1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Enable Monsters Special Attacks 1.3

Now they will breath fire, spout eyeballs, shoot rainbows, and many other ranged attacks!

1. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

xaliber submitted a new mod:

Enable Monsters Special Attacks - Now they will breath fire, pout eyeballs, shoot rainbows, and many other ranged attacks!

Read more about this mod...

2. xaliber

3. xaliber

4. xaliber

xaliber updated Enable Monsters Special Attacks with a new update entry:

Fixes and tweaks

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. xaliber

6. Bubblebunny

Bubblebunny Space Hobo

I'm just adding and testing because downloading other mods sucks and don't work
    :nuruhappy:

7. Yavor

Yavor Big Damn Hero

Thank you so much! This mod is great! Once again there is fun in exploring! Thank You!

8. ChronoHyperion

ChronoHyperion Big Damn Hero

Hello, can make a mod that modifies NPCs so that they are more stronger, shoots faster, and any good improvements for the NPCs (just like the mod "Enemies Aren't Stupid!... Anymore!")
    If not then it's okay.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  9. xaliber

Glad you liked it!

Not exactly like Enemies Aren't Stupid, but try these:

10. ChronoHyperion

Cool, but I don't have a steam account. If you can, ask the mod author of "You Aren't Safe... Anymore!" to have permission to post this mod into the Starbound Mod forums? or ask him to post his mod into the Starbount Mod forums?

11. xaliber

12. xaliber

xaliber updated Enable Monsters Special Attacks with a new update entry:

Compatibility update and some attempts at balancing

Read the rest of this update entry...

13. MystiSchism

MystiSchism Void-Bound Voyager

It's great, monsters have more diversity now. Although I just tried it and they seem pretty OP. I saw a couple monsters slaughter an npc in a heartbeat and I've been having a hard time with them myself. When they mob up and start spamming their abilities it gets totally out of hand.
    would it be possible to give them a longer ability cool down? If not maybe nerf the damage? Also it makes doing rescue missions without the captive dying pretty much impossible lol

14. xaliber

This mod needs further balancing, yes. Do you remember what kind of attack those monsters use? The more specific, the better; so I can focus on those attacks. :)

15. MystiSchism

The rainbow barf for lack of a better term, it seemed to keep going and going. Honestly beyond that I can't specify because all of them seemed to favor relentlessly using their abilities and not switching it up with physical attacks really. 1 or 2 I could handle but 3+ was like jumping into a meat grinder. It might just be me but it seems their abilities do way more damage than their standard attacks. Despite that, this is an awesome mod. I'll give it another shot and try to give you better feedback.

16. MystiSchism

I'm curious. Does the abiltiy damage scale with the threat level of the planet the monsters are on?

17. xaliber

Oh the rainbow barf,; yes it does have long duration, however the damage is mid-tiered (compared to others) and the monster is locked at his position when he spits the rainbows. So there are plenty of opportunities to strike them down. You can use shield to move forward, attack him from a distance with ranged weapons, or jump around and hit them. In groups, this monster is the type that you should finish last as they don't move that often.

As for the 3 monster spawns, that would be night time spawns right? It is intended - night time spawns should now be a bit more difficult as Chucklefish intended. :) However I tried to keep them still manageable with good tactic (as mentioned above). The safest route of course is to wait the night to pass.

Some abilities do large damage, some others do small damage with negative status effects, some others do medium damage with huge knockback (beware the cliffs!), some others do negative and positive status effects (very useful to help you run and hide for a while if they come in groups), etc. None of them should kill you in one hit though, so there should be time to learn the patterns of their attack.

Again, with a tactic they should be manageable. Let me know if you need help with specific attacks.

Yup, as with the usual monster, the damage scale with threat level.

18. MystiSchism

OOooook that all makes sense. I see, I was at a threat level planet high above where I should have been with my level of armor. Went to a threat level on par with my character and it was manageable, Thanks! This makes exploring planets/capturing monsters a lot more fun.

19. Azaak

Azaak Void-Bound Voyager

Is this mod compatible with frackin universe? :c

20. ChronoHyperion

Hello, here's an idea: the stronger the Special Attack Damage is, the longer it takes to be used again, so it will be balanced.

I have a low end PC so this should be helpful.