Mob Enemy Raids - We're under attack!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by greenman, Feb 16, 2014.

1. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

When I first started browsing these forums I was a little thrown off by the use of the term 'mob'. This term implies a group, to me, and I thought the idea was that players would have to face "mobs" of enemies. Now I see that the term is simply used for individual monster enemies. I do like the idea of having to face waves of enemies though, but really only under the right circumstances.

One of the things I really miss from Terraria is the goblin mob raids. This could be done in Starbound in any number of ways. We could craft a summon device that attracts enemy mobs to come in waves. There could be a quest that is completed once you've defended your base from a USMC supply raid. The player could receive a transmission warning of a group of space pirates that is coming to attack the players home planet.

The reason the goblin raids were rewarding for me was because I built a successful defense system for my home base. Without the threat of enemy attacks, I have no actual use for any defense system. Specific types of enemy attacks would encourage me to build specific types of enemy defense. Give me a reason to strategically place turrets/pit traps/shock traps/etc.!

Timmix likes this.
  2. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

I'd love this to be added. There could be several types that could spawn, certain ones wouldn't spawn depending on race (such as USCM won't attack human players, they might actually spawn to help protect humans from invasions)

Space Pirates
    USCM Squad
    Tentacle Beasts
    THE PENGUINS
    Avian Kluex Worshippers
    Floran Hunting Party
    Apex Kill Squad
    USCM Mechs
    Apex Mechs
    Glitch Mechs
    Glitch Winged 'Demons'
    Corrupted Apex/Glitch (Crystal Dungeon)