1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED EnhancedTemperature 1.3.2 reup

Adds a more complex temperature system to starbound

1. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

The HP reduce on stage 2 was a bug and not intended. Iirc i fixed this in an earlier version but im not too sure about it.

edit:
    Ah i fixed it but forgot to release the bugfix earlier :nuruconfused:

2. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Ohh okay. Can't wait for the new version. :3

3. JTeam_

JTeam_ Void-Bound Voyager

It seems that removing the mod .pak also removes the character, but putting the mod back restores the character as well.

4. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

This is intented and written in red in the description / overview of the mod.

*** DISCLAIMER ***
    Installing this mod is a one-way trip. Already generated planets won't be affected unless you import them. Characters and their shipworlds are compatible so they can be kept. However your character will get incompatible when removing this mod. Make sure you backup your storage folder before installing this mod!

5. JTeam_

JTeam_ Void-Bound Voyager

6. Iris Blanche

7. Iris Blanche

8. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Frackin universe patch?

9. Iris Blanche

^ this. Had to post 2 updates cuz the first upload didnt work.
    Rest is done when its done. Focus is atm on personal stuff and not on modding.

10. Iris Blanche

Time for some news eh?

The system as it is now will be dropped and replaced with another due to api limitations.
    Following changes are planned/in the work:
    - No temperature calculation anymore. Instead planets will have a day and night preset (warm, cold etc) without changes.
    - Exposure will be replaced with body temperature because its way easier to track. (maybe racial benefits/penalties?)
    - Body temperature change will be affected by the planet preset, weather, planet layer (underground, surface, space)
    - Armor value will determine temperature change "protection"
    - EPP will also affect temperature change (they will also be mandatory again for extreme cold or hot planets)
    - Vanity sets will not provide any bonus (at least not now)
    - Food will receive extra effects for warming up/cooling down
    - Materials (snowblock, iceblock etc) will affect temperature change
    - Objects like Heater, vents etc will also provide additional buffs
    - The quest tracking will be removed, instead sail will be more talkative as indicator (additional status effects will also be added)

Kinda what i planned/already working on atm.
    Any suggestions are welcome. :kitten:

11. Mumpfbrapp

Mumpfbrapp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

"- Armor value will determine temperature change "protection" "
    I am curious how that would work with a thick Cloth Armour as an example,
    that could have a low AV against slashing and cutting and heat as temperature, but it has a high AV against cold.
    Furthermore, Plate Armour has a high AV against cutting and slashing, but is boiling you alive in a heated environment.

"- Materials (snowblock, iceblock etc) will affect temperature change"
    I LOVE the idea of blocks having a temperature effect, just do not go overboard with that °winks° In reality, an iglu -actually- keeps you warm, not cold.

12. Iris Blanche

This would require me to add every piece of armor to a list with some sort of classification or sth. Dunno if im going to do this but i'll keep it in mind. Maybe i'll add it as extra addon for higher difficulty so ppl can decide on their own which armor system they want.

Atm i am planning cold materials slightly increasing freezing and hot materials slightly increasing heating up. Dunno if i am going to do shelter detection or sth for determining structures. It was planned but i dropped it for now.

13. Nazgulik

Nazgulik Orbital Explorer

Yay, thank you for working on such a grape thing^^ My boyfriends complaining about Chucklefish cut the temperature system... it make me mad already x) Cant wait for 2.0 release to play with him.

14. Hoid

Hoid Space Hobo

Hello, just wondering if this is still being worked on? It sounds super :)

15. Iris Blanche

Yup, tho i'll probably have to drop some of the planned stuff since i cant find any good way to implement it.

Hoid likes this.
  16. Hoid

Hoid Space Hobo

Awesome! I eagerly (but patiently) await your updates :) Good luck with your progress!

17. Iris Blanche

Since 1.4 beta is in the unstable branch rn i'll release the update after the 1.4 update so that the mod will be compatible to the newest update.

Corax, SacredCaedeus and Hoid like this.
  18. yonttebloke

yonttebloke Void-Bound Voyager

so what does exposure actually do
    i was running around on an asteroid field with about -100 exposure and it didn't seem to cause any harm

19. Iris Blanche

75 and -75 normally trigger lethal effects. I assume you were in admin mode, which is why nothing happened to you. The exposure effects are also listed in the ingame codex.

20. yonttebloke

yonttebloke Void-Bound Voyager

i wasn't
    i was going in and out of a mech though