Modding Help Error Custom Farming Redux

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Yuka Code, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Platonymous

Platonymous Big Damn Hero

@Malrift
    These should fix both issues.

Attached Files:

• DragonDreads

DragonDreads Phantasmal Quasar

I have had an issue with the Lemonade Maker giving an error. screenshot below. Also how do you change the sale price of the items given, at least the soap kitchen as the sales price is less than half what the cost of the ingredients I added were.

https://imgur.com/rrq1Udb

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

As to the first error, you need x 3 fruit for the lemonade maker, not x 1.

As to the second, that stuff can be edited in the json files.

• DragonDreads

Thanks for the response. As far as the .json files are concerned can you please indicate which line controls the selling price as this one looks different than the ones I'm used to seeing for crops etc.

{
          "id": 4,
          "name": "Soap Kitchen",
          "legacy": "Platonymous.NewMachines.SoapKitchen.json",
          "description": "Use flowers and oil to make soap",
          "category": "Crafting",
          "crafting" : "388 10 335 1 336 1 572 1",
          "texture": "newmachines2.png",
          "pulsate": false,
          "tileindex": 0,
          "readyindex": 7,
          "frames": 6,
          "starter":
          {
          "index": 247
          },
          "production":
          [
          {
          "name": "Soap",
          "description": "All natural soap",
          "texture": "newproduce.png",
          "tileindex": 11,
          "index": 224,
          "time": 600,
          "prefix": true,
          "materials":
          [
          {
          "index": -80
          }
          ]
          }
          ]
          },

• SpringsSong

SpringsSong Cosmic Narwhal

Hm... I might've been wrong on that part. I've really only dealt with CFR in regards to JA and custom items. I'm not sure how it handles pricing in that case, then.

• DragonDreads

That's why I asked here hoping someone would know. I did try the lemonade maker again using the 3x fruit. It took 3x fruit and 3x sugar, ran for 50 minutes then stopped. With no finished product showing but a whole lot of red errors. So maybe I'm doing something wrong.

https://log.smapi.io/3MegqM6S

• lexiejetts

lexiejetts Void-Bound Voyager

@DragonDreads
                "index": 224.. is a spaghetti data. that's how the soap got its price. so, basically you can change the index to whatever vanilla items in-game if you wish to change it to something else. that's afaik about CFR documentation that I figured out myself..

• DragonDreads

I wonder if there was a way to change it to be similar to that of the preserves/jellies/wine in that it takes the base cost of the item and multiplies it by a set amount. I.E. 2x base cost of basic vegetable. Having a set price like spaghetti limits what to use to make the soap with and still make a profit. The machine is a complete waste of resources if it's a set price since the value of one of the ingredients varies with what's used.

Thanks for reply, I appreciate it.

lexiejetts likes this.
                  • gwynhefar

gwynhefar Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! Yet another person who loves your work here to bother you about an error! I'm getting the following error on launch. Any idea what's causing it. Take your time, I know you're busy!

[11:08:49 ERROR SMAPI] Custom Farming Redux failed on entry and might not work correctly. Technical details:
                    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                    at CustomFarmingRedux.CustomFarmingReduxMod.loadPacks() in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomFarmingRedux\CustomFarmingReduxMod.cs:line 309
                    at CustomFarmingRedux.CustomFarmingReduxMod.Entry(IModHelper helper) in C:\Users\David\Documents\GitHub\Stardew-Valley-Mods\CustomFarmingRedux\CustomFarmingReduxMod.cs:line 36
                    at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods(IModMetadata[] mods, JsonHelper jsonHelper, SContentManager contentManager) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 792

• Dannka

Dannka Void-Bound Voyager

Hey!
                      I just wanted to say that the cfr folder I downloaded on Nexus has missing files and so the whole Mod didnt work right.
                      Only after downloading it directly from here, all the Machines showed up in the game. Please check on that.

• dariattic

dariattic Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, sorry, I can't seem to figure out how to get a log, I hope posting a screenshot would be okay.

I have a Drying Rack on my farm. It has finished the drying process and displays the produce I can get out of it. However, each time I hover my cursor over it, SMAPI just spams this error. So I can't interact with the machine in any way other than blowing it up with a bomb.
                        I haven't tested any of the other machines, though.

I have the latest PyTK and Custom Element Handler. Of the major mods, I have Project Populate JsonAssets and most of its associated mods I think? I also have LookUpAnything, and it reacted fine to the machine before it finished producing.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix this?

upd: nevermind, turns out I just needed to update NET Framework

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
                        • plasticpalfun

plasticpalfun Poptop Tamer

I'm unable to save games with items from Custom Farming Redux in my inventory. There are some SMAPI errors, and SDV stops responding.

https://log.smapi.io/ksXkev9A

• nicoseptian

nicoseptian Void-Bound Voyager

Is this thread still alive? There have been many bug reports on the Nexus page of CFR, but none got any response