1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Entering a specific area on my planet make everything stop loading and freezes my game

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by XtaZ, May 9, 2019.

1. XtaZ

XtaZ Big Damn Hero

So this issue appeared out of nowhere a while ago where a chunk of my planet is corrupted or broken and entering this specific causes everything to stop loading, NPCs freeze but I can still move around, attack, open menus etc as you can see in the video. This issue happens 100% of the time when entering this particular area from either side of the planet and it only affects maybe a chunk of 5-10% of the total planet size. Everything works perfectly normal except for this. The only way to recover from this is to kill Starbound in task manager as I can't quit it with the in-game option as nothing happens and then restart the game.

Video:

My game is heavily modded with both updated and outdated mods, but I have tried everything to make the world load properly like reinstalling the game and all mods, booting up with zero mods, booting up with only frackin universe, doing a heavy mod cleanup to remove most of the outtdates ones.

I have also tried to create a new character and enter the same world, but the same problem triggers on other characters as well.

The last thing I remember doing in that area while it was still working was printing a huge building with Pilchenstein's "Base In A Box"-addon, but I have already talked to him to find out if his addon could cause an issue like this but he didn't think that would be possible, and I know the area was working after the print during that game session and sometime after so I dont think the addon is the issue either.

I have attached the .log file. This is the log created immediatly after force closing the game at the end of the video above.

Hope someone can help or have any clue what is triggering this and why the problem is only limited to a small part of the world and not the entire thing.

Attached Files: