1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

Glad you're enjoying them, the Akkimari and their arsenal have quickly become one of my favourites as well!

The Akkimari are a new NPC race coming in the next update, and I plan to make them playable at a later date too. They are a race of scavengers who use a kind of acid in much of their weaponry, which turns enemies to ashes on a killing blow. There's a lot more lore about them of course, but that's the general look and feel of them.

Those attachments are actually fully functional weapon attachments! You can purchase them in the new outpost after completing some quests, and use them to modify your Alliance weapons. So for example, you can attach a grenade launcher or flashlight to your assault rifles, give your snipers a bayonet, make shotguns fire flaming bullets, or even make a minigun fire explosive rounds!

As for the Skoff, it is already driveable in the mod's GitHub version! It has to be spawned in using admin commands, but I'm currently working on making them obtainable in-game.

2. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

and how can i get to the outpost? and i really hope someone can make a skoff-skin for the shuttlecraft mod. its a really nice mod that makes customizasable shuttles you can use on planets, underwater and in space! you can even summon other shuttles with a flight table! can someone make a elithian addon for that mod plz?

also, something i notice when i find akkimari structures, is that the akkimari fight themself. i dont know if its a bug or something, or if they are supposed to. also, can you post a message here when you update the GitHub version?

and any way to make crewmembers sit on the skoff when i drive it?

and something i REALLY want for the avikan. plz plz plz plz plz make it possible to change the colour of armour

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  3. Aegonian

You can find teleporters that bring you to the Creon Embassy - the new outpost - in any Alliance ship encounter. Both Trinkian and Aeginian ships will have the teleporter in them, and both of those ships are easily recognized by their unique icon in the navigation interface.

I'll look into a possible add-on for the shuttlecraft mod after the upcoming update is released, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to build that since I plan on starting work on the next race, too.

Do you mean that the Akkimari NPCs are fighting their drones? It's likely caused by one of the mods you have installed - I've had other people report this problem too, and it was always caused by another mod that changed NPC and monster behaviours. If you can figure out which mod is the culprit, I might be able to look into a solution. I'll try to make a post if the GitHub gets updated, but there's a good chance I'll forget to do so every now and then. If you wish to stay fully up-to-date on the GitHub version's development, I'd recommend joining the official Discord server.

As for crewmembers riding the Skoff with you, there's no good way for me to implement that, sadly. It would require changes to NPC behaviours, which will likely make the mod incompatible with the shuttlecraft mod. If I do find the time to work on a shuttlecraft add-on, I might be able to make my vehicles compatible with shuttlecraft's NPC behaviour too.

And about the armour: the reason I chose not to have the metal armour be dyable is because several metal armour pieces also have cloth parts in them, which are already dyable. Those pieces wouldn't look good if the metal was also dyable - the entire set would be one colour, even when no dye is applied - and having some metal armour pieces be dyable whilst others aren't creates inconsistency. Mixing and matching armour pieces would get annoying as some of the metal would be dyable while other pieces aren't dyable.

4. noScoop

noScoop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Spoiler alert!

I have found new cosmic anomaly which leads to centens cloud city, and its amazing! Though i didn't find any tier 8 items to upgrade my tier 7 weapon in the "forge", so do they even exist in the game?
    And that was a really cool idea to make a hidden chest underneath the building.

Yanazake likes this.
  5. Aegonian

The Weapon Infusion Station's usefulness will show best when you have mods installed that allow you to obtain higher-level weapons (so mods like Frackin Universe), but there are a few level 7 weapons in the game which can be legitimately obtained! The Protector's Broadsword - which you can get by repairing the vanilla Broken Broadsword - is the only vanilla level 7 weapon, while the Elithian Races Mod adds a few more. The Vha'leihan Spear, Prime Circuit and Legion are all weapons you can obtain by repairing each race's broken starter weapon, and they too spawn at level 7 when you first obtain them.

I may add more high-level weapons in the future, but for now, those are your best options without Frackin Universe and similar mods!

Drig insarcol likes this.
  6. noScoop

noScoop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, thanks for the info :D

7. limitdistortion

limitdistortion Phantasmal Quasar

great mod!! just wandering if those highlighted characters are in right now or to be inputted later?

8. Drig insarcol

Drig insarcol Subatomic Cosmonaut

the silhouettes are other races in the Elithian Alliance. Later additions to the mod. I 3 of them have body sprites that I have seen. One of the races is coming in the next update

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  9. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

Kind of an off question, but one worth asking:

Have you ever considered an addon similiar to Kawa's Felin Alternate Start? While the races provide an adequate enough explanation of why your character is 'joining' the protectorate. But for some reason I can help but wonder what a theoretical alt start as a Avikan/Droden or Trink/Agei would be like?

10. Squidy_Frykas

Squidy_Frykas Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Henlo o/ Just throwing my most recent Avikan build since I became addicted to Starbound again. Ofc I have a lot more from that mod, but let's start slowly :)[​IMG] [​IMG]

11. Drig insarcol

The reasoning for the avikan/droden joining the protectorate was for the Nomada's Watchers to assess the possible threat posed by the organisation. read some of the codices

12. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

I know the reasons, I'm just pitching the idea.

13. Drig insarcol

I misread your query and was in a hurry hence the terse nature of my comment. After reading the question again with more time on my hands it is very thought provoking. The Alliance start could have something about travelling from Earth on a mission from the protectorate before some kind of damage occurs to the ship or the ruins appearance/destruction of Earth disrupts how ships travel faster than light in Starbound thus causing a catashrophic failure in the ships systems. Possibly a tendril/tentacle collides with the ship.

As for Avikan/Droden, perhaps you could have just sneakily made you way inside a protectorate base or steal a manipulator from someone (either a protector or a renowned/infamous bandit who has killed a protector) before learning or while learning of the destruction of earth by some kind of tentacle monster. Your ship could be damaged as you escape from the rest of the bandit horde (which of course was a threat to the nomada). just some ideas prompted by your idea Rylasasin. Sorry for my mistake

14. Aegonian

It's certainly something I'll consider! I already plan on giving one of the future races a custom intro mission, and it that goes well, I may end up making more of them for the other races. If I do end up making the, they'll probably be optional add-ons as you suggested, so as to not break existing characters.

15. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

oh my holy frickin gouda, this is a great frickin build. wish there was a way to copy buildings and structures, so we could possibly send them to the dev so he could add t to the mod. maybe not naturally spawnable, but more builds would DEFINITELY be awesome

16. Drig insarcol

Apparently there are differences between tiled and player built objects that mean you can't transfer them without copying the structure into tiled by hand. That is my understanding of it. Aegonian could you please clarify

17. Aegonian

Yeah, structures built in Starbound can't be transferred into Tiled, as Tiled has no way of reading world files. The only way to add a structure someone built in the game to Tiled is by rebuilding it tile by tile in the map editor, which is a shame.

18. ProfMoebius

ProfMoebius Space Penguin Leader

Absolutely loving the Avikans, their aesthetic, background story and awesome weaponry is appealing to me. Respawn animation is cute.

At Starfarer's Refuge one Npc at hangar side jumped into space and fell down to the small asteroid. was it an suicide attempt no-one knows.
    In the Avikan playership the hired crewmembers congregate inside the ship's teleporter and im getting occasional lag hiccups when on the ship, source of lag could be that they are trying to interface with the unusable hangar door, i havent noticed any crewmember going up to it however so its probably something else entirely causing the lag.
    In Avikan camps the bazaar vendors ceaselessly wander around, even when poked to trade, can it be changed so dont have to chase after them going into tents.
    In settlements if you take kadavan meals or cactus juice in sacks/boxes they warn about theft, the food rots in there after a while as its not refrigerated storage.
    What is purpose of Gad'Hur mount as its not giving any speed increase ? did not try much but if it can be used as an elevated platform for hurling hunting spears while boosting total health while on it can have an use.
    The handling of blink keff leaves much to be desired. Any chance they gain custom explorer pod and/or shuttlecraft ?
    Terrain loads slow when going on the blink keff, possibly due to its sheer speed happent to be frequently bumping into "world's end" when going with it.
    The spawning particle color for avikan vehicles can it be changed from avian's red to what the teleportation beam is using please.
    Trying to obtain monster scale with basic hunting knife so can craft stuff at all was pesky at begin as i had not figure quicksand minibiome creatures would drop it, was searching for it on dangerous worlds without any kind of armor at all, much kiting ensued.

Can we get some information on the not yet implemented future races ? Is Thell supposed to become playable at some point ?

edit because forget to ask: I have encountered plenty of Warrior, Hunter, the occasional Soldier, one odd Mechanic and the outlaw captain that surrendered as Avikan crewmember. Im in need of one Medic, can Avikan be Medic or need to use Droden for it ?

edit 2:
    Avikan Railcrafting doesnt have any stop item, that is essential for any rail system.
    Avikan warrior and hunter crewmembers recruited from camps changed only their headpiece when assigned an new outfit using the wardrobe mod. Im baffled as on what the cause may be. It works correctly for the avikan tailor and mechanic i have recruited from an underground settlement.
    Would like to suggest item for adding in future: Avikan Mini-Fridge.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  19. Aegonian

It's almost time for the next big update! I've been working hard to get version 2.3.0 out to all of you, and I've had quite a bit of help identifying bugs from the people over on the mod's official Discord server. Having more people test the mod's Beta version is always a good thing, though, so here's the official download for the 2.3.0 Beta version of the Elithian Races Mod:

Elithian Races Mod v2.3.0 BETA

I plan on releasing the full update within a day or two, if all goes as planned. There's still a few changes that might happen before the update is released, but this Beta version is is almost completely finished. Feel free to download the Beta, and make sure to report any bugs you find here or on the official Discord server!

Glad you're enjoying the mod, and thanks for the feedback!
    • The lag in ships is a vanilla issue that can occur when there's a large-ish group of NPCs on the screen - not much I can do to fix it unfortunately...
    • I'll see if I can adjust the behaviour of those merchants a bit to stop them from wandering off. Not sure yet if it'll make it into the 2.3.0 update, but I've added it to my TO-DO list
    • No way to remove the theft notification when you pick up food or drinks, but technically, you are stealing their food right off their tables :p
    • I've modified the Gad'hur's speed a bit in the Beta, but the mount is mostly there as a little feature that makes the villages and the lore come to life more - it doesn't have a lot of utility beyond that. The 2.3.0 update adds an armoured variant of the Gad'hur that can charge through enemies and knock them aside though, so that version provides a bit more utility
    • There's more vehicles - including flying ones - coming in 2.3.0!
    • No way to reduce that lag on the Blink Keff without drastically lowering its speed, which goes against the purpose of the vehicle. Performance of vehicles isn't great overall, but that's a vanilla issue... Performance is also greatly dependant on your PC, so vehicles like the Blink Keff aren't as useful on lower-end PCs
    • The spawning effect colours for all vehicles (as well as pets and such) are red, actually - it's just a coincidence that the Avian use the same colour. Probably won't be changing the colours, as it would become inconsistent with vanilla spawn effects
    • There's improvements to the hunting progression in 2.3.0, including codex entries that specify how to get specific resources
    • The upcoming update - 2.3.0 - is adding one new playable race, the Aegi. The Theleans are planned to become playable at a later date too, but there's other races I plan on implementing first
    • You can get Avikan medics by looking for randomly generated quests given by Avikan Rhaiod Priests (found in the purple tents). If you complete quests for them, they have a chance to join your crew as medics
    • Vanilla rail objects can still be crafted at the vanilla rail crafting table, which you can still craft despite playing as an Avikan. Update 2.3.0 does add vanilla rail objects to the custom rail crafting tables though, so in a few days you'll no longer have to craft the vanilla crafting table
    • Avikan crewmembers can't usually be customized as the tailor doesn't take into account a crewmember's race, and so tailors would equip Avikan crewmembers with the same items as, for example, human crewmembers, which would look very off on the unique body shape of the Avikan. I'm not sure how the wardrobe mod works, so I can't really comment on compatibility with that for now

ProfMoebius likes this.
  20. ProfMoebius

ProfMoebius Space Penguin Leader