RELEASED Elle's Dirt and Cliff Recolor [Updated 1/29/19 for Content Patcher]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by junimods, Apr 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. junimods

junimods Pangalactic Porcupine

2. LupinWulf

LupinWulf Void-Bound Voyager

Oh this is lovely! I've recently just started playing Stardew Valley and the brighter colour of the dirt on my farm was really bothering me. I definitly plan on adding this in first chance I get and if anything buggy pops up I'll be sure to let you know! :D

• junimods

I'm glad you found this useful, thank you!! <3

• acidicgumdrops

acidicgumdrops Void-Bound Voyager

Just a heads up, the tiles get a little wonky on the hilltop farm's quarry. Doesn't seem to cause any problems but it looks a little weird.

• junimods

Ah, you're right. I missed it because the actual quarry is fine; the problem with the hilltop farm is it's using the vanilla brown dirt (with the grass) with the brown quarry tile mixed in, as quarry tiles are the only tiles ores will spawn on (in the testing I did, anyway). As for actual problems, it will never cause any, as it is just an edit to the textures. :)

The only way to reconcile this would be to change the quarry tiles back to vanilla, or edit them in such a way that the darker quarry dirt still matches the vanilla brown dirt but the yellow dirt is a lighter brown than vanilla. I will probably do the latter. Sorry if I'm not making sense, you caught me on my way to bed! I'll try to figure it out tomorrow, thanks for the report.

Edit: @acidicgumdrops Actually, it seems that no other maps are even using these problem tiles? So I just changed them to be solid vanilla brown tiles. Here is a quick fix, please let me know if this fixes the problem without creating new ones! <3

Last edited: May 17, 2017
          • acidicgumdrops

acidicgumdrops Void-Bound Voyager

Perfect, this completely solved the problem! If I see anything else I'll let you know.

Your mod is lovely by the way c: the colors look so much more natural and more appealing to the eyes.

• junimods

Thank you!! <3

Since I haven't seen any issues so far and you haven't reported new ones, I went ahead and updated the main post with the new version.

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Thank you for this! I've been looking for another option since the last recolor mod I installed caused several graphical bugs... >.<

Does anyone have a screenshot of the recolored dirt with cobblestone and earthworms? I'm curious about the contrast.

• junimods

For the worms/stems, they'll just look how they do in the mountain area (where vanilla has the brown dirt). For cobblestone, I only have these screenshots of my own farm in spring and summer.

• Saraneth

Saraneth Big Damn Hero

Cute! I love your curving cobblestone path around the pond.

Mod installed. Thank you! <3

• gobbldygook

gobbldygook Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, I did this too! and then never got around to releasing it :rofl: but it's nice to see an updated version, pretty sure I made mine before 1.2 came out and I didn't want to have to go back and redo all the pixel work :O

Many thanks <3

• sari90

sari90 Void-Bound Voyager

I was looking for a mod that would make only the dirt darker. Your mod is exactly what I am looking for! Thank you!

• Tinybillow

Tinybillow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just want to say I love this, so much easier on the eyes, and everything else that is green just pops while staying true to vanilla style, love it.

• Ratlochet

Ratlochet Scruffy Nerf-Herder

And now I'm here. ^_^ Sorry for kind of derailing your Critter forum topic, I thought I'd gotten this recolor off of Nexus (I must have been thinking about a different one) and since most creators don't reply much on Nexus, I figured there wasn't any sense in posting about the waterfall issue. Plus I'm super shy and Nexus seems a little more unforgiving than the forums. :laugh:

The creator of the waterfall is Maleha, and you can find their post for the waterfall here: https://community.playstarbound.com...esheet-w-animation.132102/page-2#post-3154234. They haven't been online in a while, but they did say anyone can use it, "so long as you keep it free and accessible to people." And I think it's been recolored previously for Eemie's mod. So if you were interested in recoloring it for your mod I don't think they would have a problem with it. :)

• junimods

No problem :) I don't have any mods on Nexus because that's where that mod stealing site pulls files from. I have not been very active in the last year, but I do keep an eye on the forum!!

In that case, I would love to edit it to add to this recolor! I'm not sure when I will be able to, but hopefully soon. <3

• Ratlochet

Ah, I see... no wonder there aren't a lot of warnings about mod stealing on the forums. Well, I'll have to keep an eye on the mods in the forums from the people who (rightfully) don't want their mods stolen! I didn't even consider that side of it so I bet I've been missing out on a bunch of cool mods.

Awesome! Thanks so much, I really appreciate you taking a look into it. I look forward to grabbing the download when you get around to it! <3

• junimods

Hey @Ratlochet, sorry it's been so long! I have finally gotten around to recoloring that waterfall add-on. If you are still using that map and wouldn't mind trying it out and letting me know if it looks okay, I'd appreciate it! Then I'll add it to the main post. You can download it here <3

• Ratlochet

Hey, it's totally cool! I definitely wasn't in any rush, especially with all the life stuff going on with me lately. I'm just glad you got it done. ^_^ I'll download it asap and see how it looks, then get back to you on it!

Edit: This may take a few days. I've been having a weird bug where my SV xnbs randomly vanish (like Vincent's schedule, or my entire tilesheets folder) and my game just bit the dust. So now I get to redownload... everything... again. This will be fun. >.>

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
                                    • junimods

Aww, sorry to hear that D; Never had that issue, definitely sounds like a bummer. Take your time!!

• Ratlochet

Alrighty, I finally got to check out the waterfall, and it looks amazing! There are no graphical errors that I can see, however there is one thing that needs to be fixed in some way, either by doing it yourself or letting the downloaders do it--the files need to be renamed. The original creator's waterfall had the same problem. Instead of being named "(season)_extratilesheet" or something to that effect, they need to be named "(season)_waterfall". Otherwise it's perfect. Thank you so much for spending your time on this, I really appreciate it! <3