1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

It's a version control system that's often used for sharing source code, but all sorts of projects use it to create publicly available projects, including mod projects. The Elithian Races Mod has its own GitHub page, and the version of the mod found there is basically the Beta version of the mod. I update the GitHub version reasonably often - at least compared to the versions found here and on Steam - since updates don't have to be feature-complete. Lots of people on the Elithian Discord server use the GitHub version to test and play around with new content before it's added to the Steam/Starbound forums version, and it provides me with a lot of good feedback I can use to make the full releases even better!

You can find the mod's GitHub page here, if you're interested: https://github.com/Aegonian/ElithianAllianceStarboundMod

Yanazake likes this.
  2. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Cosmic Narwhal

ok thx, but should i remove the steam workshop version, or can i use both?

3. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

Remove the steam version. It'd be redundant anyway.

Unfortunately this means you will have to update it on your own instead of steam doing it for you. Fortunately, it's marginally easier than doing it manual. Follow this guide on how to download and update github mods:
    https://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-download-mod-updates-with-github.123937/

Aegonian likes this.
  4. DinoExplorer2000

ok, this is going to be interesting

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  5. voiditect

voiditect Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How do you find the aegi base teleporter/ crafting stations?

6. Drig insarcol

Drig insarcol Subatomic Cosmonaut

by aegi teleporter I presume you mean the one to the Creon Embassy. It is part of the friendly alliance ship and is not far from the docking bay, a level down after reaching the elevator. This is in Github obv. No Aegi crafting is available so far without the admin mode

7. voiditect

Friendly alliance ship? DO you mean the Avikan one?

8. DinoExplorer2000

wait, is there more huge ships like the avikan outpost ship?

9. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

No, we mean the Friendly Alliance Ship. Again, it only appears if you use the github version, NOT the steam or forum versions.

Yes-No. No, it's not a ship, but there is an alliance outpost (but it's located on a world instead of a big ship) that carries the same function as the Avikan Nomada.

The ship Drig was referring to is a space encounter. Trink ships also have the Creon Embassy teleport, since they are part of the Alliance.

10. voiditect

Using github. What systems does it spawn in? How rare is it?

11. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

It spawns in any system, it's a space encounter. Should be fairly common, but if you're using mods that add space encounters (United Systems Expanded, Frackin, etc.) that might increase their rarity considerably.

12. DinoExplorer2000

ok, so much more to explore!

13. voiditect

Is it under the blue swirl type or is that only the centen ruins?

14. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

No, it's its own encounter, it's not part of the purple or blue swirls (the latter, yes, is centen ruins only I think.) It has its own icon.

[​IMG] <== It looks like this.

15. voiditect

I had found it already. Where's the 3rd weapon blueprint? And are there other space encounters?

16. DinoExplorer2000

in what type of systems can we find the centen and alliance space encounters? is it only like lava planet systems, or can they be found in any system?

17. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

All of the weapon blueprints can be found in the embassy, so don't bother looking on planets or space encounters for them.

3 can be found in the sewer (you'll need a spider ball), one can be found at the top of the embassy (outside. You'll need a spiderball, grappling hook, and/or wall jumping to reach it.) and one can be found in a cave in the western cliff (you'll need spiderball or a grappling hook to reach it.)

Any, to my recollection space encounters occur in any system (unlike planets).

18. Heriol

Heriol Void-Bound Voyager

Is the steam version of the mod being updated eventually? I don't want to have to download the github version.

19. Drig insarcol

Drig insarcol Subatomic Cosmonaut

the github is for testing to result in a large, as-complete as possible update for the steam and here. Aegonian, are you ok with me speaking for you?

Aegonian likes this.
  20. voiditect

Where do you craft the Excelsior?