Modding Discussion Even MOAR Help...

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by [INSERT ORIGINAL NAME], May 21, 2016.

1. [INSERT ORIGINAL NAME]

[INSERT ORIGINAL NAME] Intergalactic Tourist

Once again, I need help, this time I will get to the point. I need an image editor that I can use to edit the sprites to make stuff, If you are a modder and use one, please recommend it to me! (I don't want to have to spend any money on this either!)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you Mackinz for helping me with with finding the sprite files!

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Paint.net or gimp are the best free options.

3. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

Some one might want to destroy me for saying that, but torrents exists, and that's how I started. I know there is a lot of photoshop cs6 torrents and even though I now own a fully paid version, I would still recommend it over everything

4. [INSERT ORIGINAL NAME]

[INSERT ORIGINAL NAME] Intergalactic Tourist

5. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

GIMP 2.8 is free, pretty good and what I've used so far.

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Im using GIMP 2.6.9 because they made an extremely stupid change in 2.8. Ctrl+S doesn't save images to whatever format you opened them as. It will ONLY save to the GIMP default format. You have to manually click the export function every single time.... Because of this, if you open an image, make changes, "export" then close, it will prompt you every single time saying that you didn't "save" it. Further more, the GIMP people said that GIMP is not intended for use by people like us and they don't care that people are upset by this change.

Sorry for the rant, but I am just rather bitter about this change because it makes zero sense.