacked asserts wont do anything either, as the original assets is still in the packed assets

5. noctillia_vanvon

Maybe a placebo then, dunno what to tell ya but out of multiple loads of the game thats what seemed to have worked and been correlated to the actions taken.