1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enabled Racial Intro Cinematics(Avian, Human, Floran)(Includes the voice acting!)

Discussion in 'Other' started by Raindrac, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Raindrac

Raindrac Existential Complex

Remember the racial intro cinematics that we were shown in the daily updates? Well surprise, they're in the games code. They were just disabled.

This is a simple setup to where you can enable the finished racial intros. Those are the Avian, Human and Floran intros. And yes, THEY INCLUDE THE BASTION NARRATOR'S VOICE ACTING.

The Glitch, Hylotl and Apex do not have intros, they are simply copy/pasted versions of the Avian intro. Not changed at all.

Option 1: Overwriting
    This method is easy and saves effort, though you do need to download files. Let's me honest here, the lazy method is the best.

Step 1
    Download the files in the following link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/73375446/Starbound Intro Overrides.zip
    The file is 3KB as it is just three text files. It really shouldn't take more then a few seconds to download unless your internet goes down.

Step 2
    Navigate to *****\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\assets\cinematics

Step 3
    Drag and drop the folders in the ZIP file you downloaded to the \cinematics folder. This'll replace the needed files to enable the intros.

Option 2: Manual
    This method is slower, but you don't need to download anything.

Step 1
    Navigate to *****\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\assets\cinematics

Step 2:
    Click the folder corrisponding to the race intro you want to enable.
    (The Apex, Glitch and Hylotl's intros are the Avian intro. No point in enabling them!)

Step 3:
    Delete intro.cinematic and rename intro.cinematic.disabled to intro.cinematic

Step 4:
    Repeat for the other intros you wish to enable.(The Floran one was never shown, other then one screenshot!)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    xOliver137, Affero and Svarr Chanston like this.
  2. Shadewarp

Shadewarp Pangalactic Porcupine

Gonna check this out - I haven't seen any of them, but it was one thing I was thinking that was missing.

3. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

Flippin awesome!

4. carcrasher65

carcrasher65 Pangalactic Porcupine

I wonder why they aren't enabled in the first place?
    I totally forgot about them until seeing this!

5. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Because unfinished?

6. carcrasher65

carcrasher65 Pangalactic Porcupine

Well we have to test them too... :rofl:

7. Dr_Happy

Dr_Happy Void-Bound Voyager

The race folder isn't there for me, looks like they removed it