RELEASED Erossavia's SDV Mods

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Erossavia, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Erossavia

Erossavia Void-Bound Voyager

I guess it's time to get my feet wet over here. Let me begin by saying, I am in awe of the talent on these forums. Y'all are amazing. Secondly, an artist, I am not. Not even a little, so I'm sure some of this could look much better if done by someone who actually knows what the heck they are doing. I have zero coding experience and my modding experience is almost as abysmal. Oh and I tend to ramble--I'm the nervous sort so my apologies in advance.

Here's what I have done so far (and I even managed to bumble my way into making them Content Patcher compatible!)...

A Dark Brown Brick Path - I made this so I'd have a path to match the beautiful recolors in the A Toned Down Stardew Valley mod by LavenderLight. I love that mod. It's just a recolor of the Crystal Floor. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2986

A new farm map. I call it the Ranch and it has premade animal pens (well, 3/4 premade, I left one end open so you'd have plenty of room for gates). https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2978 I learned the hard way there is a limit to how many animals the game can handle at one time...those ducks. There's just something about those ducks that gets me into trouble every time! :) So I made the map smaller than it originally was (it's still larger than the default map). This map replaces the Foraging Farm Map.

The Double Shed--Twice the Shed in a single building!
    https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2980

And my Tree Happy Greenhouse I made earlier in the year before life took me on a rollercoaster ride I didn't want to take. I'm quite proud of this one. LOTS of space. I was afraid it was too much space, but people seem to like it as it is. https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1797 I made this with the extra trees from Json Assets in mind. Now with options! Sprinkler Friendly and No Tree Plots.

I also made a Slimehutch Armory, ( https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1945 )but it's in need of updating. I'm still trying to relearn what little I had figured out earlier in the year before I had to step back from it. Then I come back to new ways of doing things, so now I've got to learn that, too. I really enjoy tinkering with this stuff. It's a challenge and it makes this old gal's brain work overtime, but it's fun and it makes me happy--which I'm in short supply of most days.

There are lots of screenshots of these on Nexusmods, the only place I've uploaded any of these to. I'm also open to suggestions or tips when it comes to this stuff. As I said, I may be disabled and getting old, but I'm eager to learn. ;)

(The pic has Hudson Valley Buildings (Garrison variant) by magimatica, A Toned Down Stardew Valley by LavenderLight, Hay Silo by Flor3nce2456, Eemie's Lamposts/Mailbox/Dark&Gold Craftables, and Epona horse replacement by Zhuria because Legend of Zelda! 20181022023142_1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
      GreenBliss, staarfruit and Mel Noelle like this.
    • Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

These look great! I maybe be trying a few of them soon.

I totally love big Greenhouses, however I do have to say some of the crop spaces you layed out don't allow sprinkler placing so easily (the 2 x 20 long ones). Maybe I'd suggest a 3 x 21 layout where you could put the quality sprinklers and use it for trellis crops (the 21 tiles length still works if you're using "Harvest with scythe", that's only a smart idea with that amount of crop space hehe)

I do have a question on the cave.. what happens when you choose the Mushroom cave? How many boxes get placed there?

Awesome work!

• Erossavia

Yeah, I tend to forget people use watering cans and sprinklers when playing. I use autowater. :) I did make a note to go in and look at that when I go to make a Not So Tree Happy Greenhouse :p someone requested. This was one of the first things I made, months ago before life got complicated and I had to step back for a while. I didn't actually count the sizes on any of it...just eyeballed it until I thought it looked good followed by a lot of copy/paste.

I'm not sure on the Mushroom Cave yet. I messed up my save and had to start over (when I screw something up, I do so royally), but I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out.

I still can't figure out warp points and despite two days of trying to merge some hairstyle files together, I'm still unsuccessful at it. I knew nothing about any of this stuff when I started beginning of the year, then I forgot most of that between stopping and coming back just last week. So I have a lot of catching up and learning to do, but I'm having a blast doing it--even when hair files make me want to pull mine out. I'm sure my long and ever-growing list of health issues doesn't help, but I'm determined to do it just the same.

• Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Big Damn Hero

These are fantastic! I wish I had the patience to learn like you did.

I'll be looking forward to any more work or changes from you and some news on the cave as well.
          Certainly be testing some of these when I can get back to active playing (I've just had eye surgery this Monday, I'm having the other eye surgery next Monday, it's quite unconfortable to write but very unconfortable to play right now)

• Erossavia

I finally unlocked the Mushroom boxes in the farm cave...apparently, you now get both! ROFL, I have no idea how it happened either. :p All I did was stretch the cave out a bit for more space... 20181027012408_1.jpg

• Erossavia

Unfortunately, it seems my cave edit broke the cave and I have no idea how to fix it. The Mushroom boxes never hit the point where they can be harvested, though the fruit is there every day. <sigh> Back to the drawing board.

• Mel Noelle

Mel Noelle Tentacle Wrangler

You're stuff is awesome! I recognized your name and realized, I've been using your greenhouse mod this whole time! Sorry your cave is broken, modding is hard. I'm sure you'll figure it out though! You can do it!!

• Erossavia

I added a couple of optional files for the greenhouse...alternate versions. One without all the tree spots (someone requested it that way) and a slightly more sprinkler friendly one. I never counted the plot sizes originally, I just eyeballed it until I thought they looked good. I guess I got lucky so many of them were perfectly sized for a sprinkler. :p

Glad to see people enjoying it. It makes me very happy to hear. I was a bit reluctant to try my hand at modding. I'll be 43 next month, and have no experience with code or modding or any of this stuff, though I do love to play games. But I've wanted to make a game since I was a kid, and well, with the software now available who knows what I might one day do. Until then, I figure the best place to start is with mods. There are times I want to pull my hair out, but I'm enjoying the challenge of learning this stuff on my own, despite my age and health issues. Plus Stardew is so much more fun with mods! :)

HopeWasHere and Darkcedars like this.
                  • staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

First of all, thank you for sharing your mods with us, they look amazing! But I'm posting because I'm having an issue, I'm using your expanded shed mod but I'm only able to change the wallpaper and flooring of the original area of the shed, when I try to apply a different wallpaper or flooring to the additional area nothing happens, I can still use the shed and put the machines and things like that on the addition you made, but the wallpaper and flooring refuses to change.

I've tried taking out all of my mods besides yours to make sure it wasn't a conflict, I've tried creating an entirely new save so that I could attempt to change them on a fresh shed, nothing I've tried has worked so far. It's not gonna stop me from using your mod, but it is slightly annoying, any idea what's going on?

Attached Files:

• Erossavia

Umm...I'm not sure. I'm still learning to do all this stuff and there may be tile commands I don't know about that didn't copy over or should have been used or I'm just guessing here, btw. I don't tend to change that stuff, so I wasn't aware it didn't work on both sides. I'll tinker with it later and see if I can figure out what's going on or if I need to yell for help from someone more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am. It may take me a few days to get to it, though. I'm recovering from a food poisoning incident over the weekend. :(

I wish I could learn this stuff faster, buy my old lady brain can only handle bite-sized chunks at a time here lately.

staarfruit likes this.
                      • Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

Unfortunately, the wallpaper/flooring is hard-coded in the game, so you won't be able to use it in the added areas of the shed(or new areas in the farmhouse). The only thing you can do is edit the shed.tbin with the wallpaper/flooring of your choice.

staarfruit likes this.
                        • staarfruit

staarfruit Pangalactic Porcupine

Well darn, okay. Like I said it's not a huge deal just something I noticed. Still loving that mod though! Also, I hope you feel better soon, never had food poisoning but I've heard it's horrible.

• Erossavia

Thank you for pointing that out before I gave myself a headache messing with it. And thanks. I'm already feeling much better. :)

• Moragaine

@Erossavia I had another thought looking at your cave picture: do you use Deluxe Grabber? The author accidently left some debug code in one of the recent versions that reset your cave whenever you hit a certain button; you wound up with fruit in your mushroom cave, but the boxes didn't work..

• Erossavia

Yeah, I do believe I have that addon. Is that what messed it up? Guess I should go reupload the cave to Nexus, then, lol I deleted it when I discovered it didn't work.

• Moragaine

The newest version of Deluxe Grabber has the stray code removed - you might want to make sure your cave is set to what you want before you upgrade it, though.