RELEASED Elle's Dirt and Cliff Recolor [Updated 1/29/19 for Content Patcher]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by junimods, Apr 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. junimods

junimods Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh alright, thank you very much for letting me know! I just kept the names that the original files had, I didn't think to check if they needed to be something else. I'll rename them before I put them in the OP. Thank you again!! <3

• junimods

These have now been updated to the Content Patcher format! Please let me know if the instructions are unclear or if you encounter any issues. <3

@Ratlochet I looked at a few maps that use the waterfall and they each seemed to use the naming system I had in place already, so I didn't change them; hopefully if there are maps available that do require them to be changed, it's clear in their description!

• Tithonius

Tithonius Aquatic Astronaut

Hey @junimods i installed the mod today, and first of, well done, i love it! Just having a bit of an issue with Immersive Farm 2 and their quarry. The quarry and everything works just fine, as it should, this is just textures anyway, but it is pretty ugly for now. Would love to have compatability with Immersive Farm 2 as that author is refusing to do any kind of compatability with his map right now. Thanks <3 [​IMG]

Also, not sure if the Immersive Farm 2 has different names for the waterfalls, might be worth a look. i would check myself, but i have no idea how :p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
        • junimods

Oh yeah, that's because this mod just changes the yellow dirt, it doesn't change all dirt (making the brown dirt darker). Should be simple enough to make an alternative download for compatibility. No promises, but sure thing, I'll look into it this weekend!

As for the waterfalls, I guess if they look how they should in your game (ie the dirt isn't mismatched) then you are good to go, haha. From the looks of that mod's page it seems they are named the way I uploaded them.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
          • Tithonius

Perfect! thanks for the response, i look forward to the update! Thanks so much for the help!

• junimods

No problem! To be clear, this fix would make the brown dirt in the game (like the dirt by Robin's house) darker brown as well, if you're all right with that. Looks like it might be a tad more work than I thought to go through the maps extra files to see what needs changing, but shouldn't take long, I'll mess with it tomorrow. I'd have to ask you to test it out, though, since I haven't ever messed around with modded maps myself.

• Tithonius

Yeah i have no issues doing the testing at all :) not a problem there. From another forum someone told me this: "The reason you get so many odd texture issues is because Immersive Maps uses extra tilesheets called [season]_extras.xnb full of vanilla-colored assets. Those tiles must be recolored in order to be compatible" not sure if that helps at all, but i think thats the reason that alot of the dirt and stuff is a bit off. I have been having the same issues with all of the recolor mods out there for IF2 So i think this may be at least part of whats going on.

I also have no qualms with making the rest of the dirt darker, i really kind of want a more universal recolor anyway :)

• junimods

Yep, that's why your farm still has tiles with yellow dirt (and I was wrong about the waterfalls, Zander put them in their extras sheets too), though it'd still be mismatched in the quarry section because of the way I made the recolor.

Anyway! I have the darker recolor and the compatibility patch for you. They are separate content packs, but I bundled them together for you to try out, just put both folders in your Mods folder and let me know if they work. *crosses fingers* Thank you!

Attached Files:

• Tithonius

Yes, i am gonna go ahead and try it now! ill let you know, sorry for the absence. ive had real life kick me pretty bad. but im back for now! so ill test this now

• Tithonius

So i tried to go ahead and boot up the game with those both in the mod folder, and it seems that the game didnt like that too much :p

Should be an easy fix.

[16:45:57 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Elle's Darker Dirt and Cliff Recolor from Elle's Dirt and Cliff Recolor [Darker Dirt] (content pack)...
                      [16:45:57 TRACE SMAPI] Failed: its unique ID 'Elle.DirtCliffRecolor' is used by multiple mods (Elle's Darker Dirt and Cliff Recolor, Elle's Dirt and Cliff Recolor (Immersive Farm 2 Patch)).
                      [16:45:57 TRACE SMAPI] Loading Elle's Dirt and Cliff Recolor (Immersive Farm 2 Patch) from Elle's Dirt and Cliff Recolor [Immersive Farm 2 Patch] (content pack)...
                      [16:45:57 TRACE SMAPI] Failed: its unique ID 'Elle.DirtCliffRecolor' is used by multiple mods (Elle's Darker Dirt and Cliff Recolor, Elle's Dirt and Cliff Recolor (Immersive Farm 2 Patch)).

• Tithonius

Im not gonna lie though, I am also really very interested in Starblue Valley recolor as well. But i have the same problem, the way that all of the files are for immersive farm make it really hard for recolors to make sense. And alot of the textures, and some of the same textures as here, are bugged. I dont have the know how to be able to edit the files myself for the patch, and the author of Starblue is refusing to do any updated to anything until the 1.3 stardew patch launches. So im kind of in a pickle. I sorta like how the game looks with parts of one content pack, and i sorta like how the game looks with parts of another content pack and i really just cant find one that I am really truly happy with. I need to either learn how to build my own culmination of everything, or figure out how to write one from scratch i suppose. What i would really like is one that just makes everything super vibrant, and clear, but at the same time make things like the dirt dark, and the grass a bit less yellow and stuff like that. I just have a really hard time making the game look how i want. Hrmmmmm

• junimods

Whoops! That's my bad, I just forgot to edit the ID. I attached the new one.

I know there are several good map recolors out there, so whatever you wanna play with is up to you! I probably won't be making anything aside from this dirt recolor as I am pretty happy with the vanilla map myself. I hope you find what you're looking for!

Attached Files:

• Ratlochet

Ratlochet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Huh! I always renamed them because the map I used needed them to be a different name... sorry for the mix up! But thanks so much again for making the recolor, and for updating your stuff for Content Patcher! I can't wait until most mods made use Content Patcher; it'll be a real game changer... literally. ;D

• wildzooey

wildzooey Guest

I just love this dirt recolor. So much so that I've made a world map to match it. With your permission, I'd love to post it and (finally) give something back to the modding community. If you'd prefer, I could simply send you the png and you could add it directly to your content pack. Either way! Thank you for all your work. :)

• junimods

Hi, @wildzooey. I am not sure what the best way to go about this would be, as it would be nice for you to upload your own work, but I don't want my work re-uploaded or used in a way that prevents people from using my own uploads, if that makes sense. Perhaps you could create a content pack for the rest of the tilesheets that doesn't include my dirt/cliff edits, so that our packs may both be used simultaneously? Either way I'd love to see what you've done :)

• wildzooey

wildzooey Guest

Perfect. I'll do just that. Thank you @junimods :)

• wildzooey

wildzooey Guest

• junimods

Ah I actually totally misunderstood what you meant (I thought you meant that you had recoloured the rest of the tilesheets), but it looks great! I will add a link to it on my mod's page <3

• wildzooey

wildzooey Guest

Me again. :) I've recolored the dirt of the greenhouse to match your dirt recolor. I'd love to post this too, same setup as last time-an extra content patcher pack (the best thing since sliced bread!). Sound okay?

• junimods

Sure thing :)