1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enhanced Storage 6.0.4

A quality of life mod which improves the whole storage system of Starbound.

1. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

Yep, I write it down to my list.
    Any other objects maybe?
    A mod update for only one thing would be a bit strange. ;)

2. crazygreggy

crazygreggy Phantasmal Quasar

I'll have a look see. That struck me as being an odd one out as it doesn't have multiple models.
    EDIT: Have you covered the Sewer Tanks yet? Those Christmas trees too - perfect for storing presents! There are some dubious subjects as well: Glitch buckets and wheelbarrows.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  3. NeoVanAlemania

The sewer tank and glitch bucket maybe.. but the wheelbarrow and christmas tree are not really storage containers. :geek:

crazygreggy likes this.
  4. NeoVanAlemania

5. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

6. NeoVanAlemania

Huh..

I tried both versions after your post and here's the result:

Standard Edition: http://snag.gy/XkB75.jpg
    Hoarder Edition: http://snag.gy/UkITj.jpg

As you can see the Hoarder Edtion have a ship locker with 120 slots and the Standard Edition 100 slots. (???)

7. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome, love the fact that you are supporting other popular mods that add storage containers now! Thanks :D

Was wondering though, if I wanted to slightly edit storage capacity for my server to my liking on some containers would it be not too complex to achieve? :poke:

8. NeoVanAlemania

There are over 150 objects right now. It needs a bit time to change each size manually. ^^

If you want to adjust all objects I recommend to use Notepad++ to replace files automaticly. In this case I can send you my excel table to make it more easy.
    With this table and notepad++ you can auto replace e.g. objects with 100 slots to 80 slots, for all files.

StarScribe likes this.
  9. myomi13

myomi13 Pangalactic Porcupine

I frickin love this mod. It makes all storage options so useful. I can actually fit all my crops in a fridge now.:rofl:

Can i recommend that your next compatibility update you could include Pack & Print(You might only need to tweak lockers) and the Viera Race Mod(Has themed chests and storage).

Thanks for even making this mod honestly though. It's an essential if you use mods that add a lot of content, and/or if you hoard anything that looks useful like me :rofl:.

P.S. Does adding storage space require major gui changes? I'd hate to bother you everytime there's new storage objects. Do you have to have a image file of the slots and set offsets/positions and whatnot?

10. crazygreggy

Not sure if Pack and Print is current. It was certainly updated not long ago but that was before the most recent game update. Still, it would be a nice one to add to the compatibility list.
    EDIT: Actually, just rechecked it and it's working fine. So, adding compatibility request seconded!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  11. NeoVanAlemania

I will take a look at this mod(s). ;)
    There are 300 slots lockers right? Keep this capacity and add only the "keeping items" function to this objects?[DOUBLEPOST=1424902607][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Each gui consists of: Config file (text), Header (img), Footer (img), Body (img) and shine overlay (img). So for each container size I have to change these files. What's the reason for your question?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  12. crazygreggy

Yup. "Keeping Items" function would be blissful. I won't tell you how many accidents I've had with a miss pressed button and a massive disgorging of items from a " picked up" 300 slot safe.

13. myomi13

myomi13 Pangalactic Porcupine

I was debating whether or not I was willing to manually expand the storage on unsupported objects. I only play single player so sometimes I adjust things for my own personal use. Like I said I wouldn't really feel right pestering you or anyone else if another mod that adds a bunch of storage objects comes out. I'm not trying to steal anything from you I just know that if it doesn't involve intensive coding I prefer adding compatibility/bugfixes myself until the modder does it. Just to pacify myself and learn a little. I do it all the time, but I'd never release anything that would be just all sorts of wrong. Starbound is pretty straightforward to mod in my opinion, not easy, but I actually understand most of the files,assets and logs. I try to assume modders have lives :rofl:, so I try to be self sufficient until an official update.

14. StarScribe

StarScribe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sounds great! If in some near future you can... it would be great that you kept the mod with customization in mind, so that not only would this mod would rebalance storage containers, but would also make it easy for any user to edit the size of containers to what they like as well.

While I do majorly agree on your choices for storage capacity, there are some objects that I personally would like to modify to have smaller/bigger capacity then is set by the mod by default. I do have notepad++ but I dont have excel, but any assistance in helping me understand easier methods for customizing containers modified by this mod would be greatly appreciated!

*Edit*

Suggestion, perhaps if you do decide to make this mod more customization friendly... can you add an additional feature later with a library of image files for storage containers with various different sizes to choose from and perhaps some simple tutorials on how to manually customize the container sizes.

15. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

Ok, then its not working for me at all, which is weird, it worked before I updated(I thought?) and now it doesn't. log file says its loaded and it shows up on the main menu, no errors in log either...

16. NeoVanAlemania

Strange... can you send me a screenshot of your mods folder and maybe the mod folder itself?
    I think it would be better to handle this in a private conversation. ;)

You can change the files as you wish for private use. If you have any questions about that just start a private conversation. I will help as good as I can. ;)

I think a good choice is to create an external GUI for changing the container sizes individually. But this should take a while until it's finished. :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    StarScribe likes this.
  17. NeoVanAlemania

I am in a small dilemma about the capacity of the Pack & Print mod right now.
    The Enhanced Storage mod changes the capacity of all objects depending on their used tiles. Well, mostly all objects of Pack & Print have 100 slots. Do I change them depending on their size too or not?

18. crazygreggy

Is there any way to retain the 300 slot safe set? While I personally would like the " break and pick up with contents intact " aspect , if that means a reduction in size then I'll opt for not changing Pack and Print. Maybe make it a separate patch that can be applied at the users discretion. On the other hand, if it means some of the lower tiered containers end up with a greater capacity then I certainly can't complain too much.

19. NeoVanAlemania

I want to keep the 300 slots chests but the 100 slots chests should be smaller than before, if I change the size depending on their used tiles. I don't know wether it is the right choice.

20. crazygreggy

I guess try it and see. I use Pack and Print and will be happy to try it out and test things out for you. Honestly, with all the storage options available reducing some of the lower tier, smaller capacity chests might end up being irrelevant. For me it's always going to be about persistent inventory rather than chest capacity( except for the upper tier safes etc).