RELEASED Everlasting Baits And Unbreakable Tackles Mod [v1.2.2]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Digus, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Everlasting Baits And Unbreakable Tackles Mod

Current version: 1.2.2
    • Adds a data file to change the crafting recipes.
    • Fix to quests not working as intended in multiplayer.
    • Adds console commands to fix broken quests.
    • Fix to work with Stardew Valley version 1.3.28
    Objective:
    Adds a no-cheat way of getting baits and tackles that will last forever. It's integrated into the game lore and you will have to work for them.
    Also adds iridium quality fish when using wild baits. Wild bait in the game is really underwhelming for how much it costs, so this tries to balance it.

Disclaimer:
    This mod only work with Stardew Valley 1.3.X-beta

Installation:

How does it work:
    • The recipes will show in the end of the crafting recipe list. They have different names from the regular baits and tackles, but have the same image.
    • Once crafted, the items will have the regular name, but they can be identified by the iridium quality star.
    • If you use another mod to spawn iridium quality baits and tackles, they will also be everlasting and unbreakable.
    • Baits
      • You will need fishing level 10 and 10 heats with certain people. It should be pretty obvious who will teach you the bait and wild bait version. If you want to know the who gives the magnet just check the mod images.
      • With the mod installed, if the bait is iridium quality, it will never consume from the stack while fishing.
      • If you put the bait in a crab pot it will vanish like usual.
    • Tackles
      • You will need fishing level 8, 6 heats with Willy and Clint, and have the artisan achievement. After that you will receive an mail explaining the quest chain, and another mail with the first recipe.
      • As you follow the quest, you will receive all the unbreakable tackle recipes, and you can get a nice reward at the end.
      • With the mod installed, if the tackle is iridium quality, it will never were its durability while fishing.
    • Iridium Quality Fish
      • After you know the wild bait recipe and are fishing level 4, Linus will sent you a letter saying he was able to catch the best quality fish he has ever seen using wild baits. This is just for flavor, quality fish can be catch even before level 4 fish, it will just be very difficult.
      • The game has a formula to decide the size of the fish, going from 0.00 to 1.00, this was not changed. But if the fish size is bigger than 0.95, the mod will roll for a chance of it being an iridium quality fish.
      • The chance is equal to half the fish size. So if the fish size is 0.95, it has a 47.5% of being iridium quality.
      • This is the same rule used for iridium quality from animal products.
      • You can change this settings on the config file.
    • Console Commands
      • player_addallbaitstacklesrecipes - Adds all everlasting baits and unbreakable tackles the player does not have already.
      • player_getallbaitstackles - Opens a menu with all everlasting baits and unbreakable tackles, the player can than move them to his/her inventory. All menus have to be closed before using the command.
      • player_addquestfortackle <tackle name> - Adds the quest to deliver the respective tackle to willy. The tackle name should follow this exemple: "Unbreakable Lead Bobber". Respect spaces and case, without quotes.
      • player_removeblankquests - Removes any blank quests from the player log. This is to fix possible broken quest from previous versions.
    Config options:
    Run the game at least one with the mod installed to create the config.json file. You can edit this file to change the configuration.
    • "DisableIridiumQualityFish": (false|true) Enable or disable the iridium quality fish. When disable you will not catch iridium quality fish, nor receive Linus letter.
    • "IridiumQualityFishOnlyWithWildBait": (false|true) If true, you will only get iridium quality fish using wild bait.
    • "IridiumQualityFishOnlyWithIridiumQualityBait": (false|true) If true, you will only get iridium quality fish if using iridium quality baits.
    • "IridiumQualityFishMinimumSize": (0.95|anyNumber) Set a minimum size for the fish to be iridium quality. It does not change the chance for it to be iridium quality(fishSize/2), it just enable the fish to be iridium quality after its bigger than the size chosen.
    Data files:
    You can change the mod data. To do so, lunch the game at least once and edit the files in the 'EverlastingBaitsAndUnbreakableTacklesMod\data' folder.
    • CraftingRecipes.json - You can configure the materials need in the recipes. The format is "item_id1 amount1 item_id2 amount2...". You can add as many items as the game will support.
    Internationalization:
    This mod is compatible with SMAPI support to i18n files. As of now, there is no official translation for this mod, but you can translate it yourself following this instructions: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:SMAPI_APIs#Translation

Uninstall:
    • Delete the mod from the installation folder.
    • No other steps are needed, the baits and tackles will still be iridium quality, but they will work as normal.
    • If you had not finished an quest, it will stay their, but no other side effects.

Special Thanks:
    • Nate McCloud - Who requested for an infinite version of lures on the official forums.
    • genman- Who requested the iridium quality fish.
    • Everyone on the modding discord channel that are always super helpful.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Source:
    https://github.com/Digus/StardewValleyMods/tree/master/EverlastingBaitsUnbreakableTacklesMod

My Other Mods:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
      HopeWasHere likes this.
    • genman

genman Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is it possible to improve fishing quality as well?
      In normal SDV we can never get iridium type of fish.
      These expensive bait might be worth higher reward~~~ .:3

if possible , fishing quality should exclude seaweed and etc.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Nice idea, I will look into it.
        I will look for where fish quality is applied and how it works.
        The default chance should be small do, since it's not the propose of the mod.
        But I could place it on a config file so users could change it or disable if they want to.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

I just looked into it.
          There are some formulas to the calculation, but in the end, if you did everything perfectly (fishing level and distance to the shore), it all depend on the fish size. It's a random chance from 0.00 to 1.00. If the fish is less than .33 it is normal quality, if its less than 0.66 it's silver quality or else it's gold quality.
          I'm thinking of adding: If it's less than 0.95 it's gold quality, or else it's iridium quality.

Edit: After doing some tests I saw that is not how quality work for fish. If you are level 10 and cast the line far enough, the fish will always be max size. That is not my intension with the iridium quality, so I will use the same rule the game apply for animal products iridium quality. If the fishing size is higher than 0.95, you will have a chance of fishing size divided by 2 to get the iridium quality fish.
          And that will only happen if you are using the wild bait. No matter if it's everlasting or not.
          I think wild bait in the base game is pretty underwhelming, you spent a lot of resource for just 0.125 extra nibble time. So I think it's fair to associate iridium quality to it.
          Also, with the 0.95 or higher requirement, if you are not level 10 nor cast max distance, you might not even have a chance to catch an iridium quality fish, so I think it will be fair.

I will put 3 options in the config:
          IridiumFishOnlyWithWildBait: true
          IridiumFishOnlyWithIridiumQualityBait: false
          IridiumQualityFishSize: 0.95

If they are both false, iridium fish will be able to be catch no matter the bait.
          People should also know that if they set Iridium Quality Fish Size to less than 0.66, they won't get gold quality fish anymore. And if they set to 0, they will always catch iridium quality fish giving the flags condition are satisfied.
          That is not true anymore, it will only mean that they will always have a chance of get iridium quality fish, but will be really small depending on the fish size.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
            genman likes this.
          • Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

New version released.
            I also added a letter from Linus to explain he was able to catch the best quality fish while using wild bait and casting really far from shore.

HopeWasHere likes this.
            • Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

New version released.
              Someone requested a hardcore version of the recipes.
              So I made it possible to customize the crafting recipes whatever you like through a data file.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

New version released.
                Fix to quest not working as intended in multiplayer for farmhands.
                Also added console commands to help fix broken quests.

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Stardew Valley updated last night taking out this mod, I'm sorry to say.

Digus likes this.
                  • Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

I'm already placed a waring on the nexus description, but thanks :)
                    I should release a new version tonight.

I read on discord it was going to break, I thought of releasing a beta version before, but I forgot to do it.

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

The fix is already posted on nexus.

Moragaine likes this.