Modding Help Equipping Broadsword Crashes Client - Modded

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by MokahTGS, May 31, 2019.

1. MokahTGS

MokahTGS Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

For what it looks like this issue is caused by either a mod or a mod incompatibility. The broken broadsword is most likely affected by a mod you're using. Hard to tell which mod is causing this. Did you encounter this issue before?
    Which mods did you recently add? Was a mod recently updated?

Make a backup of your storage folder (if necessary) and try disabling the newly added (or updated) mods and see if the issue persists. If you find the faulty mod the best thing is to report the issue to the mod author then so he/she can fix it.

3. MokahTGS

Yeah, what's frustrating is that it could be any of the mods...which is a long list. At least I don't care about the universe or player files as I'm trying to get a new server setup. I guess I'll have to just go mod by mod...ug. Why oh why can't crash logs be more helpful...:nurusad:

I was hoping someone knew of mods on my list that modify the sword, to narrow down my search.

4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Moved to Starbound modding. Might be better here then. ;)

5. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Google tells me it might be an issue with prop pack

6. MokahTGS

I'll start there.

7. MokahTGS

Prop Pack is not the issue.

8. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Not sure if that is the actual crash log, because it says client shutdown gracefully.
    You need to actually crash the client and then grab the latest log from that.

9. MokahTGS

OK, so I actually narrowed down the problem. The issue was actually some sort of mod mix up on the server side. When I loaded up a SP game everything works, but when I tried to join our server the client "crashed." I'm not sure what happened, but the dynamic linking that we were doing stopped working. I had to use a script to physically copy the mods from the workshop folder to the mods folder. After that, things started working again.

The problem is that there are conflicting instructions for getting workshop mods working on a dedicated server and the method we were using for years stopped working. I'm not sure why.

The script in question is called SWEL and works like a charm to get things working on the dedicated server. The guide for anyone else having this issue in the future is here:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=735510285