EPP/Armour slots

Discussion in 'Other' started by Broodie, Sep 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Broodie

Broodie Void-Bound Voyager

Hey there!

I think the new update for the EPP's and augments are really cool and all, however I've noticed that having to wear the EPP troughout almost every planet makes it so that it's almost impossible to ever use the lantern stick backware.

I think it would be really cool to make it so that both backware armour slots are active. :)

thanks for your consideration!

2. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Why use the lantern stick when you have the light augment?

3. Voidthoughts

Voidthoughts Poptop Tamer

Why use the light augment when you have the gravity augment?

While it's true that the lantern stick for planets that you don't need an EPP to travel on, why did they make the Xenon Pack if they wanted players to be able to get their light from the non-cosmetic back slot? Xenon Pack is made for planets with durasteel or better ores, but many of these planets you need an EPP for.

Plus why have any other augments if the light augment is basically a necessity unless you want to constantly place torches? I honestly don't know why they removed the ability for back light items to keep working even in the cosmetic back slot. If augments were for to the rest of your armor having the light augment would make sense, but with so many other augments that have much more interesting effects why use something with such a mundane function?

I agree with Broodie, I think it'd be awesome if the devs considered at least making back light effects still work even when in the cosmetic slot.

4. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Lighting backpacks used to work in the cosmetic slot? Huh.

Anyways, yeah, that's a good point. No reason to even have the Xenon and Halogen packs (or lantern stick) if you can only use them on planets without EPP requirements.

Voidthoughts likes this.
  5. grnwitexp

grnwitexp Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I really wish the backpacks worked in the cosmetic slots or became a upgrade for the EPP's. I mean I guess you could make a ton of Yellow stimulant and you'd give off some light, but aint nobody got time for that.