1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enhanced Storage 6.0.4

A quality of life mod which improves the whole storage system of Starbound.

1. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania Space Kumquat

Thanks. ;)
    I think this is a mistake. I will fix this as soon as I can. :chrono:

EDIT: Yes, I remember... the devs renamed the old tarchest into tarpitchest (filename). As I said will fix this.

2. Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

Ok! I wasn't entirely sure, so I figured I'd shoot you a heads up! I guess this means I've officially lost my lurker status, as I've finallyyyy posted something. lol :3

3. NeoVanAlemania

NeoVanAlemania updated Enhanced Storage with a new update entry:

Bug fixing

Read the rest of this update entry...[DOUBLEPOST=1422659273][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Enjoy your Tar Pit Chest with 48 slots right now. Thanks a lot for your report and your review! I hope there are no more problems yet. :up:

4. Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

Thank you so much, you're awesome! :D

5. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

compile error on the folder generic/gunchest. removed that folder until you can fix this, works fine.
    Code:
    Info: Writing Star::Configuration to '.\../giraffe_storage\starbound.config'
    [22:05:46.973] Error: Could not load /objects/generic/gunchest/gunchest.object asset, using default.
    (AssetException) Could not read variant asset /objects/generic/gunchest/gunchest.object
    Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /objects/generic/gunchest/gunchest.object
    Caused by: (VariantPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. Could not apply operation to base. Attempted to add a value to already existing key: lightColor
    [

6. NeoVanAlemania

When did you get this error?
    Here it works fine without any issues.

7. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

today. I'll redownload it and try again.

8. NeoVanAlemania

I would be nice when you send me your complete log file if your second try won't work.
    Hum.. the patch file of the gunchest has exactly the same code as all the other storage objects. I am wondering.

9. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

give me a bit and I'll test it again.[DOUBLEPOST=1422708161][/DOUBLEPOST]wierd, it didn't mess up even with all the mods I have installed active. good times. issue magically resolved ^.^

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  10. NeoVanAlemania

11. Coremancer

Coremancer Aquatic Astronaut

12. NeoVanAlemania

No problem. ;)

13. Rosabella

Rosabella Big Damn Hero

Hi! Mod looks great. I was wondering if it will work for multi-player? E.g. inviting someone into my own private server? Thanks

14. NeoVanAlemania

Thanks!
    In multiplayer mode all players have to use the same mods I think.

15. Rosabella

Rosabella Big Damn Hero

Great, thanks! I hoard a lot so the mod is really useful :)

16. NeoVanAlemania

Very nice, thank you too! :D

17. NeoVanAlemania

I created a new version for testing!
    Are there someone who want to test it and give me some feedback?

What this BETA does:

Moveable containers! (persistent content)

• All storage containers with increased capacity now keep all their stored items after breaking down the container.
      • The position of stored items will be exactly the same after rebuild the container.
      • Storage containers of the same kind, with identical content and item position can be stacked in the inventory.
      • Empty containers are still stackable with vanilla ones.
      • Filled containers can be stored in other containers to extend the capacity even more, this can be repeated infinitely.
        (It is your choice whether you want this method or not)

If you want to help me about testing, please backup your Savegame at first, just in case!

> Download Enhanced Storage 1.03 BETA <

18. Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

Sounds awesome! I'll see what I can and can't do... :sarcasm:[DOUBLEPOST=1422904736][/DOUBLEPOST]

At first I thought it didn't work at all, and my items spewed out all over my ship, and then I realized the locker I had broken was the "Your Locker" from the "Your Starbound Crew" mod, which is basically a lab locker with 60 slots... And then I realized I messed up. rofl. >.< It seems to be working well though!

I went through a camp on a starting planet and mined all the crates. When I was done, I had about 13 big ones, all seperate, in my inventory. I placed them down, and all the cruddy loot was still there. I broke my ship lockers I have on my ship, and those all worked fantasticly aswell, along with the labratory lockers, and eyeball chests. I'm going to take the different chests I have and test those out aswell. From what I can tell though, it works flawlessly. :3

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  19. NeoVanAlemania

If one container works, all the others will working aswell, because they all use the same lua script.
    Nice, thanks for testing Timidx3! :up:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  20. Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

Huh... I somehow duped a storage locker, which inturn duped all my pretty chests.. :eek: I then tried placing a chest with some iron ore inside the duped locker, breaking it, and replacing it, and then the locker appeared empty.. but once I broke it and replaced it, the items returned. I took out the chest with iron ore, broke it, and replaced it again, and it appeared empty again. I then placed some dirt inside, broke it, and replaced it, and only the dirt was there. So basicallyyy... if something that should have items in it appears empty, break it and replace it. DON'T try to put anything inside it, or it will not bring the contents back. Not entirely sure how I managed to dupe it... It was on the wall beside some chests, I broke all of the containers with one swift swoop of my matter manipulated, and when I looked inside my inventory, there were 2 ship lockers :eek: I tried again, but I couldn't replicate it.