RELEASED Elle's Old Seasonal Building Replacements [Updated 3/26/18 for Content Patcher]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by junimods, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Tinkerbelch

Tinkerbelch Void-Bound Voyager

yeah I just hadn't gotten the newest SAMPI mod lol! i feel so dumb about it! haha

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Well, you'll have it now and it's really useful because it warns you when a mod is outdated and it even directs you to the update link if it finds one :D

• junimods

junimods Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey everyone, there is now a non-christmas version of this mod! Sorry it wasn't a thing to begin with. Happy farming for all my pals that celebrate other holidays!! <3

foghorn and Minakie like this.
        • Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Quick question but do you have your Christmas lights, but not on the house, for personal use to kinda use to put on my houses (not to be released)? Or any tips on how to do it myself/how you did them? I've tried my hand at them, but for some reason I can't seem to get the glow of the lights quite right in Photoshop. Maybe I'm just getting the opacity all wrong but I'm at the point where it's kind of just annoying me so I thought it'd be better to ask than keep getting annoyed! Hahah. Thank you. <3

Minakie likes this.
          • junimods

Meevers, I believe all I did for the lights was try and emulate the christmas lights on the houses in the game. So each light is one pixel at 100% opacity, and then the 4 adjacent pixels are the same color at 35% opacity. That's all there is to them. :3

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yesss thank you! :)

• Tinkerbelch

Tinkerbelch Void-Bound Voyager

woo!!! that will be super helpful ^_^

• Candiedyamz

Candiedyamz Big Damn Hero

Does this mod work with other custom housing mods or do I need to install the buildings as well?

• junimods

This is not the seasonal mod itself, these are house textures to be used with that mod. :) For info about the mod you'll want to visit its thread, now called Seasonal Immersion. I'm on mobile but the link is in the main post.

• Candiedyamz

Candiedyamz Big Damn Hero

Thank you. I was extremely confused xD but this is a lovely mod!

• LannyShadok

LannyShadok Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much, you did a really amazing work <3 <3 <3

• endermaryn

endermaryn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want to get seasonal farm buildings because I love the idea. As far as I know yours is the only mod currently out that does all the buildings. I won't be using it though because none of the buildings are in a matching color. And the roofs aren't a lighter color like light blue or violet. Regardless, I just wanted to take a moment to say you did a fabulous job and I really like them. Like, REALLY like. Especially the 'attic' room window on the final house upgrade. That is super cute! <3<3<3 But the non matching colors is a deal breaker for me.

Keep up the great work!

Question: Why are players requesting a non-Christmas version but not a Holloween-less version? I personally don't celebrate either so if I were to use the mod I would ask for an alternate version. But no one else has mentioned the fall file. I'm simply curious if there is a reason I'm missing. Or if I missed such a post.

• junimods

Yeah, I made this mod for myself and my own tastes but wanted to share the love. I will probably not be making any that match or in different color schemes, at least for a long time. Many people are editing these for personal use, however, so feel free; I just ask that you don't upload them. :)

As for non-Halloween versions, I was not asked to do those for whatever reason, only non-Christmas (requested anonymously over on Tumblr). I would definitely be willing to make them if someone wanted, but so far I haven't been asked. While I am no longer actively working on mods, I will absolutely edit this mod to respect other people's beliefs and traditions!

Thank you for your post. Cheers! <3

Minakie likes this.
                            • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Hi, i love your work. Its beautiful. Would it be possible if you uploaded the folder unpacked as a .zip or at least the pngs? If thats ok?

I so plan to use your color schemes when i start playing more so again, but i just would for a different play thru

• junimods

Hi! Sorry, I'm not quite understanding what you are asking. You are unable to unpack files and just want a folder uploaded instead? Which version would you like? I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

I'm stupid, ignore me, i didn't know that they were already unpacked, i guess i should of checked thoroughly before asking but i was on my phone and couldnt check, its ok, i can do it myself.

i'm embrassed

• junimods

No problem! :) Glad your problem is solved.

• Selfish_Ocelot

Selfish_Ocelot Void-Bound Voyager

• junimods

Thank you, I have been following along in the discussion of that mod. It actually seems that the new version is still supposed to support .zips, but is having issues right now. Once the bugs are ironed out, if I need to change the formatting of my uploads I will. :) If your mod was working as intended before, I suggest rolling back to the previous version. I think Ento's changes are for those that were always having problems getting the mod to work before (like mac users).

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Everyone who is having trouble with these mods, just unzip the ContentPack zip file into a folder named ContentPack.

It should look like this:
                                        Untitled-1.png

The inside of the ContentPack folder should look like this:
                                        Untitled-2.png

ckslam, junimods and Minakie like this.