Mob Eternal Souls

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by XRiZUX, Oct 2, 2012.

?

What do you think of this suggestion?

1. I really like this suggestion!

80.0%
  2. Meh, it's okay I guess...

20.0%
  3. No, just no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

[​IMG]

ETERNAL SOULS
    [​IMG]
    These souls have been through hell and dragged through the abyss of existence itself. Only a few of them are strong enough to return to the dimension among living. Essentially, they return in a form close to demons, only to reveal their abyss cloak which resembles their lost soul. Their only desire is to return to their former embodiment through collecting bones.​
    Environment
    They appear on any planet that is corrupted by lava, the volcanic gleam in their eyes draw them towards the essence of lava, for them it resembles the hell that they've been through in the past, and so they do not lose hope.​
    Loot
    When they are defeated, they drop their bones, but their essence of eternal abyss is still holding on to the bone's structure. So you can get bone equipment and the cloak of abyss once it is peeled off and tested in a lab to be solidified.​
    Movement
    They move slowly while dragging their abyss cloak against the ground, silently but surely searching for their next prey, just so they can use their bones to complete themselves.​
    Combat
    They use their sharp bone sword or any other bone formed into a weapon to slice their prey into pieces. They can also be seen using a shield made of bone to protect themselves in their advanced form.​
    Advanced Forms
    *Updated*​
    The eternal soul is known to collect bones from any defeated creature; "Mob, Player, NPC, Boss, etc" in order to "complete" itself however it sees fit. The more bones it collects, the closer it gets to a "complete form". A most recent discovery shows that it has successfully advanced into a Bone Goliath, hopefully there will be more images coming soon.​
    Incomplete Bone Goliath
    [​IMG]
    This is a Incomplete Bone Goliath form, it is one of the first advanced forms the Eternal Soul can turn into. It uses it's spinal cord to slap enemies towards it's arm blades, then attempts to stab them while they are vulnerable. In order to defeat this form you have to attack it's spinal cord while it is not attacking.​
    If anyone wants to help out with drawing bone formations then that would be very nice, as you probably have noticed already, I'm not that experienced with drawing bones. So I would gladly accept all the help I can get from the community. Here is a clean image of the Incomplete Bone Goliath in case you might want to use it for something.
    Contributions from the Community:
    All your drawings will be listed below in this section. :DD
    • Crazyon (Also posted the idea of Giant Bone Goliath as a formation)
    [​IMG]
    (Rare form possibly?)​
    Thanks for taking the time to read this guys, if you have any questions or ideas related to this suggestion; feel free to reply. A like is always appreciated. I'm thinking to update this thread with maybe some more examples and images when I get around to it. Thanks again for reading. :V

2. What happens if they get all the bones they need?

XRiZUX and WoxandWarf like this.
  3. How many bones do they need to achieve critical mass o_O

XRiZUX likes this.
  4. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

What environmental theme would you prefer? I'm open to any ideas. :DD

I was thinking they would become more powerful, not only can they use a shield made of bone when they advance, but their body would also be protected by bones as armor. So they would be harder to defeat basically, and probably drop more bone equipment, at least the bone equipment would be stronger as opposed to how strong they are when in advanced form. :DD

5. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Would they become giant bone goliaths if they aquire all the bones they need?

XRiZUX likes this.
  6. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

I like it but will it spawn underground or above ground?

XRiZUX likes this.
  7. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

That's not a bad idea, I haven't really thought much about their advanced form other than that they would use bones in order to become "complete" in some way. So I suppose they could become a giant bone goliath, it would be interesting to fight one. :DD

8. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Because having it spawn in dark areas will make it so that the cape is invisible and only the eyes and bones will be seen

9. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

sprite reminds me of something from bleach (the thing that has ichigo)
    still, a nice idea

10. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Well the idea is that they spawn around lava, or on blocks that would appear around lava. So if you used the block type that they spawn on and build some large area of it, they could spawn of that, but not in a large amount. And I suppose their advanced forms would spawn even more rarely or something. :DD

11. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

Me like :DD

12. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

That's a good idea, they could spawn from a corpse in their standard shape, with just a bone helm and some kind of bone weapon. When it walks over another corpse it could randomly get a bone armor etc. If it continues it could suddenly start glowing the same way it's eyes glow, and BAM turns into a GIANT BONE GOLIATH! :DD Smashes everything in sight! :DD

WoxandWarf likes this.
  13. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

If XRiZUX lets me i can try to draw something, i am also thinking that it should have an animation of it picking through your corpse and cutting stuff off........:devil:

XRiZUX and Auraknight like this.
  14. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

How awesome AND gruesome :DD :DD

Auraknight likes this.
  15. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Rare form possibly?

Attached Files:

XRiZUX and Bughunter like this.
  16. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

I mean can you imagine walking back to your corpse and seeing some weirdo in a black cape wearing bones sifting through all your stuff?

XRiZUX and Auraknight like this.
  17. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

Sorry about not being able to link the picture I drew :\ Only the small link.

18. Bughunter

Bughunter Spaceman Spiff

I like the basic idea :DD

19. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

i'ma dress up like one of these and do this on multiplayer to noobs when starbound comes out

20. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut