1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED ErisTech Space Heater 9000!

Discussion in 'Furniture and Objects' started by erisiah, Dec 9, 2013.

1. erisiah

erisiah Scruffy Nerf-Herder

-Tired of spamming campfires all over the place to keep warm? ErisTech's new Space Heater 9000
    Thermal Dynamic Aero Conditioning system will make your life easier! For just 4 easy payments
    of 125 pixels, you too can own a veritable furnace of the future!
    [​IMG]

-The Space Heater is a heat source that has a much greater range and heat value than the regular
    campfire. Whereas a campfire will heat you at 70 units per tick, the Space Heater will heat you
    for a whopping 200 units per tick! Not only that, but the range has been increased: from a
    piddling 8 tiles for the campfire, to a lengthy 20 tiles for the Space Heater!
    Don't spam campfires on those frozen ice planets! Let a Space Heater do the work, at a fraction
    of the cost!

The recipe:
    -Creating the Space Heater system requires that you have access to the Tier 2 recipes
    (the Metal Workstation). The recipe for the Space Heater is as follows:
    Code:
        - 5 Steel Bars   (for the heat resistant casing)
        - 2 Copper Bars  (for the thermally satisfying electric wires)
        - 1 Yellow Dye   (gotta have a good paint job!)
        - 100 pixels     (I gots ta get paid, brah!)

[​IMG]

Alternatively, you can scan a Space Heater into the 3D Printer and print as many as you want for
    only 500 pixels a piece!

To use:
    -Craft or purchase a Space Heater unit, then place in the world at the desired location.
    When you get cold, walk within the heating radius of the object, and marvel as your character
    acts less like a popsicle and more like the living, breathing PC that it is!

To Install:

-Drag the contents of the 'spaceheater' folder into the 'mods' folder of your Starbound installation.

-Play!

To Download:

-MediaFire link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/blqq2s2e16b157u/spaceheater.zip

-DropBox link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15246239/Games/Starbound/spaceheater.zip

Edit: Updated to work in Angry Koala! Merry Christmas!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  2. Chaze007

Chaze007 Aquatic Astronaut

This is by far the cutest little box.

Fullapple1991 likes this.
  3. erisiah

Thanks! I'm not much of an artist, so I'm pleased that someone else likes it too!

4. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Liked for sales pitch.

5. GunsFoHire

GunsFoHire Void-Bound Voyager

Couldn't get it to work, most likely cause I'm dumb

6. Doctor Ragnarok

Doctor Ragnarok Former Staff

Excellent idea and you didn't cheese it either. Not sure why this got pushed to the 'races' section though. Apparently we all need a bit more warmth in our lives.

7. snipercup

snipercup Aquatic Astronaut

Too much of a hassle to install. Also i'm not putting anything in my assets folder. The mods folder is supposed to go into the Starbound directory, not the assets folder. Make it compatible with this mod manager and im all in.

8. erisiah

Too much of a hassle? You drop one folder into your Starbound directory and add one line to the player.config. You can install it to a /mods/ folder outside of /assets/ as long as that folder is referenced in the bootstrap.config file, but if you're concerned about mucking up your game, I suggest you pass on this.

9. KatoHearts

KatoHearts Void-Bound Voyager

Why is this in the Races section again?

10. StonerMk2

StonerMk2 Void-Bound Voyager

Most likely just misplaced by the OP. Considering someone asked above you why this was here, i really dont think it needs to be asked again.

OP: AWESOME! Definitely going to be grabbing this.

11. BRAWW

BRAWW Vice-President of the Red Gang

Moved this to the correct subforum.

12. Genshou

Genshou Void-Bound Voyager

In hindsight, this is OP now that the nanostove is in the game. There's a tier10 mod out there and it's not even as good as this one as written. I do like the idea of a tier2 space heater, though. Now I want to sprite the glowy red space heaters from the Rebel base on Hoth. :O

13. Fullapple1991

Fullapple1991 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Idea: Air bubble maker, makes you able to live on a meteor\moon without the "living machine tinghamabob"! :D limited space but still better than that machine! :3