1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue End-game fishing bug

Discussion in 'Support' started by CocoaOtter, Oct 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CocoaOtter

CocoaOtter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've noticed a problem with fishing the void salmon and the slimejack. When fishing in the witch's swamp and the mutant bug lair, I can cast the line, but once I get a hit the game crashes with no error message.

I have a mod to make fishing easier, but that's it.

Does anyone else have this bug, and any information on how to solve it?

• brookh

brookh Intergalactic Tourist

I may be having the same error. I can catch regular carp in the Mutant Bug Lair, but when I hook a slimejack, the game crashes. There is an error in the console if you're running the SMAPI plugin API. I'll try disabling the easy fishing mod and see if that fixes it.
      Code:
      [11:27:38 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
         at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
         at StardewValley.GameLocation.getFish(Single millisecondsAfterNibble, Int32 bait, Int32 waterDepth, Farmer who, Double baitPotency, String locationName)
         at StardewValley.GameLocation.getFish(Single millisecondsAfterNibble, Int32 bait, Int32 waterDepth, Farmer who, Double baitPotency)
         at StardewValley.Tools.FishingRod.DoFunction(GameLocation location, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 power, Farmer who)
         at StardewValley.Game1.releaseUseToolButton()
         at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time)
         at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
         at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 334
      UPDATE: Disabling the easy fishing mod does fix the crash.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
      • brookh

brookh Intergalactic Tourist