OOC Esoalaire (OOC Thread) APPS OPEN

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by The Alonne, Apr 17, 2016.

1. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

Esoalaire

" There is one constant in all existence. War. "

Esoalaire is set in the far future, where the entire definition of war has changed.
    War is still fought with infantrymen, tanks, planes, and artillery, but it's...

[​IMG]

Better.

Esoalaire will be comprised of three acts, with several main events set in a hyper-futuristic "Star System" set in deep space.

First of all, none of the pictures are mine, they will be taken down at the request of moderator and the such.

Secondly, I thank @Jareix Cryvix for letting me use the layout of his OOC 1st page.

Rules:

1.Don't be a jerk. (Common sense)

2. GM's word goes, if you're angry about something, contact me or Arra, the head GM, in a private conversation.

GMS

Head-Gm @Arra Protagonist plot

Co-Gm @The Alonne Antagonist plot

The world of Esoalaire is a solar system with a black hole sun. There are 5 planet/ planetary systems and 3 races not including the normal Starbound races.
    The area where this takes place is known as the " Galaxial Rift. "

This galaxy is situated in deep space, where it would take decades to reach even with the most advanced ships, so this area is naturally cut off from the rest of existence.

All of the energy for nearly everything comes from their strange sun, with an even stranger complex running dangerously close to the event horizon. The complex delivers energy via ancient probes that travel from planet to planet several times every year

PerSona: A terrorist organization hellbent on taking on the government, which they label as "corrupt". They are led by a human named Emile Novak. Not much else is known at this time. (This will be the antagonist faction, we'll probably make a 4-player limit on these guys. Don't want the entire RP to be overrun with baddies now, do we?)

Emiross Royalty: The leaders and defenders of the planet Emiross and its' assets

Terminian Democracy: Defends Terminia and the Esoalaire production and training grounds located in the system.

Etridian council: Highest caste of Etridian society, enforces their isolationism with an iron fist

The three races are

Serans - Peaceful, yet highly advanced artificial intelligences, who resemble humans to some extent, the only difference being is that they are lankier, have no mouth and have three eyes. Colony ships: J'ren J'rea and Precursor

Etridians- Reptilian humanoid from the waist up and a mass of organized tentacles from the waist down. Planet: Etrida's Planetary Fields

Terminians- Near exact replicas of humans, but with the propensity for telekinesis. And amazingly varied hair color. Planets: Terminia, Emiross

Now here's the fun part! Mechanized units, Esoalaires, named after their inventor, are used for nearly anything from farming to military use.

Four main types of Esoalaires

Lion class Esoalaire

[​IMG]
    This type is mainly used for defensive purposes, but does have uses in everyday life.
    These types of Esoalaires are usually outfitted with assault railguns or suppressor class ion weaponry.
    Most of their secondary weapons are missile pods and things of the same ilk.

Hornet class Esoalaires

[​IMG]
    These slimmer Esoalaires are used either for civilian purposes such as farming, recreational purposes and the such.
    The military use for these Esoalaires is either for reconnaissance or mounting heavy weaponry on an Esoalaire that can be quick enough to evade enemy fire, yet have an immense retaliatory strike.
    Secondary weaponry for this class is nonexistent, howsoever they do use things such as cloaking units and grapple charges.

Thunderhead class Esoalaires

[​IMG]
    Thunderheads normally are normally on the front lines, taking the brunt of the punishment.
    These Esoalaires can carry much more weaponry then others. Especially Compressed gas cannons, these Esoalaires being the only ones with enough mass to counteract the recoil.
    Their secondary weapons range from Smart fire missiles to defense turrets.

Glasswork Esoalaires

[​IMG]
    These Esoalaires are actually worn by the pilots,.Although everyone in the military may not have an actual Esoalaire, everyone should have Glasswork.
    Glassworks function as advanced body armor, and they have the ability to augment their users abilities.

Esoalaire only: All of these are just categories

Precision plasma weaponry

Compressed gas weaponry

Nanite blades.

Glasswork only:

Concussion rifles

Energy blades

Slug rifles

Line charges

Both:

Ion weaponry

Rail weaponry

Scatter weaponry

Gauss weaponry

Tesla weaponry

Laser weaponry

Name:
    Race: ( Can be any race, save for the ones you just made up. Can also be one of the three RP specific races }
    Appearance: ( No severe need for art, but if you have it that would be awesome! )
    Traits: Like lazy, ambitious, et cetera ) There should be a good amount of good traits, neutral traits, and bad. Enough bad traits and us GMs should be very gracious... Maybe even... helpful. Mwahahah > : 3
    Inventory:
    Esoalaire?: Yes or no question, if yes state the class, weaponry and description here )
    Glasswork: ( Explanation of your Glasswork suit, can bundle with appearance if ya want )
    Backstory:
    Stats: (These are very important. 20 points max, 7-9 is average. 5 and below = crippled. You start with 80 points to put into your skills. Good luck!)
    Strength: ( Measure of power, just how strong you are )
    Perception: ( Your ability to notice things, how observant you are )
    Endurance: ( How long you can keep going, how much energy you have )
    Constitution: ( Measure of ones toughness, your ability to work through the pain )
    Intelligence: ( Measure of how smart are you, your ability to work with advanced technology )
    Agility: ( Measure of your acrobatics and speed )
    Luck: 8 ( Measure of pure luck, determines whether the rail slug fired at you misses or rips your Esoalaire in twain )

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    haynesy566 likes this.
  2. Arra

Arra The End of Time

This is the correct one everyone!

The Alonne likes this.
  3. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Colour me interested. Just be careful with the GMPCs this time around...

Arra and The Alonne like this.
  4. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

Mhm.
    My character will just be there to move things alone, and not interfere with key plot points

Arra likes this.
  5. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Same here.

The Alonne likes this.
  6. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

This is very ambitious
    These things do not turn out as intended more often than not

The Alonne and Arra like this.
  7. Arra

Arra The End of Time

I have no idea how to take that statement, but thank you for your frankness.

The Alonne and zeskorion like this.
  8. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

I have done this multiple times and it turns out the same every time. My advice is to have a general script and a good grasp of physics, science, and plot

9. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Thank you, the critique is much appreciated. I will try to prove you wrong!

The Alonne and zeskorion like this.
  10. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

Please do. I very much want to see this succeed
    One question. How does this."black hole sun " work

The Alonne likes this.
  11. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

The system has a black hole instead of a normal star? or it's a reference to that song by Soundgarden...

HunterC1998, The Alonne and Arra like this.
  12. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Well, either the light could be due to the massive amounts of energized plasma being expelled at the poles of the black hole, or due to light bending around the immense gravitational pull of it.

And yes, that was an intentional reference

But yes, there is a problem with it being a black hole sun, thermodynamics would be reversed.

Earth has a cold "sky" and a warm sun, this system is the opposite.

The Alonne likes this.
  13. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

How would thermodynamics become reversed? Can i have some explanation here?

The Alonne likes this.
  14. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Sorry, I spoke in haste about that.

The Alonne likes this.
  15. Arra

Arra The End of Time

war.jpg Mech1.jpg Mech2.png Mech3.png Glasswork.png

The Alonne likes this.
  16. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

a black hole will also not produce much energy. it would need to be a very small black hole- most suck up suns.

17. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

It's not that they don't produce energy, it's that they don't release it. I wouldn't worry too much about the exact mechanics behind them; black holes are after all some of the least understood objects in the universe.

18. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

eh, i wont argue physics here. but a black hole could never function as a sun. planets would need to spin very very fast to keep from being sucked in

19. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

You assume black holes are space vacuum cleaners. If you where to swap our sun, Sol with an equal mass black hole, the only thing that would happen is we'd freeze to death from lack of sunlight. You can achieve a stable orbit around a black hole, just due to the average mass of such objects the safe distance would be much further.

20. zeskorion

zeskorion Oxygen Tank

all that ironed out, i will make an app when others submit theirs