Emily's Fashion Shop

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sasakitty, Mar 21, 2016.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. I think this would be cool!

100.0%
  2. Bah, I'm good.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sasakitty

Sasakitty Void-Bound Voyager

Hello all,

"Are you bored with the outfit you picked out at the start of the game? after year 3, isn't it sad just to see that same old outfit with shoes that don't match? Then come down to Emily's Fashion boutique! With a handful of coins and threads of cloth, you can change your boring old outfit into a new you!"

So, I have gotten quite... bored and find my current outfit unappealing. I thought it was cute in the beginning but now it has gotten old. After snooping about Emily's home [I am a curious lady, alright?] I had discovered that Emily loves to create her own cloths. What if, some how, we have to unlock a mini shop where you can change your outfit. [same outfits from default, unless developer is bored and wants to design :p] Similar to the Carpenter shop, you could bring the supplies for her and the cost of labor. In a couple if days, you can go to her house and acquire your new outfit.

Other thoughts:

~ Maybe unlocking the bulletin board for her would activate the shop.
    ~ If she is not available [as in, at the Saloon or still in her room til 12 in the morning...] there could be a small room divider for you to change your outfit behind.

AtomosomotA and uberlobster like this.
    • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I like the idea. It could allow the user to redesign their outfit based on the existing clothes...and ConcernedApe could also add in a few "unique" designs to choose from where you have to unlock this in order to pick them. ^^

It helps make use of her like of creating clothes, too...so it fits into the story really well. :D

I think something like this should require the CC/Joja thing to be completed, though....and then you help her with something specific (a special quest), and once you help her with it then she'll offer to help you redesign your clothes. ^^

• uberlobster

uberlobster Void-Bound Voyager

I remember when she wanted to show me something in her room. I presumed it was something she knit or created. Oh boy was I thrown for a loop. This would be a nice way to see some character development. Maybe put the Community Center or JoJa Mart to use.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, yeah. That moment. *backs away slowly*

That said...it made me like her even more, tbh. :rofl:

Either way, yeah...it could put that stuff to use, heh. Especially since the CC is just kinda...there...once you repair it. =x

• Sasakitty

Haha, I agree. Maybe Shane could start working Emily's job if she decides to pursue this designing business further. Possible free beer is in his future...

• Benji Of Starview Valley

Benji Of Starview Valley Aquatic Astronaut

Nice way to bring the pretty bland Emily into the game.

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

There already is a method to change our outfits (by befriending the Wizard), but I'd love to buy more outfits from Emily.

And that event......I envisioned my PC dancing together with Emily. :rofl:

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Maybe if CA makes her romance-able and you have enough hearts with her, that could happen! :rofl:

• Sasakitty

Really? Must google this!

• ishizu29

ishizu29 Subatomic Cosmonaut

actually if you become friends with the wizard, and go to his basement there´s this magic-thingy that you can use to change your appearance.
                      so you can change how you look.
                      but how about this? : you can buy outfits from emily and then change into them, as you please? so you won´t have to run to the wizard and pay 500g every time you wanna change your clothes.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

As well as have some UNIQUE outfits that can only be gotten through her, and can't be changed into at the wizards.

You also have to buy a "Wardrobe" and place it in your home, if you want to change at home. :rofl:

• sakuratea

sakuratea Space Hobo

Make it hats and shoes too.
                          w/o stats bonus ofc. just for decoration and it'd still be cool

• Sheila

Sheila Void-Bound Voyager

I think it's a nice idea :)
                            I'd like to be able to wear some skirts and dresses personally, I think the girl sprite overall isn't much different from the boy sprite for PCs anyways ):

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
                            • Aurora Paradox

Aurora Paradox Astral Cartographer

A clothing store would be a good addition to the game.

• Flother

Flother Big Damn Hero

I would enjoy a little more aesthetics to the game, some accessories for the portrait and what not.