1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Error

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Sandity, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Sandity

Sandity Space Hobo

how to fix "Exception caught in client main-loop (MapException) Key 'missionxsm_merchant' not found in mal::get()" wont allow me to access sail and as soon as i access sail it sends me to this error screen

2. Plasmataz

Plasmataz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are you running any mods? Mods that add missions to SAIL or somehow change how SAIL works might cause a conflict. If you're not running any mods, you should verify the local cache, or if all else fails, do a clean install.
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335 <--- How to Verify Cache if you don't know how.

3. Sandity

Sandity Space Hobo

Says all files are validated and ive already tried doing so earlier but to no avail
    ive tried removing mods and reinstalling the game

4. Monario

Monario Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm not really sure myself how to fix the game from there, but for future reference I'd avoid or take extra precautions when installing mods that add new missions, or modify existing ones. As far as I understand it when you uninstall a mod it's not so much uninstalling as it is removing the added or modified files, then the game is left looking for something that's no longer there.

5. Sandity

Sandity Space Hobo

only problem is that i havent downloaded any mods adding missions to my sail the only thing i added mod wise was a Sail appearance changer which showed the old race specific sails

6. stealthXG

stealthXG Pangalactic Porcupine

Are you using that mod in multiplayer?

7. Plasmataz

Are you by any chance running the XS Mech or ZZ Mech modifications mod / recently removed them?

8. Sandity

Sandity Space Hobo

Only play solo and thats one of the mods i removed

9. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

ZZ Mech modifications mod adds the "missionxsm_merchant" so you will have to install the mod again or edit your playerfile with the tools provided by starbound. If you don't know how to use commandline tools and how JSON works you can attach your playerfile in a zipfile and i remove that entry for you. Always make sure when removing mods that you removed all items and so on. If it affects some other things you should contact the mod author for further assistance.

~ Iris ~

10. Plasmataz

You're basically going to continuously crash whenever you talk to SAIL unless you either reinstall that mod through steam (and the XS Mechs Base), or use this Unistallation patch that is provided on the ZZ Mechs mod page.
    http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37999906/xsmechs_variants/zzmech%20patch.zip
    Download that .pak file and drop it into your starbound mods folder from the main directory.

11. Sandity

Sandity Space Hobo

doesnt make much sense as i got rid of the mod but ok

12. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

The data is still stored in your save. Simply removing the mod doesn't remove the stored data. When starbound accesses this data but the core data isn't present anymore it'll crash.

~ Iris ~

13. Ispano

Ispano Phantasmal Quasar

Game files are x and y. Your save references x and y. You install mod z, which adds file z. Now your save references files x, y and z. You remove mod z, save still references file z. Error.

So, yeah it does make sense. Same kind of thing happens in Skyrim.

14. Sandity

Sandity Space Hobo

Ok ive got "uninstall patch" now what does one do with it

15. Plasmataz

You just drop it into the mods folder in your main starbound directory.

16. Sandity

Sandity Space Hobo

ok its there,something supposed to happen now?

17. Plasmataz

Nope. It's should just work now. Go talk to SAIL and see if you crash.