Error in SMAPI when loading save

Discussion in 'Support' started by vandall06, Mar 26, 2019.

1. vandall06

vandall06 Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone,

I recently came back to this game and found that whenever I loaded my save game on version 1.3.36 with all my mods it would crash and provide a long error in SMAPI. I went to a backup of my game on 1.3.33 and the game save would load, but with the following error as well. This error is the same on both my 1.3.36 and 1.3.33 backup.

[18:29:01 ERROR game] Exception occured trying to access file 'C:\Users\Evan\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\backups\SaveGameInfo'
    [18:29:01 ERROR game] System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\Evan\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\backups\SaveGameInfo'.
    File name: 'C:\Users\Evan\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\backups\SaveGameInfo'
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at StardewValley.Menus.LoadGameMenu.FindSaveGames() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\LoadGameMenu.cs:line 480

The following below is the error I get only when using the 1.3.36 version of the game, which also includes the above error. I also get this error even if I remove all SMAPI mods entirely, leaving the folder empty.

at StardewValley.GameLocation.reloadMap() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 809
    at StardewValley.GameLocation..ctor(String mapPath, String name) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 702
    at StardewValley.SlimeHutch..ctor(String m, String name) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\SlimeHutch.cs:line 21
    at StardewValley.Buildings.Building.getIndoors(String nameOfIndoorsWithoutUnique) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Buildings\Building.cs:line 528
    at StardewValley.Buildings.Building.load() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Buildings\Building.cs:line 562
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.loadDataToLocations(List`1 gamelocations) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1630
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c.<getLoadEnumerator>b__56_3() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1251
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    [SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden update loop: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Maps\winery". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Maps\winery.xnb". File not found.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__56.MoveNext() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 0
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 297

Would anyone happen to know what is going on?

Thanks for your time.

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

It would be better if you uploaded your SMAPI log to http://log.smapi.io and post the link here. It gives more information than what you have given us.

• vandall06

https://log.smapi.io/ThuMYdyv

Here is the link, with the copied text. The other text was generated in a log error with my savegame name on it.

• Mizzion

Mizzion Phantasmal Quasar

Not sure if that's all the info, but from what is there, The game can't find a save game file it's looking for

Code:
          C:\Users\Evan\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves\backups\SaveGameInfo
          That's one of the files that has information related to your save.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Cosmos Killer

That error is because the game is trying to load your backups folder as a save; I suggest moving backups out of the Saves folder.

Once you fix that, can you cause the error in 1.3.36 again and post a new log?

• vandall06

Moving the backups folder removed that issue, thank you very much Pathos!

Here is the new log, uploaded to the site Mizzion posted.

https://log.smapi.io/MMPKH0S3

Thank you very much for your time.

After reading the logs more in depth myself, I noticed that it was missing a "winery.xnb" from a mod I installed unrelated to SMAPI. I placed that file in, and with Pathoschilds backup fix, I am now running error free. Thank you very much for your time everyone on this, and Pathos, Thanks for all the modding and work you've put into this community. Have a wonderful night everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2019